Marvel: Iron Age - Origin of Spider-Man

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE BASED OFF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS THAT ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THE WORLD IS THEIRS.

I blame myself for her death, my mother died because I didn't save her. Growing up among the spiders we had to keep our allegiance secret. Just wearing something with a spider or web on it is cause for arrest and interrogation. But when people were lost, hungry or in trouble we would do what we could to help. My mother brought me along with her to help extract the families of people considered dissidents to the Iron Regime. It was supposed to be an easy mission, they weren't targets yet. If we could get them out of the city and into the wilds quickly they wouldn't even be missed.

My mother was amazing, she could stick to walls and form psionic webbing but more than that she had the biggest heart. Whenever someone was in trouble she would help them, she wasn't a fighter but she had more compassion than anyone else I had ever met. I was brought along to help develop my own powers, I couldn't do the webbing trick but was pretty good at sensing danger and other things around me. It should have been an easy extraction but soldiers of the Iron Army were waiting for us, it was a trap. I didn't sense the approaching soldiers until it was too late, my mother ordered me to get to safety we would meet up at the rendezvous point.

I ran, using all of my powers to stay ahead of the Iron Soldiers pursuing us through the sewers and subway tunnels beneath New York City. Little did I know that my mother wasn't running as well, she was taking a stand. She tried to use her psionic webbing to slow the Iron Soldiers down but like I said my mother was not a fighter. With her last breath she grasped the sewer tunnel walls with all her psionic force and collapsed it in on itself. The news claimed it was an act by the Spiders to try to poison the City's drinking supply. Luckily Iron Soldiers were there to put a stop to it before it could succeed.

People didn't necessarily believe the story but didn't dispute it's claims. People know that the Iron Army aren't enforcers of the law, they are tools of oppression. And nobody who has ever been helped by a Spider thinks they would poison anybody, they stand for freedom and compassion. It was only when I made it back to my father and sister did I hear about the sewer collapse. They must not have recovered her body or we would have had Iron Soldiers at our door within hours but they never came. My father told me I did what I was supposed to but I couldn't help but blame myself. If I had only been there I could have helped her fight the Iron Soldiers, I may have only been 16 but that was older than Peter Parker of legend when he became Spider-Man.

It was only after I was sent to Madame Web, my mother's great aunt, that I was told hat I could do to honor her memory. "There is a new age of heroes coming Benjamin Kairos. This era will be in need of a Spider-Man as much as the previous one did. You will be that Spider-Man." After a few years of training I was ready to wear the red and blue and take the fight to the Iron Army and be a symbol to the people.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Interesting start! I'm curious to know more about the group of Spider-people and what else they do in the Irn Age.

gaetzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gaetzan

Nice! And like venom said its interesting.

Can't wait for the next one.

Gaetz.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

That's great. I like that he's older than when the original Spider-Man started.

Also is the spider symbol like the fish symbol of christianity, where one person draws one half then the other completes it then they know they're safe to talk?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

I like it

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

Very interesting set up.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: If you would like to, you can write the story of Peter Parker's death, I will if you don't want to I just figured I'd give you the option

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe said:

@PrinceIMC: If you would like to, you can write the story of Peter Parker's death, I will if you don't want to I just figured I'd give you the option

I kinda have it written out but was a bit fuzzy on the timeline so once I rewrite it to fit I'll post it. 

@batkevin74 said:

That's great. I like that he's older than when the original Spider-Man started.

Also is the spider symbol like the fish symbol of christianity, where one person draws one half then the other completes it then they know they're safe to talk?

Oh I like that idea, I didn't know that.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: cool, I figured you were the best one for the job

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

Yeah the Christian fish was partially in the dirt, if the other party completed it thus making the fish the they would freely discuss their faith. Otherwise it was just one person scratching in the dirt. Mainly when the Roman's were hunting them and they were hiding in plain sight but unsure if it was safe

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By desperado_

This is awesome! Nice job.

I like the whole Spider Rebel concept. Great job.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#12  Edited By The Impersonator

Great Spidey!

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Awesome work!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped, it helps with the interlude and the MIR: Spider-Man stuff

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

This is really good @PrinceIMC Slowly I make my way through the Iron Age, using SHIELD as the start and will be going through it all bit by bit. I am looking forward to reading more about Benjamin, nice reference to original Peter parker's family.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Bumped

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bump!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I just read through this like an hour ago.

Good timing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I was doing a quick check for that 'secret hideout' reference Ben makes. I was like 'Madame Web's his aunt, right?' Too bad it ended up being redundant.