joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Ferrum New York HQ, Manhattan

Corporal America and Hawkeye crouch behind a dumpster in an alley behind the building and wait for the security sweep to finish up and hope the scan can't penetrate their cover. Once it clears they find a rear door and disable the alarm with a device given to them by Vision. After a quick check to assure it was safe they entered and checked their blueprint loaded on Hawkeye's holo-phone.

Nicholas sighed, "How are you at climbing?"

Hawkeye looked over the garbage shoot that seemed to be the safest path to their goal, "Let's hope the Janitor is done for the night."

Back at Avengers HQ Distain, Vision and Jason await word from their team mates when Vision notices something on a monitor. Distain looks it over, "Goblins, that woman should have known better than wander around the park this late."

Jason's eyes narrowed, "I'll be back in a sec."

Darius sighed, "May as well, better than waiting here."

As the rear exit elevator started to rise Darius hopped on. Jason looked down on him, "You gonna suit up?"

Darius huffed, "I would not waste the Supremis on this."

They exited and quickly located the thugs tormenting the woman. Jason towered over one who looked back nervously when he saw the shadow hanging over him, "Nothin to see here big man."

He then showed his gun causing Jason to chuckle a bit. Darius walked past and informed the goblin themed thugs, "The woman should head on home." He picked up the purse she'd dropped and handed it to her. One of the thugs went to stop her but Darius caught him and delivered a kick that shattered the man's knee cap.

The first then pulled his gun and shot Jason in the chest and all went silent for a second. Jason looked down angrily, "That was one of my favorite T-shirts."

The gunman was stunned, "Oh stark me."

Jason swatted him down while Darius caught another running by. He delivered a hard punch that grounded him. Jason turned to last one standing who raised his arms defensively, "I surrender, I surrender!"

Darius patted him on the head, "Smart boy, run along now."

As he ran off Jason roared, "Stay outta the park!"

At Ferrum NY HQ

Anthony let out a sigh of relief as they finally found a spot to stop climbing after fifteen floors. Nicholas whispered, "You gonna be okay?"

Anthony nodded, "Just need a sec, we're not all super soldiers."

They checked the floor plan as they peeked out the chute door, "Looks like the place." Anthony pointed out the two night shift janitors wandering about and pulled out a small pipe and put it to his lips and shot out two small darts that instantly knocked the men out. Nicholas looked over, "A blow gun?"

Anthony nodded, "Less conspicuous than an arrow in the neck. No worries non-lethal as per request."

They then squeezed themselves out of the door, Nicholas had a bit of trouble with his shield bu managed to wedge it out. Unfortunately they heard the distinctive sound of armor boots coming from both sides of the corridor and heard them speak, "Hey Dave, how's it going?" Dave sighed, "Oh.. Hi Mike."

Anthony came up to the corner,"Sorry fellas." He shot Dave with an EMP arrow as Nicholas smashed Mike in the face with his shield. Anthony then tossed Nicholas on of his darts and they jammed them into the mouth slots of each soldier putting them to sleep. Unbeknownst to him Anthony accidentally set off a silent alarm as the entered the mainframe room of the HQ. Nicholas inserted a device into one of the terminals and the download quickly finished.

Hawkeye nodded "Well that was easy." He then opened the door and saw a dozen Iron soldiers in the hall before he quickly slammed it shut, "I just had to say it didn't I?"

Nicholas stared at him, "We have a problem, don't we?"

Anthony nodded as he unfolded his bow, "Call Red and get us a distraction."

Nicholas activated his comm as a voice from the other side of the door ordered, "Out, hands in the air."

Nicholas quickly stated, "Put Distain in the air we need a 15th floor exit."

Back in the park Vision called Distain, "Corporal America and Hawkeye require your assistance. They are trapped on the 15th floor of the building with multiple enemies."

Darius calls out his armor, "About time."

Back at Ferrum

Anthony knocked an arrow as Nicholas pulled up his shield and asked,"You ready for this Hawk?"

He nodded,"ready as I'm gonna get."

He then yanked the door open and fired an exploding arrow as they ran for the window. One of the soldiers came within grabbing distance when a repulser beam smashed into him from outside. Nicholas and Anthony leaped out and were caught by Distain who fired off a uni beam at the following Iron soldiers sending them crashing back into the building as the Avengers made their escape.

Later at Ferrum NY

Scalphunter, Jessica and Iron Claw reviewed the security footage. "Nah, this ain't Zemo's crew."

Jessica nodded, "Salazar maybe but Rodgers isn't the type."

Iron Claw grunted, "Could have changed."

Scalphunter shook his head, "No respect for history, Baron Zemos and Captain Americas don't mix."

The voice of Desmond Fisk came from behind them, "As far as the press is concerned, Its Zemo's crew, No sense getting the public panicked about two groups of costumed criminals."

Scalphunter seemed to be focused on the screen, "Can you pull up some of that news footage of Salazar's robberies?"

Fisk nodded, "Why?"

Scalphunter had the tech freeze two images side by side, Notice the difference?"

Jessica and Fisk's curiosity was piqued, Jessica pointed out, he switched hands on the bow."

Scalphunter grinned, "Nope, after his little crime wave started the press pushed out tons of video from Salazar from the circus, he always shot right handed, the guy who was here tonight shot right handed, but all of the sudden he gets left handed when he wants to knock over a convenience store?"

Fisk nodded, "He's got a twin."

Scalphunter grinned, "And we have bait. I want every news outlet on Earth claiming Zemo did this right down to the sloppy escape. Make damn sure Zemo hears about it."

Jessica was confused," Why?"

"The guy is an ego maniac, he sees his name on this he'll be chomping at the bit to clear it up. Iron Claw and I are gonna go hunt down the other Salazar, you're going after Anthony and Rodgers."

Fisk laughed, "Good luck tracking them, I have some of the most advanced security arrays on Earth and it couldn't catch their trail."

Jessica gave him a wary look,"Can you find me a dog?"

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Ferrum New York HQ, Manhattan

Corporal America and Hawkeye crouch behind a dumpster in an alley behind the building and wait for the security sweep to finish up and hope the scan can't penetrate their cover. Once it clears they find a rear door and disable the alarm with a device given to them by Vision. After a quick check to assure it was safe, they entered and checked their blueprint loaded on Hawkeye's holo-phone.

Nicholas sighed, "How are you at climbing?"

Hawkeye looked over the garbage chute that seemed to be the safest path to their goal, "Let's hope the janitor is done for the night."

Back at Avengers HQ Distain, Vision and Jason await word from their team mates when Vision notices something on a monitor. Distain looks it over, "Goblins, that woman should have known better than wander around the park this late."

Jason's eyes narrowed, "I'll be back in a sec."

Darius sighed, "May as well, better than waiting here."

As the rear exit elevator started to rise Darius hopped on. Jason looked down on him, "You gonna suit up?"

Darius huffed, "I would not waste the Supremis on this."

They exited and quickly located the thugs tormenting the woman. Jason towered over one who looked back nervously when he saw the shadow hanging over him, "Nothin to see here big man."

He then showed his gun causing Jason to chuckle a bit. Darius walked past and informed the goblin themed thugs, "The woman should head on home." He picked up the purse she'd dropped and handed it to her. One of the thugs went to stop her but Darius caught him and delivered a kick that shattered the man's knee cap. The first then pulled his gun and shot Jason in the chest and all went silent for a second. Jason looked down angrily.

"That was one of my favorite T-shirts!"

The gunman was stunned, "Oh stark me."

Jason swatted him down while Darius caught another running by. He delivered a hard punch that grounded him. Jason turned to last one standing who raised his arms defensively, "I surrender, I surrender!"

Darius patted him on the head, "Smart boy, run along now."

As he ran off Jason roared, "Stay outta the park!"

At Ferrum NY HQ

Anthony let out a sigh of relief as they finally found a spot to stop climbing after fifteen floors. Nicholas whispered, "You gonna be okay?"

Anthony nodded, "Just need a sec; we're not all super soldiers."

They checked the floor plan as they peeked out the chute door, "Looks like the place." Anthony pointed out the two night shift janitors wandering about and pulled out a small pipe and put it to his lips and shot out two small darts that instantly knocked the men out. Nicholas looked over, "A blow gun?"

Anthony nodded, "Less conspicuous than an arrow in the neck. No worries non-lethal as per request."

They then squeezed themselves out of the door, Nicholas had a bit of trouble with his shield but managed to wedge it out. Unfortunately they heard the distinctive sound of armor boots coming from both sides of the corridor and heard them speak, "Hey Dave, how's it going?" Dave sighed, "Oh.. Hi Mike."

Anthony came up to the corner,"Sorry fellas." He shot Dave with an EMP arrow as Nicholas smashed Mike in the face with his shield. Anthony then tossed Nicholas one of his darts and they jammed them into the mouth slots of each soldier putting them to sleep. Unbeknownst to him Anthony accidentally set off a silent alarm as he entered the mainframe room of the HQ. Nicholas inserted a device into one of the terminals and the download quickly finished.

Hawkeye nodded "Well that was easy." He then opened the door and saw a dozen Iron soldiers in the hall before he quickly slammed it shut, "I just had to say it didn't I?"

Nicholas stared at him, "We have a problem, don't we?"

Anthony nodded as he unfolded his bow, "Call Red and get us a distraction."

Nicholas activated his comm as a voice from the other side of the door ordered, "Out, hands in the air."

Nicholas quickly stated, "Put Distain in the air we need a 15th floor exit."

Back in the park Vision called Distain, "Corporal America and Hawkeye require your assistance. They are trapped on the 15th floor of the building with multiple enemies."

Darius calls out his armor, "About time."

Back at Ferrum

Anthony knocked an arrow as Nicholas pulled up his shield and asked,"You ready for this Hawk?"

“Ready as I'm gonna get."

He then yanked the door open and fired an exploding arrow as they ran for the window. One of the soldiers came within grabbing distance when a repulsor beam smashed into him from outside. Nicholas and Anthony leaped out and were caught by Distain who fired off a uni beam at the following Iron soldiers sending them crashing back into the building as the Avengers made their escape.

Later at Ferrum NY

Scalphunter, Jessica and Iron Claw reviewed the security footage. "Nah, this ain't Zemo's crew."

Jessica nodded, "Salazar maybe but Rogers isn't the type."

Iron Claw grunted, "Could have changed."

Scalphunter shook his head, "No respect for history. Baron Zemo’s and Captain America’s don't mix!"

The voice of Desmond Fisk came from behind them, "As far as the press is concerned, Its Zemo's crew. No sense getting the public panicked about two groups of costumed criminals."

Scalphunter seemed to be focused on the screen, "Can you pull up some of that news footage of Salazar's robberies?"

Fisk nodded, "Why?"

Scalphunter had the tech freeze two images side by side, “Notice the difference?"

Jessica and Fisk's curiosity was piqued, Jessica pointed out, “He switched hands on the bow."

Scalphunter grinned, "Nope! After his little crime wave started the press pushed out tons of video from Salazar from the circus, he always shot right handed. The guy who was here tonight shot right handed, but all of the sudden he gets left handed when he wants to knock over a convenience store?"

Fisk nodded, "He's got a twin."

Scalphunter grinned, "And we have bait. I want every news outlet on Earth claiming Zemo did this, right down to the sloppy escape. Make damn sure Zemo hears about it."

Jessica was confused," Why?"

"The guy is an ego maniac, he sees his name on this he'll be chomping at the bit to clear it up. Iron Claw and I are gonna go hunt down the other Salazar, you're going after Anthony and Rogers."

Fisk laughed, "Good luck tracking them, I have some of the most advanced security arrays on Earth and it couldn't catch their trail."

Jessica gave him a wary look,"Can you find me a dog?"

(To be continued)

Very nice, few minor typos (nothing to major) Nice to see Desmond Fisk in a wider context of bad guys, he's on the upper echelon of badness :) Good work

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Next chapter we get to see Zemo react to being accused of what he would consider sloppy work.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By YoungJustice

I loved this :)

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlackReaper

Good job. I've been busy lately, so I'm trying to catch up on everything. By the way, wasn't somebody using Hawkeye before?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@BlackReaper: Me and were working on him together.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BlackReaper

@joshmightbe: You guys so many stories my head's starting to hurt. I must consult the archive.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: He he he

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers