joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Stalker Creed 7, field journal : entry 3

I'd been up for a few hours before activity at the camp picked up, apparently they'd decided to pick up and leave after yesterday's attack. They pointed David in the direction of the last known whereabouts of Madam Web, I couldn't make out all of it due to the commotion of the camp but as David left I clearly heard several in the camp yell out to be careful of the lizards, I didn't think it was important at the time so I took off without a second thought. A few hours later as I followed along I caught an odd scent that I was completely unfamiliar with, followed by a horrendous roar that stopped David in his tracks and I must confess I was a little unnerved myself. Hardy looked nervous as he'd checked the area and said the word "Krangs". I had heard of them before but had never seen one myself. They are massive reptilian creatures that are known for eating Grizzly bears and what ever meat that happens to wander by, they've even been known to tear Iron soldiers out of their armor on occasion. I was fairly certain that I would be able to out run them if I had to but a human like David on the other hand was in serious danger.

I took to the trees in order to get a better view and saw that there were 3 of them, the good news was that they aren't pack animals and are extremely territorial so they'd be just as likely to fight each other as they were to kill David or me, the bad news significantly out weighed the good. While me repulser glove did have some range, standard issues such as mine were practically useless on their hide which is why the Iron soldiers tend to use their uni beams on them, I'd need to get close enough to hit a soft spot like their eyes or the inside of the mouth for the repulser to have any use here, My blades being adamantium would easily cut through the skin but also require close proximity. If I was to have a chance I'd have to move fast. As I was about to climb down I heard David scream I spun around to see one of the Krangs barreling toward him. Another ran past the tree I was in so I leaped from my perch an buried my blades in its head which caught the attention of the third which came right at me.

It's teeth tore into my arm as I tried to evade it, I slashed toward its face and gave it a gash above it's eye causing it to quickly turn and lash me away with its tail. I collided with a tree a good 20 feet away and got back to my feet just in time for the next assault. As it jumped toward me I attempted to flip him causing the both of us to tumble over the hill landing between David and the other Krang. David actually seeing me was a violation of my mission but I had bigger problems at the moment so I kept my focus. Seeing the other Krang distracted the one on me for long enough for me to fire 2 repulser shots into its mouth killing it, I had dropped one of my blades in the chaos and unbeknownst to me David had picked it up and hurled it directly in between the eyes of the last one a half second before it bit my head off. My target had saved my life, then handed me back my blade and thanked me for the distraction and the use of my knife. I nodded to him as he waved to me and continued on his way. He is a truly odd man.

David Hardy's voice journal

This has been an interesting week, first I find a secret Ferrum lab and find out about horrible experiments, then I run into the old man after not seeing him for years had a fight with a few Goblins and to top it off today I was nearly killed by krangs. I should have paid attention to all those people telling me to watch out for the lizards. It started out fine I was walking along minding my own business when I noticed that roar, I thought I was going piss myself for a second. I picked up my pace a bit and then I heard what one of them roar in pain I figured they were just fighting over who gets to eat me when I heard another one stomping up behind me so I broke into a run. It almost caught me a few times but I had managed to dodge it. Just when I thought I was dead for sure yet another krang came tumbling over the hill, this one was in the middle of a fight with a very large man, apparently a mutant given his appearance and the fact that he was able to hold his own with one of these monsters.

The one in the fight looked back at the one chasing me just long enough to give the guy a chance to fire a couple repulser rounds into its face with what looked like salvaged Ferrum tech, He had dropped a big hunting knife in the fall so I picked it up and threw it as hard as I could at the krang that had been chasing me as it tried to tear the guy's head off. He looked pretty shaken and I couldn't blame him, given the amount of blood dripping off him I'd say the thing had given him a good thrashing but his wounds were already healing themselves up, even by mutant standards he had a fairly amazing healing factor from the looks of it. I yanked the knife out of the creature and handed it back to him. I tried to start up some small talk with him but he seemed kind of freaked out, I figured he could handle himself and I needed to keep moving so I continued on my way. It was smooth sailing after that but I made sure to find a high tree to sleep in for tonight just in case.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'm sure Hardy and Creed will be bestest buddies in no time, heh.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: I figured David saving 7's life would mess with his head big time and force him to start questioning his mission

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74