Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Here Comes Daredevil!: Part 5

No Caption Provided

New York

A bolt of solid blue repulsor energy crackled through the filth and dity polluting the air of New York City before slamming into the ground and exploding in a shower of bright, orange sparks, sending chips of concrete flying through the air.

It was a beautiful sight to behold, with the combination of colours making the deadly attack seem like a piece of artwork. The only problem was that Daredevil couldn't see the lovely mesh of colour. He was far too busy flipping and dodging out the way of the titan hovering just above him in sleek, black Extremis armour.

"Give up, Stein!"Captain Alberon of the Iron Army yelled as the vigilante dashed into the shadows of the alley and seemingly disappeared. "There's no where to hide!"With a quick adjustment of his helmet's visor settings, the Iron Soldier activated his thermal vision and quickly burst up to the roof where the closest heat signature was located.

Daredevil watched in grim silence from the edge of the roof as the Captain hovered just before him like some sort of demigod, completely powerful and awe inspiring. Just being near the armoured soldier made the vigilante's teeth shake from the energy he was emitting.

He wasn't going to win this fight.

Regardless the Man Without Fear equipped his billy clubs and set them into blade mode, he crouched to the ground and got read to move at a moment's notice. Once again his teeth began to tingle as blue energy formed around the Iron Soldier's palm before shooting forward in a straight, powerful beam. With unparalled speed, Daredevil rolled out of the way, completely aware that a single hit from the Soldier could be the end of him. He leaped from the roof and wrapped the strong wire connecting his billy club around the soldier's neck while failling, taking his enemy by surprise and bringing him down to the ground.

KRASH!

The two landed back down in the alley, sending discarded litter flying everywhere and knocking over a couple of bins. Daredevil got to his feet and moved away from the soldier, keeping as far away as possible. If he made a single mistake the fight would be over and he'd end up dead or worse.

"You've really taken this Daredevil thing to heart, Stein."Captain Alberon chuckled while slowly getting back up, his helmet's eyes flashing bright blue upon locking back onto the vigilante. "I'm impressed!"

The Devil focused on the indestructible man and quickly whipped his bladed billy clubs around his body, getting them both into a better position for the upcoming battle.

"You don't talk much, do you?"Alberon levitated back up into his aerial vantage point, blue flames flickering from the bottom of his boot jets.

"Only when I have to." Daredevil said.

"Don't worry..." A wounded voice gained the vigilante's attention, Spider-Man stood next to his ally, chest scorched from where the Soldier had struck him earlier, outfit reeking of the rubbish bins he'd fallen into. "I'll talk enough for the both of us." He flicked a bannana skin from his shoulder before quickly lowering his stance so that he was basically crouching. The two heroes both got into their combat positions. One of them was out of his element and comfort zone, while the other was badly injured and quite possibly regretting his decision to swing by Central Park this morning.

"Doctor Liberdeen wants you alive."Alberon said, voice growing somewhat uncertain from behind his helmet. "He won't mind a few bruises."The Soldier quickly thrust his repulsors towards the two costumed men, he let out dozens of blasts as Spider-Man and Daredevil quickly dove behind nearby cover, narrowly avoiding the powerful, deadly beams.

"Looks like we're in a bit of a jam, DD." Spider-Man said, wincing as a blast skimmed the top of his head which was poking from behind his cover. Daredevil simply listened to his surroundings and smiled upon hearing a loud, powerful heartbeat growing closer.

"Don't worry." He said as a tall figure appeared on the roof overlooking the alley, casting a shadow over the Iron Soldier. "Help's here."

The air rippled as a metal shield was tossed with enough force to tear a hole in the side of a tank. The repulsor blasts halted as Captain Alberon was knocked back by the device which bounced off his chest and returned to its owner who jumped into the alley, splattering mud on his bright red boots.

