Marvel Iron Age: Distain Vol 2 #1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Rated MA, part of the Marvel Iron Age (owned by Marvel, we just play here).

Stane Estate, Rivne, New Latveria, five months ago

Darius Stane stood at the door of his former home looking at the people who shouldn’t be there. His hands slowly clenched into fists as he stepped inside.

“Who the HELL IS IN CHARGE HERE?” he yelled in the lobby which echoes throughout his family home which had been converted into a hospital.

Darius scowled at the holographic image of Carol Danvers “You did what?”

“Listen to your own hologram Darius before you curse me out” replied Carol from the safety of Doomstadt. A holographic image of Darius Stane appeared “To my lord Victor Von Doom, ruler of New Latveria. I am Darius Stane. I from this day forth turn over all my family assets and my family home over to you and the greater good of New Latveria. I have no need of them any more as they are the trappings of a two hundred lie! All I ask in return my lord is that if I die in battle at the hands of the Supreme Commander and his Iron Army; my body is returned to New Latveria for cremation and scattering into the Danube. Your loyal servant”

No Caption Provided

Carol smiled “Your own words; the greater good. So I…”

Darius shook with rage “I will kill you for this!” he seethed.

“Hey!” snapped Carol “Don’t you dare spe…”

“You’re not Victor Von Doom woman!” barked Darius as the jet black Supremis Techno-Organic Armour moulded over his muscular body in less than a heartbeat. “I can be in Doomstadt in less than fifteen minutes!”

“Are you threatening me?” asked Carol.

“No Danvers, I am warning you!” stated Darius “You return my property to me or I will kill everyone here and then I will come after you and knock you off your new perch!” Darius snapped the holographic device ending the conversation. He turned to the staff in his family home as he engaged the megaphone.

“Everyone has half an hour to leave my home! Anyone left behind after that time will fired upon! And if you think I am bluffing,” he raised his hand and pointed it at a startled nurse and fired, the shot severely grazing her arm “Think again! NOW GET OUT!”

Avengers HQ, four months ago

“Why?” asked Jessica Mongoose, the former Iron Army assassin as the Avengers sat around the conference table.

“Let me see,” said Darius “Because this is a waste of my time! These hit and run mission the robot sends us on…”

“Synthezoid” added Vision from across the table.

“Robot!” corrected Darius sternly “Are pathetic and disjointed!”

“So you want to lead?” asked Corporal America.

“No little soldier,” he replied turning to his comrade from the Fantastic Force “I want to achieve something. This Avengers does not and will not help me towards that end”

“So you’re a coward!” scoffed Jason the nephew of the war god Ares.

“No ape child, I am a realist.” Darius got up from the table “I am surprised we lasted this long”

“Well stark off then!” said Hawkeye sipping a beer “Coz asides from being able to fly and drop a satellite into Chicago bay to flood the city; you’ve pretty much just been a whinging little stark!” They all looked at Anthony Salazar, the archer extraordinaire who shrugged off their stares “What? You’re all thinking it!”

Darius smiled “Goodbye Anthony”

Bloemfontein, Southern African Union, three months ago

Darius Stane sat cross legged before the old raven haired woman dressed in leopard skins as she threw chicken bones into a pool of blood and spit she’d earlier poured into the dirt. Her eyes narrowed as the bones landed.

No Caption Provided

‘What is it?” asked Darius. The woman merely nodded as she cocked her head to one side. Darius huffed “Are you deaf? What is it?”

“Don’t be talking!” she chided as she shook her hand in his direction “The spirit world not a holograph you just call up!”

Darius gritted his teeth “I just need to know whether Kaine Reilley is at peace. He was in Minneapolis when the Supreme Commander threw it into space.”

The woman shuffled the bones around “He’s not your friend?”

“I don’t have many friends,” replied Darius “He was a good man for the brief time I knew him. Now tell me or I’ll take back the money!”

Stane Estate, Rivne, New Latveria, one month ago

Darius sat in his father’s study sipping a scotch looking at the portraits of his ancestors; Obadiah Stane, his son Ezekial, his son Solomon, his son Jeremiah, his son Zachariah, his son Samuel, his son Nicodemus…a family of misinformed idiots who believed Tony Stark was the Supreme Commander and had ruined the world.

“Here’s to you, you bunch of dead morons!” he raised his glass “May you all rot in hell!”

Darius downed the scotch in a gulp and hurled the empty glass into the fireplace. He took a seat at the old desk by the bay window and sighed at the scuff marks the hospital staff had put into the tabletop when they had used his home as a hospital.

Darius took out a sheet of paper and a quill and began to write: 10 Point Plan To Rid The World Of The Iron Army

No Caption Provided

Mexifornia, now

Darius Stane sat on a bench across from the Iron Hall. A HUD appeared in the corner of his eye.

-Basic scanalysis of Iron Hall concludes General Falcon Helfitta is not on premises. Percentage of error: 24.9% due to multiple factors; list?-

“Don’t bother,” said Darius calmly to his armour as he reclined back “I’m in no hurry. I shall simply wait until he’s here…and then kill him!”

To be continued...

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And just like that, Darius has reverted back to pre-Fantastic Force/Thanos Sanction/ losing to Stryfe the first time Darius. Or that's what it looks like from here. Next chapter could you clarify the sudden change? I thought it was kinda abrupt.

Or I could be reading this wrong and in which case shame on me. Looking forward to the next chapter!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job, not sure where you're going with this but I'm interested to find out.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: @time_phantom: Not really....well it wasn't intended that way, but the GAP needed something to happen.

1) Darius gave his home to Doom and probably thought it would be used better. Seeing it as a hospital under Carol's direction kinda annoyed him.

2) He also has had issues with his fellow Avengers so his quitting isn't a big surprise. Jason being Ares' nephew means Jason cops what Darius would normally say to Ares face. This was from Avengers I think

You know full well I am a synthezoid and not a robot!” reprimanded Vision “But the idea has merit. What do you want me to do?”

“Call them in to back me up. The little soldier, the nephew of the ape, the boy who uses sticks and the…”

Jessica walked in “And what about me?”

“The traitorous former assassin, who may or may not double cross us?” continued Distain

3) Also he's written out a 10 point action plan to rid the entire planet of the Iron Army, which may surprise people on what's on the list

4) He rewrote parts of his brain to protect against psychics in chapters 14-17 of Vol 1, which may have an effect on his personality.

“It seems my experiment has worked so far” The armour melted away and back into the hollows of his bones “So you tried to invade my mind?”

“Not so much invade” said Kimberlyn “Was more like a psychic shout to get your attention. You didn’t hear it?” Darius shook his head and smiled “All I get from you is static, like a cloud of static. I know you’re there but can’t get a lock on”

“Kimberlyn can you make people believe things that aren’t true?” asked Darius taking a seat.

“What like lies?”

“No, crafting false memories. I have a plan to make a set of false surface memories, that when a psychic such as yourself taps into my head they can see what I want them to see” Darius yawned

“You’re a starking nutcage!” said Kimberlyn “I’ll try”

Hope that clarifies things...if not I can easily fix it next chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74
Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Oh so I was reading it wrong. Shame. On. Me. Thanks for setting me straight.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: Sometimes tone is hard to convey. If I had to explain it, I need to better next chapter

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumped

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good stuff! I am a bit confused but that's probably because I haven't read the rest of Iron Age yet.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff! I am a bit confused but that's probably because I haven't read the rest of Iron Age yet.

Start with @joshmightbe intro chapters to get basics, also Tales from the Empire is good snippets.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umped