Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 3

Spider camp, 2195

The old man skidded to a halt as he jumped from the truck, "I need a medic, fast."

Several men jumped up as a few stretchers were brought out. Orbweaver nearly fell as she got out. Fiddler Back caught his sister as she cried, "We have to go back, we can't leave her."

Dennis held firm, "We go back, we die. Widow wouldn't want that."

She looked up with blood shot eyes and attempted to speak but was ushered away as Redback, David and the body of Funnelweb were taken out.

After several hours of surgery a doctor stepped out of the tent to talk to the old man about Redback, "He has some pretty severe damage but he's gonna pull through. I'll be honest tho, his powers are more to thank for that than I am."

David walked out on crutches and made his way over to Orbweaver and Fiddler Back, "The big guy is gonna be ok."

Fiddler Back cheered up at that but Orbweaver stared at the ground, "I should have let you handle the lock."

David looked her over, a bit angry but he forced a smile, "Look, you made a mistake, any one of us could have done it."

She gritted her teeth a bit, "I thought I was better, I should have been better."

The next day Funnelweb was placed on a pyre along with some of Widow's belongings as is tradition for fallen Spiders who couldn't be retrieved. The camp stood quiet with bowed heads and said a silent prayer.

Orbweaver walked away and went into a tent. David found her packing her things into a bag, "Orbweaver?"

She glared back, "Don't call me that, I'm not a hero and I don't need a code name."

He sighed, "Okay, Melody. What do you think you're doing?"

He then noticed a blood soaked knife sitting on the table. He grabbed her hand and turned it over to see the web tattoo on her palm with a bloody x carved through it. He grabbed a cloth and wrapped it, "Christ, Mel. What are you thinking."

She gave David a teary glare, "I'm leaving. And you can't stop me."

She then shoved him down and walked out as he reached for the crutches she kicked away.

Outside Las Vegas, 2196

A girl stood over a dead soldier with hate in her eyes as the assassin Scalphunter looked her over. He noticed the scarred over web on her palm as a soldier raised a repulser behind her, "We won't suffer a..."

Melody looked on shocked as Scalphunter holstered his gun. Jessica Mongoose gave him a hateful look, "What the hell are you doing."

He ignored her and walked over to Mel, "I know that look, that's a killer born. How bout I show you how to do it right?"

Mongoose was unnerved by the unusual calm in Scalphunter's voice. He looked back to Jessica, "She's gonna fit right in."

He then teleported away, leaving Jessica to deal with the clean up,"Damn it, Gerald."

Upstate New York, Iron Army training facility 2199

Stryfe stands over looking 2 dozen captured Spiders while Scalphunter stood next to him, "Why haven't they been executed?"

Scalphunter grinned, "Give it a minute."

A soldier dropped a bag filled with enough knives to arm all the Spiders. Stryfe's eyes narrowed at the assassin but Scalphunter raised a finger to hush him, "Just wait."

A woman in a long red hooded cloaked entered as the Spiders looked on nervously. She formed psionic scythe blades from her forearms. Stryfe sighed, "Another mutant?"

Scalphunter chuckled, "Former Spider, too."

Before the supreme commander could comment she dropped her hood with a hateful glare, "We shall not suffer a Spider to live."

As the Spiders readied to defend themselves she charged. She expanded the blades as she moved through the crowd. One man turned to face her but the rest were horrified as his torso slipped away from his legs. A huge puddle of blood had formed as the men began to fall dead. She had killed them all before they had even felt the strike.

Scalphunter laughed, "May I present, The Red Widow."

The end.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Time_Phantom

Holy shit! That's sweet! I love this chapter. Great origin for this new character.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@time_phantom: Red Widow, cool ?

It does seem like it was four chapters of set up for that excellent last bit, not a complaint merely an observation. Good work

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: I see you've been reminiscing. I still read all these to.