Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 35- Mind Games

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 35- Mind Games

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Arthur Kill Correctional Facility, New York.

Cage and I were in the cafeteria, sittin’ on our seats. After doin’ the hard work, scrubbin’ and moppin’ the floors, we were eatin’ breakfast, talkin’ about the things that I had spoken with the doctor or a scientist named Dr. Zebediah Killgrave. I told Cage what the doc was gonna do to me. He listened carefully, eating the bacon and eggs on his plate. I was eatin’ the same thing, which is pretty much what the cook was servin’ nowadays. But sometimes, I feel sick, eatin’ the same, d@mn thing. Anyway, I continued talkin’ with Cage about the shock therapy.

“I don’t know, Logan,” Cage said. “Sounds to me you may get what you’ve bargained for.”

“Well, Cage,” I said. “I have to try. Don’t I?”

“Hey, man,” Cage said. “I didn’t say it’s a bad thing. It’s just the doc, whom you talked about. I mean, the other prisoners talked about it. I heard them.”

It’s true that the prisoners cried in pain, whateva the doc was tryin’ to do with them. I didn’t ask the doc, whether he was doin’ the shock therapy on them. But it sounds like the prisoners were gettin’ their own shocks. I had to see it for myself.

We kept eatin’ out breakfast, when suddenly, a man came behind me. I can sense him. I can tell he wasn’t holdin’ a tray of food. He just stood there, probably waitin’ to attack me. I looked around, starin’ at him, the man with the tattoos. This must have been the guy, who had beaten up Cage. The guy also had earrings, one for his ear and nose. He stood there, watchin’ me, showin’ his bad look. Some of the other prisoners were watchin’ us, whereas the others were still eatin’ their breakfast. I looked back, continued eatin’ my breakfast.

“Hey, you,” the man with the tattoos said. “I’m talking to you, buddy.”

I didn’t even listen to him. Sometimes, these guys wouldn’t let someone go, or mind their own business. Every day, I tried to fight these guys. But I always held myself back, not wantin’ to cause more trouble, and gettin’ locked up into another jail cell, which the guard previously told me it was rotten. Like I always said, I hate this f*ckin’ place.

“Are you listening to me, punk?” The tattooed prisoner asked.

“Listen, pal,” I said. “You betta scram. Or else...”

“Or else, what?” The tattooed prisoner said. “You’re going to hit me? Come on, punk. Let me see what you got.”

I can’t believe of what I had just said to the tattooed prisoner. Somethin’ tells me that I wanted to fight him. It’s just that I didn’t wanna cause them pain if I ever wanted to. The way that Cage looked at me, told me that I had to fight back. The other prisoners were probably waitin’ for the moment. After all, I neva fought the prisoners. However, I did manage to knock the guard off back at the warden’s office. But the only thing was that I couldn’t hit the warden. He had beaten me up like a crazy man.

I stopped eatin’ my food and thought about what the tattooed prisoner had said. He was still waitin’ for me to strike back. I looked around and saw some of the other prisoners were starin’ at me. There weren’t that much guards in the cafeteria, watchin’ the prisoners eatin’ their own breakfast. I looked down at my food, wonderin’ whether I should just ignore the tattooed prisoner’s words or I should hit him real hard. I made a choice.

I turned around, punchin’ the tattooed prisoner’s face. The other prisoners stood up, and saw our fight. Cage saw it too. He was like rootin’ for me, to keep fightin’ ever since he didn’t like the tattooed guy. I kept punchin’ him, again and again. The tattooed prisoner held my head, and hit it with his own head. I went back, holdin’ my head, tryin’ to ignore the pain. I punched the prisoner on the gut. His fists hit on my back very hard. But I used my own fists to knock him down, almost breakin’ his jaw. The prisoner had blood comin’ from his mouth. He tried to stand up, and swirlin’ his fists like a tough boxer. I did the same. I almost punched him, lettin’ my fists go passin’ his head. He punched me on the face, then the gut. I fell back down on the floor. The tattooed prisoner almost came at the top of me. I used both of my legs to push him back. I got up from the floor, and rushed towards him, pinnin’ him down on the floor. The other prisoners finally stopped eatin’ their food, gathered around to see the fight. I don’t know if the guards were goin’ to come here and take me away. So far, they haven’t come yet. The warden must be seein’ the fight scene too.

I punched the tattooed prisoner’s face again. The blood came outta his nose. Then I used both of my hands to choke him. The other prisoners were like shoutin’ at the tattooed prisoner to fight back. But the guy didn’t seem to listen to them. He was almost in an unconscious mode.

The guards finally showed up, pushed the other prisoners away, and held my hands. They tried to pull me back but I didn’t let them. I wanted to teach the tattooed prisoner a lesson. Cage was watchin’ me. He almost gave a surprise look on his face, probably thinkin’ that I was gonna kill his enemy.

I kept chokin’ the tattooed b@$t@rd. One of the guards picked up the baton, and slammed my head with it. I fell down on the floor, became unconscious.

I woke up, findin’ myself strapped on the bed. At first, the world around me seemed blurry. Then it became clear of where I was. I was in some kinda laboratory. I knew this place before. I had seen it in my dream. I looked at myself, bein’ strapped with some cloth on the bed. It’s like I was thrown into a mental hospital or somethin’.

The doctor opened the door, and closed it behind him. It was Dr. Zebediah Killgrave. He stared at me for a while, and then he took some device, puttin’ a flash of bright light on my face. He must be examinin’ me.

“Doc...Wh...Where am I?” I said, tryin’ to come outta my senses.

“Ah, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I did not notice you are awake.”

“What’s this?” I asked, lookin’ around the place. “Am I gonna get the shock therapy? I thought you’re gonna let me know.”

“Yes, I did say that,” Dr. Killgrave said. “However, Mr. Rice confirmed to me that you had cause great trouble at the cafeteria. Is it not?”

“Look, doc,” I said. “I really don’t like this place. But I wanna know the answers, so that I can get outta here. Do what ya have to do.”

“I am afraid that is not possible, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “In fact, I have other plans for you.”

I didn’t know what the doctor was talkin’ about. I did ask him to give me some electric shock treatment, and now he just changed his mind? I couldn’t believe it.

“What are ya talkin’ about?” I asked.

Dr. Killgrave went to the counter, stared at the empty vials. I recalled that I had seen those vials before. There were also in my dream. The colour of the liquid, contained inside the vial was silver. I didn’t know what that meant. I wanted to ask the doctor earlier. But now, I guess it’s the right time to ask.

“What are ya gonna do, doc?” I asked another question. “Those empty vials...What are they used for?”

Dr. Killgrave didn’t give a response to me. He only kept starin’ at some files on the counter. Then he turned around, facin’ me. He smiled.

“That is none of your business,” Dr. Killgrave said. “You are here for a very good reason, Logan.”

“What reason is that? I asked.

“You have so many questions, yet you still do not have the answers,” Dr. Killgrave said.

“That’s because you’re not givin’ me any of them, d!ckhead,” I said with anger. “Now tell me, what’s goin’ on here? What’s up with the vials? I had seen them in my dream. Cage was here, strapped on the bed.”

Dr. Killgrave laughed a bit. It seems that he had somethin’ to hide from me. But I didn’t know what. No matter, how many questions I’ve asked him, he wouldn’t give the f*ckin’ answer.

“Look at me, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “Listen well. I want you to tell me everything what you know.”

“What?” I said with a surprise. “I’ve told ya, doc. I don’t remember anythin’ of what happened to me or my life. Ya got that?”

“Oh really?” Dr. Killgrave said. “Perhaps, you know something about Project X.”

Project X? I haven’t heard that name before. But somethin’ tells me that it sounded familiar. How am I supposed to remember that? And how did the mad doctor know Project X?

“What’s goin on here, doc?” I kept askin’ the question. “What are ya tryin’ to pull?”

The doctor smiled, came closer to me. I felt somethin’ strange as if I was pulled on towards him. I don’t what he was doin’ to me. But I was sweatin’ like crazy. I can feel the sweat drippin’ down from my head. What was he doin’ to me? How he’s doin’ this?

“Now, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I want you to listen very carefully. You think you have not remembered anything of what had happened to you. But it is not true. You do remember.”

“What?” I said. “Ya gotta be kiddin’ me.”

“I am not joking, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “It is the truth. What I want to know is everything about you and Project X. This is the best place and the best time to know such things, which will help me in my experiments.”

“Yes...I...I will...” I said. Why did I say that? Did I forget what happened about my past? Is the doctor forcin’ me to tell him? It doesn’t make sense, and the experiment, which Dr. Killgrave mentioned. What kinda experiment was he talkin’ about?

“Come on, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “You can do it. I know you remember very well. It is only the matter of fact that your memories are still intact, yet you were led to believe that you had forgotten them.”

“I...I...I can’t. No, I won’t. I won’t tell ya.”

“Yes, you will tell me,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I will force you, not matter what the cost.”

“No...You f*ckin’ lied to me...”

“Do it, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said, ignorin’ my statement. “Tell me! TELL ME EVERYTHING!”

“WRAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 36- Unleashed.

Holy $h!t! The mad scientist is forcing Logan to tell everything about his past, especially Project X? What was Dr. Killgrave trying to pull here? You may find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I shouldn’t have listened to the mad doc. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.