Marvel Iron Age 2.0: Venom #2

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I imagine Dave looks kind of like this. :)
I imagine Dave looks kind of like this. :)

The Wilds, Ferrum Testing Grounds, 2213

"Oh WOW!" Dave cried as he lifted a two ton car above his head. "This is amazing!"

The symbiote had quickly attached itself to him when it realized who Dave was related to, and it was starving. Other then the occasional rat and test subject Ferrum had sent in, the symbiote had been losing a lot of weight.

"That's great Dave. Now would you kindly use the Symbiote's version of artificial webbing?" Dr Trask said sounding irritated. He stood behind a bulletproof window along with Brian Octavius.

"Right. Sorry." Dave said as he placed the car gently down on the floor. He braced his fist and willed the web to come out.

"THWIPP!"

Dave felt a shaking sensation in his hand and realized that the webbing was coming from his wrist. He opened his palm and saw it covered in the black sticky webbing.

"Well... that didn't go as expected." Brian muttered from the window.

"Sorry guys! I'm still kind of new at this!" Dave shouted up towards them. Brian was right. This definitely wasn't going as well as it could.

"It's fine." Trask muttered clearly unimpressed. "Just remember the mistake you've made and work around that."

Dave felt nervous. He clearly wasn't making the best first impression.

"Now then we're going to send in an Iron Man t-" Trask said, Brian's eyes widened.

"Sir. With all due respect I don't think that Dave's ready for a combat situation. Maybe we should call it a day."

Trask rolled his eyes and Dave gave a sigh of relief.

"Very well. If you insist. Mr Brock, there may be a bit of discomfort as we remove the Symbiote from your body. Prepare for it."

Dave had no idea what to do. He placed his fingers in his ears as the panels covering the wall moved away revealing large sound generators. A massive sound wave knocked Dave on the floor. The Symbiote screamed as it unraveled from Dave's body and was thrown across the room. Dave groggily got up to his feet. Several Iron-Men walked in and wielding several gravity guns picked up the separate sections of the Symbiote. Brian walked in cautiously and helped Dave completely up.

"Right. Welcome to Ferrum! We're going to keep testing the Venom Symbiote on you. If that's fine."

Now right now you're probably thinking that Dave will say something like "Hell no!" However just think. Here's a guy living in the second worst place on the planet. A guy with no physical attributes whatsoever. For the first time in his life he feels like he's the most powerful person in the world. Now if you have the chance to do that again. Would you? Of course you would.

"Yes. Definitely. When do I next come in?"

"Tomorrow. 2PM. Sorry about the whole removal process. I'm quite surprised you weren't knocked unconscious."

"Yeah. Me too..."

"I'll call a limo to take you back to your house. Damn Goblin gang. It's hardly safe to walk in the street."

Dave waved his hands in a way of shrugging off the offer.

"No thanks. I'm used to it. Anyway, I could use the walk."

Dave walked past Brian and up the stairs. He didn't hear Brian shout goodbye to him. In fact he could barely hear anything at all...

_______

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Daniel Brock shouted at his son. He held a shovel in his hand. It was the only thing they could afford in case of a Goblin attack.

"I'm sorry dad. I've been... busy." Dave said nervously. His father hated Ferrum for a reason. As did most people out in the Wilds. He wouldn't take kindly to realizing where his son was now working.

"That's not good enough son! Maybe you've been... sprayed with some... kind of probe and are recording everything I say!"

...Compared to other people, Dave's dad was very paranoid.

"No dad! I was... at the comic book store!"

His dad scowled and walked away. He put his shadow on the couch and sat down.

"Well... you better be getting to bed! You've got your first day of work tomorrow! I've gotta thank Jameson for letting you write at the Bugle!"

"It's fine dad. Really."

Dave walked into the bathroom and sat down. It was time to think. His life was changing. It was only a matter of time until Ferrum decided to ask him to go out in combat drops to fight the terrorists that call themselves the Spiders. He felt so powerful now. He felt sad that he could only use it when THEY wanted him to. Dave stood up and walked into his bedroom. He sat down on the bed and rested his head on the mattress.

_________

"Uh... sir." A lab technician muttered.

"WHAT?!" Trask yelled. "WHAT IS IT?!"

The technician stammered. He didn't want to risk the wrath of the man in charge of the Buster project.

"Uh. It took us awhile to realize this but... there's only 95% of the Symbiote in the chamber."

"WHAT?!"

"It appears that Brock might have kept 5% of the Symbiote."

Trask frowned even more then usual. This day was getting worse. First reports of men swinging on webs through New York City and now this!

"We don't risk it. We send a platoon of soldiers to kill him and his family. Tomorrow night. After we've made completely sure."

_______

Dave's body lay in a heap on his bed. He didn't feel anything as the small amount of Symbiote wormed itself out of his ear. It slowly and quietly wormed it's way from his shoulder and wrapped itself around his face. Dave slowly got up. His unconscious body walked to his room's window and stood on the ledge. The Symbiote had quickly laid the plan while it hid inside Dave's ear system.

The Plan? Free the rest of it's body and kill every single person in Ferrum...

To be continued...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Nice, I like that he's not instantly good with his abilities

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@joshmightbe: Thanks! It would be kind of dumb if he was immediately a pro with his powers.