Marvel: Iron Age - Daredevil

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By desperado_

THE CHARACTER DAREDEVIL AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

Art by: Original by Marvel, Edited by

Writing by:

Chapter 1: Sins of Our Fathers.

No Caption Provided

I had that dream again last night. I'm a small boy, alone wondering aimlessly through the dirty putrid alley ways of New York City. No matter how hard I try to open my eyes and see, all that's in front of me is an endless void of darkness. No matter how far or fast I run, the void never ends. I feel scared and vulnerable. Every noise I hear in the void is a predator ready to pounce at me and devour my flesh... devour my soul. Every barrier I make contact with inside the void is a cold hard mass threatening to beat and bruise me each time I mistakenly run into it. The void isn't my home. The void is my prison. And like every prison there are people who reside in it who want to hurt you. People who wan't to break you simply because they can. People without a soul.

-

A dark crimson figure is on top of a small building, slowly watching the alleyway below him while slowly walking against the edge of the building.

-

I awoke from that dream, shaking and sweating. The void was still there of course, just like every other day... lurking and waiting for me to come join it. Smiling and grinning, waiting for me to embrace it. I smile back. I let it know that it hasn't beaten me. I let it know that it isn't the only one grinning and I let it know that it hasn't won yet.

-

The figure acrobatically jumps to the fire escape across the street, making no noise but the soft gentle sound of fabric and metal brushing against one another.

-

In the alleyway below two men are harassing a women. One is holding her mouth shut and holding her from behind while the other is undressing her forcefully.

-

These men are the predators in the void. They attack and abuse the weak, leaving nothing but sorrow and scars wherever they lay their hats. They are the soulless demons that hunt my dreams, so in return, I hunt them back when my eyes are open.

-

The figure drops to the high lamppost arched above the attackers

-

Thug 1: Hey... look man! Do you see that? Something moved up there!

Thug 2: ( Turns around and looks up to face where his partner is looking at. The bright light from the lamppost forces him to hold his hand over his eyes to get a better view.)

-

My names Daredevil... and I didn't see a goddamn thing.

-

Daredevil grins as he free falls toward the attackers while unzipping the steel cable from his dual billy club. He lands forcefully on the second thugs shoulders, springing himself up and wrapping the steel cable around his neck while in mid air. The second Daredevil lands he pulls the clubs away from each other and the thug's head goes flying in the air, springing a massive amount of blood after it.

-

If I could talk, this is when I would say something really clever to the remaining bad guy over there probably about how messy his buddy's head was, sending him running in horror. Unfortunately for him neither of the two are going to happen.

-

The second thug throws the woman onto the ground and pulls out a large, cybernetic handgun.

-

Daredevil pushes a small button on his weapon and the small clubs spring a large dagger from each end. He quickly throws one end at the thugs hand, sending the gun flying onto the ground and severely injuring the thugs hand, sending him unto the floor also. He motions the steel grapnel to come back to him and it obeys it's master. Daredevil slowly walks up to the injured man while he and the hurt woman quietly weep.

-

Thug 1: P-P-P-Please.... don't kill me.. I'm ...s-so sorry.

-

The thug is shaking and holding up his hand, which has a large gash, separating most of his fingers from the palm of his hand.

-

Daredevil looks at the hand then turns sideways to face the traumatized women on the ground, then back at the thug.

-

The thug, confused by the gesture looks at Daredevil then the women and slowly begins to understand what it was meant for.

-

Thug 1: M-m-m-m miss... i'm sorry. Please forgive me...

-

The thug moves his hand to comfort the cowering women and the woman jerks away and screams in horror.

-

Thug: Please! I'm just trying to say im sorr-

-

Women: Get the hell away from me you monster!

-

Daredevil looks at the women then back at the man. He then shakes his head slowly which frightens the wounded thug. The thug begins to squirm and panic as Daredevil walks slowly up to the man, pulling apart his billy clubs.

-

Shes absolutely right. He is a monster. He's Edward Sulliven. Him and his brother, George, have been on a killing spree as of late, targeting young men and women. Before they would kill their victims, they would take their innocence away, leaving nothing but a decaying body for their parents to retrieve. Lucky for her they decided to visit Hell's Kitchen this time.

-

Daredevil stops in front of the man and looks up to the sky. He whispers a prayer as the man below him screams in horror. Daredevil lifts his spiked dual club and looks down to face the demon... then he strik--

-

Thug 1: The Kingpin!

-

The thug screams, just before the dagger pushes itself through his neck.

-

Daredevil stops the dagger just before it's fatal blow. He slowly raises it to the man's throat.

-

Thug 1: You're Daredevil... r-right? ..Of course you are. Th-e Kingpin.... You tried to kill the Kingpin! I-I can help you. I know how to get in the inside.. Let me live and I'll help you kill him!

-

Daredevil lowers his weapon and helps the injured thug up. He then looks down to see the women who has a look of disgust on her face.

-

The thing is Edward.....

-

The thug thinks he his safe and turns around to face his dead brother. Daredevil quickly grabs the man from behind and shoves his dagger up the thugs spine while holding his mouth shut in hopes of muffling his screams.

-

I already know a "way in". I was actually just on my way there.... You and your brother here, were just a small detour.

-

The thug closes his eyes and slowly falls to the ground.

-

Daredevil offers his bloodied hand to the woman on the ground. She declines and stands up herself.

-

Woman: Thank you... so much.... They.. deserved it. I only wish it were more painful.

-

Loud sirens shout through the quiet streets. The Iron Demons are on their way.

-

Women- Go! I won't tell them it was you!

-

Daredevil nods and begins to climb the nearby fire escape.

-

Women: Daredevil!...

-

Daredevil turns to look down at the women, just before pulling himself on top of the roof.

-

Women: God bless...

-

We're far beyond that.....

-

Daredevil pulls himself on top of the roof and races and jumps across rooftop to rooftop. Off in the distance a large glowing skyline emerges. Huge metallic buildings flourish across the city. This is the future. This is the Iron Age.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

Nasty Daredevil!

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By desperado_

@batkevin74 said:

Nasty Daredevil!

Thanks for reading!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Daredevil is badass

gaetzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gaetzan

its really cool!

gaetz.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

@spiderbat87 said:

Daredevil is badass
desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By desperado_

@spiderbat87: @gaetzan: @The Impersonator: Thanks for reading guys! Very much appreciated.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

It's a really good start

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By The Impersonator

@desperado_: You're welcome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By batkevin74

looking forward to more DD action

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Slowly working my way through the Iron AGe (and other things). This is really good, violent and grim.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By tomdickharry1984

More? Is their more?

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points