Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 4- Destruction

Year- 1970 A.D.

Location- Project X facility, Somewhere in Alberta.

It was dark. So dark that I couldn't see any light comin' from it. I hear a noise comin' from the other side. Except that it wasn't the other side. This is ain't the afterlife. I can hear the noises, whispers and a lot of things which are happenin' right now. I couldn't even talk because my mouth was covered with some kinda mask. I think I'm caught inside the test tube, filled with water. I opened my eyes slightly and look at the people who were talkin' to each other. There were two people present in what looks like to be a laboratory.

"Dr. Essex," the familiar man said. Yea, he was called William Stryker who leads the operations of Project X. He had a slight white hair, his coat showed he came from some military personnel. It was hard to see his face. But I know the face though. I have seen him before ever since he brought me in. Ever since I got drafted by Project X in the first place. On the other hand, the egghead or the scientist...Yea, I remember him too. I think I met him after the old man, Stryker told me about my "appointment." His name was Dr. Nathaniel Essex, a brilliant geneticist who liked to toy around, experimentin' with humans, mutants or whatnot.

"Ah, General Stryker. What brings you here?" the egghead said. He was lookin' through the microscope, not payin' attention to the old general.

"I hope I'm not interrupting, Doctor," Stryker said calmly. "But I liked to know your results on our test subject."

The doctor paused for a moment and said, "I did what you asked. "But this test is proved to be another dangerous one. One that can unleash the true beast from within."

True beast? Is he talkin' about me? Yea, right. I ain't no f*ckin' beast. What are they tryin' do to me? Or the egghead? What's his goal here?

"The first test was successful," Dr. Essex continued. "We did manage to subdue his animal instincts. Otherwise, the subject would have escaped from this facility and maybe...kill innocent lives."

"What about the second test?" Stryker asked as he looked at the vials and the other laboratory equipment.

"Actually, the second test has yet to begun."

"What?" Stryker said angrily, facin' him. "You were supposed to do it earlier. Why now?"

Dr. Essex took out his file and showed it to the old man. Stryker opened the file, starin' at it. He looked up at Essex for a moment and said, "I see. This is your plan?"

"Apparently, I have yet to see the outcome of my next experiment. I heard that you have other scientists developed a series of robots. Am I right?"

"Yes, the Shiva robots. What about them?"

Dr ,Essex walked around the laboratory, who must have been wonderin' what he'll do next. Then he gave a smile, facin' towards Stryker. "I was wondering if you could lend me some of your tools of destruction."

Stryker showed a slight smirk on his face, walkin' towards Essex and said, "You got one hour."

Year- 2010 A.D.

Location- Project X facility, Somewhere in Africa.

One hour. Huh. I got one hour to beat the Shiva robot on my hands. But this is different. This ain't a trainin' exercise though. It looks to me that I have no other choice but to fight this tin-can. I ran, passin' the Shiva's right side and raised my adamantium claws, then strike against it. There wasn't a scratch. This tin-can is made of pure metal. Not adamantium, which I would think. I managed to beat these tin-cans before. I can do it again. But the only difference is once the Shiva robots are defeated once, the other ones can't be defeated again. Now, I have to figure out how to beat this one. While I was about to strike another blow, Nick Fury called in.

"Logan, what's the hold-up?"

"Can't ya see what I'm doin', Nick?"

"No. I think the screen is jammed with some kind of technology. Who are you fighting against?"

"Shiva," I said without patience. I wanted to end this tin-can so I can go and retreive the information wherever the h*ll it is.

"Shiva...," Nick paused. "I see. I'll have to ask Agent Phil Coulson to coordinate a different tactic."

Phil Coulson. Yea, I met him ever since I first started joinin' the D.A.G.G.E.R. organization. Phil was an accomplished tactician just like Nick Fury. He neva failed his plan durin' the past missions. He was one, tough h*ll of a guy.

The Shiva robot pulled out his saber weapon and came rushin' towards me. I jumped high over the robot, then landin' down at my feet. I turned around and made several slashes on the Shiva's metal body. But the scratches still didn't happen. I took out a bomb explosive, throwin' at the tin-can's face. The bomb gave out a fiery flash.

"I'll be d@mned," I said it with a fury. "You can't be stopped. Can't ya?"

