Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 2

Sacramento, Mexifornia

Tiffany was worried but Curtis looked almost awestruck at General Balain, "That armor looks awesome."

Balain nodded, "I know, right."

Tiffany and Marcum looked at them with a mix of confusion and embarrassment. Tiffany swatted Curtis on the back of the head, "Pay attention!"

Curtis turned, "Mom told you to quit doing that."

Marcum waved the men forward to arrest them as Tiffany looked stunned at her brother continued, "Its rude."

As a soldier moved in Curtis grabbed him by the arm and yanked forward while driving an elbow into his face plate and bending it in. He then spun around and swept the legs out from under the second sending him crashing to the ground.

Marcum looked on stunned as Curtis put down all twelve of his men with ease. he moved to stop him personally but was blindsided by a shot from Tiffany's gun. She launched an explosive at him that sent him flying into a store front.

Balain moved in and grabbed him in a full nelson, "Quick question, are the flames on the sides too much?"

Curtis shook his head as he struggled a bit, "Nah, they're badass."

He then flipped up and pulled himself free before driving his foot into her chest. An energy shield prevented him from damaging her suit. Curtis grinned, "That's cool."

Tiffany yelled, "Be impressed later."

He sighed, "Okay."

His fingers then lit up with energy and he hit five points on her armor and Balain noticed she could no longer move. She chuckled, "You're good."

Tiffany looked on them like they were insane, "What the Stark is wrong with you people?!"

She then blasted a hole in the ground and jumped down, Curtis gave a wave and followed.

Marcum came back as Balain yelled out, "Can you hit the restart under the panel on my gauntlet?"

He flipped open the panel and rolled his eyes at the button marked,'Ctrl-Alt-Del.' "Are you nine?"

She ignored him, "They went down the sewer, give them the full spider sweep in case they have friends."

Marcum hit his comm and gave the order as Balian tapped him on the shoulder, "You like my armor right."

He sighed, "Can we just do our jobs here?"

She opened her other gauntlet and raised a screen with a map of the sewer system and a red dot, "He's headed east."

"You bugged him?"

She gave a nod.

Tiffany and Curtis tromped through the sewer. Tiffany was frustrated, "Why do you need a rat?"

He pulled the small tracking device off his shoulder and planted it on the small rodent in his hand, "Just having a bit of fun."

He then put it down, "Give'em hell little buddy."

They then ran in the other direction.

Several hours later a filthy soldier yelled into his comm, "There's no starking way the tracker is right."

Marcum gave an annoyed reply, "Just follow it."

The soldier looked into the 3 inch wide pipe, "Will do as soon as my Pym particles get here."

Marcum put his head in his hands as Balain looked on him, "He put the bug on a rat, didn't he?"

"Would you mind if I put in for a transfer to Chicago?"

She gave a wary look, "Chicago is a crater."

"Oh, I know."

Tiffany knocked on a small door in an out of the way section of the sewer and the door swung open to reveal a man with a web tattoo on his hand, "You the Cage kids?"

Curtis nodded as he put out his hand, the Spider shook it, "Dennis O'Neil, most folks call me Fiddler Back."

"Why?"

O'Neil gave him a wary look, "Why not? Anywho, come on in and we'll figure out how to get you out of town."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Sorry about the late response. Fiddler Back? Sounds Interesting especially considering someone actually wants a transfer to a hole in the ground (Chicago).

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: @joshmightbe: Who wouldn't want a transfer to Chicago or Minneapolis? Guarding a hole with nobody around...sounds like boring bliss!

And Batman writer Denis O'Neil is a spider! I knew it :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah and then the subterranean horrors start swarming out of it looking to take over the surface. (Moloids/Orcs/Locust/Xenomorphs/Giant Centipedes) Please Delete as Appropriate

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Not the MolOrcLocXenopedes! They're a fat worse than a fate worse than death!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Xenopedes bah. Way to cross something adorable (Xenos) nightmarish (Centipedes)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Glad someone got the Denny O'Neil thing but I'm kinda bummed no one spotted the Spider-man TAS referernce last chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: In the show during the first episode with Eddie Brock as Venom Spider-Man's spider sense goes of and he assumes he's about to get mugged and in his narration Spidey makes the comment that if the mugger finds money on him he'll half it with him.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cbishop

@joshmightbe said:

@batkevin74: Glad someone got the Denny O'Neil thing but I'm kinda bummed no one spotted the Spider-man TAS referernce last chapter.

The Denny O. thing was hard to miss. I like the name Fiddler Back, but you know the spider is called a fiddleback, right? Props for giving it a trademarkable spelling, but just saying.

@joshmightbe: I haven't watched the Spider-Man TAS

Me either. So what was the reference?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and by the way, the humor between Curtis and Balain, and just with Balain herself was surprising. What surprised most was how well it worked. Loved the ctrl+alt+dlt thing. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: He flipped open the panel and rolled his eyes at the button marked,'Ctrl-Alt-Del.' Ha ha ha ha

She gave a wary look, "Chicago is a crater." And referencing...if we ever get around to a reading order like @wildvine did for Corrupted this will help