He was tall, strong, clad in sturdy armour with a small, white star directly over where his heart was located. The organ in his chest was beating like a drum and there was just something about him that made anyone nearby want to give it their all. The hero landed in front of Spider-Man and Daredevil before staring at the two of them and quickly formulating a combat plan in his head.

"Oh. My. God." Spider-Man said, staring at the legend in awe. Despite his misgivings about the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Daredevil couldn't help but smile at the man they'd encountered.

"Daredevil. Spider-Man." Corporal America nodded, shield strapped around his arm. He turned towards Captain Alberon who was charging up a beam of energy in his chest. "Spider on the left. Devil on the right. I'm going up the middle." He stated, completely calm and organised.

The two both glanced at each other before complying. The Corporal raised his shield, ensuring he was the center of the Iron Soldier's attention.

"Stark me."Alberon grumbled before firing, the beam struck the Avenger's shield, making him stumble back slightly but causing no damage.

"Go!" The legend yelled. Daredevil and Spider-Man charged forward, both on their respective sides of the alley. The wall crawler leaped into the air and fired a strand of web, splattering Alberon's feet and pinning him to the ground. Daredevil noticed Corporal America's shield fly right by him before fying into the Iron Soldier's visor, shattering his helmet before bouncing off and flying into the air. The vigilante got a sense of how powerful the device was and bounced off a nearby dumpster before catching the metal frisbee in mid air and slamming it downward onto Captain Alberon, knocking him unconscious.

He hadn't even been looking when he'd caught it.

"Wooh!" Spider-Man cheered, throwing his arms up into the air in triumph. Corporal America and Daredevil both joined their comrade in the middle of the alley, the vigilante keeping the shield around his arm, loving the overall feel of the weapon. "I'd say that was a pretty marvellous team up!"

"Spider-Man." The Man Without Fear said quickly, turning towards his new friend. "The informant!" He got a blank stare from the teenager who had clearly forgotten why they were there in the first place. "Deacon Wright! Get after him!"

The young man's eyes widened and he snapped his fingers. "Oh Stark! You're right!"

THWIPP!!

The red and blue hero shot up into the sky before swinging away on a thin web line.

"Take him to Abigail Leeds at the Bronze!" Daredevil yelled after him, before realizing he was still holding Corporal America's shield. "Sorry." He said, lying a little. Quickly he handed it over. "Love the weight."

The Corporal strapped his weapon back around his arm and nodded once again.

"You're the new Daredevil I've been hearing about?" He asked, this time it was the vigilante who nodded. "What was he after?"

Captain Alberon let out a loud groan, web still covered his feet and portions of his legs.

"No idea." The Devil admitted, holstering his billy clubs. "Whoever I thinks I am... he's completely wrong. I don't know who he is. He called me 'Stein'. That's not my real name."

The two let a moment pass by, mostly to let Daredevil catch his breath and process the day's events. He'd nearly been called three times in the last few hours. It had been a crazy afternoon.

"Why are you here?" He asked the Corporal, keeping a respectful tone while making it clear he was serious.

"Spider-Man." The legend said, holstering the shield onto his back. "I was searching for him when I found this little back alley brawl going on."

"Fair enough."

They stared at the unconscious Iron Soldier.

"What are you going to do with him?" The Corporal asked.

Doctor Liberdeen stared in silence at the unconscious figure dangling from a nearby balcony right outside New York's Iron Hall. Upon closer inspection the Doctor realized it was his personal soldier, Captain Alberon, who was supported by nothing but a wire wrapped around his body with a piece of yellow paper stuck on his armoured chest.

The paper had a note hastily scribbled on. Liberdeen plucked it off and read the contents.

"1-0.

Hell's Kitchen."

Next Issue: A visit to the Bronze!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool chapter, and it actually makes the world feel more lived in now that newer characters are starting to look up to the original Iron age heroes.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: True. I really like the history this universe has and the library of characters waiting to be used.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm a very intresting issue. What happened to the Fixer BTW?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@impurestcheese: What Josh said. That's why DD told Spidey to chase down Deacon.