The tin-can didn't say anythin' as Shiva robots were programmed not to. However, they only take commands from a source. If I had known the source, this tin-can could have been stopped. That old man, Stryker sure had some tough nails on these $h!theads.

While strugglin' to fight the robot, Nick Fury called through the comm-link again. "Logan, Phil came up with a new plan."

"What is it?" I asked.

"The information that's stored in the facility..." Nick said hesitantly. "The location is five blocks away from you. If you can evade Shiva's actions, you might able to get there in time."

"But this thing won't get away from me. I'm runnin' outta options, Nick."

"Use the laser gun. That should stop it."

"What?" I asked with a surprise. "A laser gun? Why didn't ya tell me this earlier? I would have fried this tin-can sooner."

"Just hurry up, Logan. We don't have much time. Phil detected a timer sequence in the Project X facility."

"Timer sequence? What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, still concentratin' on the tin-can's moves.

"That place is about to get blown up, Logan. Trust me."

$h!t! I can't believe I'm hearin' this. D@mn it! The place is about to get sky high and I'm gonna go along with it. Unless...I succeed on my mission in a timely manner.

The Shiva robot continued strikin' it's saber weapon at me. But he missed me as I moved an inch backwards. I jumped across the floor, landin' on my back and took out a laser gun from my handgun holster. This latest weapon was designed by one of D.A.G.G.E.R. scientists. to counteract the affects of anythin' which is made of metal. I had to give it a chance. It might be the only chance I've got. I aimed the gun at the rampagin' Shiva.

"F*ck this, @$$hole!" I said. The laser spurted outta my gun, slicin' every part of the metal body. The Shiva robot looked at its body bein' taken away, cuttin' off into pieces. The Shiva robot is finally dead.

I ran over five blocks ahead of the hallway. Between the hallway, there was a large door with the sign, said, "Employee Personnel Only." I clawed through the steel door and smashed it open.

"How much time I've got, Nick?" I asked. There was no answer comin' from the other line. I tried communicatin' with him again but none of the reply came out. It's as if somethin' has jammed our communication channels. Anyways, I have to extract the information from the databanks of the main computer. I took out a small USB device and inserted it inside the disk slot. The computer took a few seconds to recognize a new hardwarde device bein' installed. Then the message asked for extraction. I pushed one of the buttons, which Philly taught myself about which buttons to press and enterin' the access codes. The extraction started at 1% and then 20%.

"Come on...Come on. I ain't got all day, ya piece of f*ckin' trash. COME ON!"

After two minutes, the extraction reached 78% and then 100%.

"Finally!" I thought. I took the USB device out from the disk slot and ran away from the computer room. A computer voice shouted outta nowhere.

Destruction Sequence Begun! 10...9...8...

"Logan...Logan...Can you hear me?"

That voice...I know that voice. It's him again. What does he want this time? This ain't the time for anythin' right now.

"Logan...I know what you're trying to do. Let me help you."

I tried to find my way outta here. But the familiar voice keeps talkin to me. He neva stops doin' it. I already told him that joinin' his team, ain't the best idea. It's too late for that. I'm sorry...Professor.

3...2...1...0.. Destruction Initiated!

It was dark. So dark that I couldn't see any light comin' from it. Was I alive? Was it a dream? I guess it ain't a dream after all. The sound of the explosion rang though my ears. It sounded like a big bang of how the universe actually started. Maybe, this is it. This could be the end of my life. Nah, I would neva believe that. I opened my eyes and finally saw a light. A sunshine flashin' against my eyes. There was also a sound too. But it ain't a sound of an explosion though. It was a sound of an incomin' helicopter. Yea...what a day. What a f*ckin' day.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 5- Practical Magic.

Wow! Now that Logan has the information, what's he going to do next? You may find out in Chapter 6. For now, Logan and Remy are going to face magic under the hands of the Sorcerer Supreme. Will they win? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. It's time to play Harry Potter, folks. SNIKT!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@the_impersonator: Cool tres interesting and the involvement of Mr Sinister in the creation of whatever the thing in the labs is something I'm very interested in.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@impurestcheese: Thanks! I know, right? He sure is sinister. =P

By the way, he's not called Mr. Sinister in Marvel Genesis. He's just called Sinister. Things are differently from the mainstream Marvel universe. Just you know. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers