joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Shi'ar space

The ship sits cloaked looking out on an entire Shi'ar fleet between them and the prison their mission is taking them to," Why would a whole damned fleet be guarding a prison?"

M'lek steps in,"It's not there to guard the prison it's the prisoner."

The crew turns to face him,"Which one?"

He chuckles,"There's only one here. Did they not tell you anything about this place?"

Hal spoke up,"All we know is there's a weapon in their and my Empire wants it."

M'lek's grin widens,"That's one way of putting it."

7 asks,"What is the prisoner's name?"

He sits down,"Kallark."

Sam looks curious, "Why would the Shi'ar lock up Gladiator?"

Fry shrugs,"I take it he's kind of a big deal."

Hal answered,"He served the Neramani, when Soren's house staged their coup the first thing take him down."

M'lek added,"They got him in his sleep with a serious dose of some kind of radiation. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to finish the job so now they keep him in a room with a power inhibitor and hope he'll die on his own."

Hal glared at him,"How do you know all this?"

M'lek grinned again,"Knowing things is my business, It's why I was locked up."

7 asks,"You're a spy?"

Tor-Vel answers for him,"He's an intel broker, he sells information to mercs."

Hal continues,"How am I supposed to trust you?"

M'lek replies,"If you're smart you wouldn't, but you can trust that I'll do what's in my best interests. Soren is bad for business, we haven't had a Majester less stable since Vulcan if not D'ken himself. If you let Kallark out I can guarantee his days are numbered leaving a power vacuum, which is great for the merc business and what's good for the mercs is good for me."

Fry chimes in,"Whose to say you don't just run to the Shi'ar to cut a deal for your freedom?"

The Kree all chuckle at this as M'lek answers," I've seen Brood more forgiving than Soren, the best possible deal I could make would be for a quick death. Back to the issue at hand though, getting there is going to be rough, I'd say they have around 25 warships probably loaded with fighters, we're one cruiser with 9 fighters and a pursuer ship."

7 perked up, "We do have 1 thing they won't be prepared for."

He looks to his side at the Abomination as M'lek snorts, "And what can he do."

Abomination stomps over to him and gives him a truly horrifying grin,"Me Smash."

(to be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Shi'ar space

The ship sits cloaked looking out on an entire Shi'ar fleet between them and the prison.

"Why would a whole damned fleet be guarding a prison?"

"It's not there to guard the prison” M'lek steps in “It's the prisoner."

The crew turns to face him, "Which one?"

He chuckles, "There's only one here. Did they not tell you anything about this place?"

Hal spoke up, "All we know is there's a weapon in there and my Empire wants it."

"That's one way of putting it." M'lek's grin widens.

7 asks,"What is the prisoner's name?"

He sits down, "Kallark."

Sam looks curious, "Why would the Shi'ar lock up Gladiator?"

"I take it he's kind of a big deal." Fry shrugs

Hal answered, "He served the Neramani, when Soren's house staged their coup the first thing take him down."

M'lek added,"They got him in his sleep with a serious dose of some kind of radiation. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to finish the job so now they keep him in a room with a power inhibitor and hope he'll die on his own."

"How do you know all this?" Hal glared at him.

M'lek grinned again, "Knowing things is my business, It's why I was locked up."

"You're a spy?" said 7

Tor-Vel answers for him, "He's an intel broker, he sells information to mercs."

Hal continues,"How am I supposed to trust you?"

"If you're smart you wouldn't” M'lek replies “But you CAN trust that I'll do what's in my best interests. Soren is bad for business! We haven't had a Majester less stable since Vulcan; if not D'ken himself. If you let Kallark out I can guarantee his days are numbered leaving a power vacuum, which is great for the merc business and what's good for the mercs is good for me."

Fry chimes in, "Who’s to say you don't just run to the Shi'ar to cut a deal for your freedom?"

The Kree all chuckle at this as M'lek answers," I've seen Brood more forgiving than Soren. The best possible deal I could make would be for a quick death. Back to the issue at hand though, getting there is going to be rough, I'd say they have around twenty five warships probably loaded with fighters, we're one cruiser with nine fighters and a pursuer ship."

7 perked up, "We do have one thing they won't be prepared for." He looks to his side at the Abomination.

“And what can that do?"M'lek snorts.

Abomination stomps over to him and gives him a truly horrifying grin

"Me smash!"

(to be continued)

Go Abomination!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Next chapter is pretty much just going to be a huge space battle and Abom is going to be a big part of it.