joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Stalker Creed 7, field journal : entry 2

Today was more active to say the least. I woke up before David, humans sleep too long seems a waist of time to me but then again I am designed to function with far less rest than they are. I had time to tinker with my new repulser glove a bit. I remembered somethings about them from my training but that was more focused on disabling them. I'd need to find a new power source for it, the soldier who previously owned apparently didn't know a thing about proper maintenance of his equipment his glove could barely hold the charge and keeping said source strapped to my arm was presenting problems as well. Once David had gotten packed up I was already a bit ahead of him.

I followed on for several hours until I caught the sent of other humans, a lot of them. The smell of blood and gun oil that accompanied them told me they weren't friendly. as I sat there watching my target approach the sent I realized David was walking into trouble. I'd heard of gangs of people wandering around the wilds robbing and killing who ever happened bu with something they wanted. For the second time I had found myself having to take on the role of protector for my target, I ran ahead and found some men with rifles waiting to pick people off as they ran from the gang. I wasted no time dispatching them and hurried on to the others, oddly when David came over the hill and saw the gang attacking this camp he ran toward them. As it turned out the old man had trained him quite well, he attacked them without hesitation or fear. I admit I was mildly impressed, but the fact remained I needed to keep him alive at least long enough to achieve my mission so I continued my task as quickly and quietly as possible.

I had no trouble killing the reinforcements they'd called in and those in the camp seemed to gain moral from watching David defeat so many and joined him in the fight. After it was all over I snuck around the camp and discovered that while it was the camp the old man had told David about none of the powered spiders were there. Luckily for me one of the men I'd killed happened to have a fairly new power source for captain's armor, though apparently he didn't know what he had considering they were using old fashioned guns when they had the potential to atomize the entire camp. While Hardy and those of the camp had their dinner I captured a few squirrels for mine and then got to work installing my new power source. Captain's armor is far more efficient than the common armors in that the each repulser had its own power supply instead of using the same power source as the rest of the armor, so i ditched the bulky power supply and attached the gauntlet containing the vibrainium battery which is said to be able to hold a charge for up to 20 years. I forced my focus back on David for a moment but he was of course sleeping again and then something caught my eye. During the fight one of the gang members had actually managed to stab me very near my heart before I had snapped his neck after it was over I removed it and hadn't looked to close at it but now I noticed something stuck on the tip of the blade. It was my tamer chip, which Sinister had implanted in all of us in order to shock us into submission if we disobeyed. end of entry

David Hardy's voice journal

Today started off well enough, I actually had the best sleep I'd ever had while camping on my own in the wilds. Usually I have to be on the look out for animals but there wasn't a single sign of any wild life outside of some minor rustling of some leaves. I walked for a few hours toward the camp when I finally got within sight of it I saw the attack. I recognized the insignia on their cloths that evil looking green face with a purple hat. They called themselves goblins, a fact which Madam Web had told me she finds terribly ironic considering the fact that aside from the Iron army they were the biggest threat to the spiders and their name sake had been possibly Peter Parker's greatest enemy.

I ran to help as fast as I could, though it was a bit odd that they didn't have any snipers planted like usual to keep random people from interfering in their attacks. I ran into the fray fully expecting to get killed for my effort but apparently it was a small band because they almost always have reinforcements yet no one came running over the hills to help. With the help of my fellow spiders I managed to get away with only a few minor cuts and bruises. That was the easiest fight I ever remember having with goblins. I helped put the camp back together and asked around to see if anyone had heard where Madam Web happened to be, the camp leader told me the last place he'd seen her and then offered me some dinner and a place to sleep for the night. As luck would have it someone in the camp had managed to to acquire some beer, a rare thing out here in the wilds so I had a few with some of the men from the camp after the children had fallen asleep and heard a few of them talking saying they could've sworn they saw a large animal running around the camp, I thought about checking it out but it has been a long day.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Spiders and Golbins. I like it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: I figured if where going to have spiders we had to have goblins

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe said:

@PrinceIMC: I figured if where going to have spiders we had to have goblins

I agree wholeheartedly.

Wanna get together and discuss where Madame We is for when he finally reaches her?
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: Sounds good to me

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Time_Phantom

I like these stories so far, they kind of add to the whole universe in a way. And the adding of goblins to oppose the spiders is a good touch. Wonder what Creed is gonna do with out the tamer chip in him?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@Time_Phantom: He'll have to work that out considering up until this point he's lived under the total control of someone who demanded near religious obedience and now he's starting to feel somewhat free for the first time ever and he has literally no concept of what that means

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By batkevin74

Goblin's, spiders, saberteeth's :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers