Marvel Iron Age 2.0: Venom #5

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

New York City, Ferrum Building, 2035

Cletus Kassidy cautiously walked down the building's hallway. Two Iron Guards on either side. They stopped in front of a large door. It was clearly made of metal, however it wasn't steel.

"Vibranium. Only the best for the leader of Ferrum Corp." One of the guards said.

The guard stepped in front of Cletus and knocked on the door. After a few seconds the door opened and both the guards turned and walked away. Cletus turned nervously back towards the door before walking inside. Inside the room sat a chair in front of a window overlooking New York City. A shadowy figure stood up from the chair and turned before Cletus, revealing albino like features.

"Hello Cletus. I've been expecting you for awhile."

"Tell me doc who are you?"

The man smiled. "Why... I'm Dr Essex."

2232, The Wilds, Toomes Convenience Store

David Brock watched as several Goblins prepared to drop their molotovs onto the shop keeper's head. He quickly braced his hand and fired a black web from it landing on the Goblin leader's molotov. He quickly pulled on the web sending the molotov flying into the wall. The Goblins turned towards Dave.

"Now who the hell are you?" The leader asked.

"Looks like one of those spiders boss." Another Goblin said. "Maybe he's that Tarantula dude from New York?"

"Really? Are you one of those spiders?"

Dave shrugged. He wasn't sure what to say.

"No? Then who the hell are you?" The leader asked again.

"I am..." Dave said. "I am SPIDER-MAN!"

"Well you're wearing black. Wouldn't it make more sense to call yourself Venom?"

"Look shut up! I'm meant to stop you guys from destroying the place!"

The Goblin leader nodded towards where the molotov had landed. A small fire had started.

"No offense man but it seems you've already done that."

The other Goblins tossed their molotovs over their shoulders before pushing past Dave and running out of the store. The fire started spreading and the Symbiote hissed at it in pain.

"WE MUST LEAVE THIS PLACE!"

Dave shrugged and turned to leave before remembering the whole point of him entering the shop in the first place.

"What about the shop dude?"

"help me..."

Dave turned towards the shopkeeper and frowned. He was surrounded by the fire and there was no other way to him then running through the flames. Dave noticed a fire extinguisher to his left and picked it up before spraying it over the circle of fire. He grabbed the man's arm and pulled him up off the floor before they ran outside of the burning shop.

"You... you've destroyed my shop." The man said as he knelt on the ground.

"Ah. I'm... sorry?" Dave said awkwardly.

"You... you're worse then the Goblins. At least they would have just trashed the place. YOU have completely destroyed it!"

"Look. I'm sorry."

"JUST GO!"

Dave turned and fired a web onto a nearby building. He jumped in the air and allowed his momentum to keep him moving. Today was not going well. It was going to get MUCH worse.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I like it, small edit, Tarantula hasn't been to New York yet but since its a passed down mantle I suppose a previous one could have been so its not necessary to alter anything. I really like that Dave is starting to show off some of the Parker Luck tho.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Well he isn't really cut out for crime fighting.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Despite his best intentions everything seems to go wrong and someone ends up pissed at him, that's pretty much the common thread that runs through the entire run of Spiderman comics (Aside from the SpOck crap)