Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 26- The Rising Dead, Part 2

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Hotel La Giocca. Rome, Italy.

It’s been three hours I’ve slept on my bed. I stood on the down floor, waitin’ for the others to come. I can’t tell whether they slept or not. But one thing for sure is that Domino really slept well. It was a surprise that I found her on the bed, lyin’ next to me. The fact is that I don’t like surprises.

A few minutes later, they finally arrived. I told them that the zombies might come around this hotel area at any moment. With the use of the Crimson Stone that Dr. Strange gave me a day ago, we could stop Selene and contain the dark magic, the Ring Imperial. The only thing is how we’re gonna find her in this place. I already asked the Sorcerer Supreme about that. He had said that Selene can only be found, controllin’ her zombies nearby. He neva thought of this idea of usin’ the Crimson Stone before, which we could’ve stopped Dr. Doom earlier. But the problem was Dr. Strange neva had the Crimson Stone in the first place. He had to think of a plan and use his powers to scan other dimensions in hope for searchin’ the answers to contain the Ring Imperial. It took a while for him to perform the magic search. That’s when he found out about the Crimson Stone located in another dimension.

The rest of the team looked at me as if through they were expectin’ some commands outta me. The Vanisher didn’t seem to be happy about this mission. He had said it would be better to teleport us and find Selene and then stop her. But he had no idea where would she actually be. He had to know some locations though. His teleportation powers only works through awareness. Since Dr. Strange had told us the location of where Selene would raise her army of the dead, he thought of that place where he used to visit all the time. In the past, he tried to steal some ancient artifacts or the artistic pieces of ancient history. He’s the kinda guy, which Remy would certainly like to hang out with.

“Are you sure they’re going to come here, Logan?” Elixir asked. He looked outside the window, probably wonderin’ when the zombies will show up.

“Yea, kid,” I said. I wonder about Elixir if he could heal the zombie infection. There’s no tellin’ what might be the outcome. Sure, he neva failed the mission before, even healed the D.A.G.G.E.R. agents without killin’ them. But the zombie infection is different. If any one of us might get bit from these dead things, then Elixir had to try and heal our wounds

“Hey, kid,” I said. “Don’t worry. I know what you’re thinkin’ about.”

“What do you mean?” Elixir wondered as he still looked outside the window.

“I’m talkin’ about the dead things, kid,” I said. “In case if we get bitten, your job is to save us.”

Elixir didn’t say anythin’ about it. Maybe, he was afraid of the fact that he may not able to heal the infected wounds. But he had to try it for sure. You can’t assume things. Elixir walked away from the window and Warpath had just arrived in front of me.

“What else have the magician told you?” Warpath asked, referrin’ to Dr. Strange. He stood there besides the guest table, like some sorta bodyguard.

“He told me so many things,” I said. “Things you may not understand.” I looked outside the window, and so far, the dead hasn’t arrived yet. The night was still dark, yet nobody woke up from their sleep. It’s because the mysterious Fantomex had created an illusion for them, and hypnotized them, into whatever it is that would prevent the tourists or the other inhabitants of the hotel to wake up. I really wanted to find out what Fantomex was all about. There’s somethin’ about him, the white eyes, his white costume and the white mask. He carried two guns on his hands, checkin’ the bullets were there, and gettin’ ready to fight the zombies.

Warpath raised the both of his sharp knives. I looked at them and they were both seemed to be cleaned.

“You can tell me, Logan,” Warpath said. “There are things that I can understand the world of magic. I’ve come from a tribe where my brother and I had encountered a dangerous being.”

“You mean the Great Beast?” I asked, tryin’ to change the subject and focus on the mission here.

“Yes,” Warpath said. “I see you’ve already read my files.”

“Yea, pretty much,” I said. “I think I’ve encountered it before.”

“So they say,” Warpath said. “I’ve listened to stories from other people of D.A.G.G.E.R. But they’ve said it was a hoax.”

It seemed to be true. The hoax was pulled off by none other than Psi-Borg, who used to work at Project X. But thanks to Nick Fury’s information, I managed to find Psi-Borg and kill him. The only problem is that whenever I felt and encountered the Great Beast, was real. There wasn’t a mistake about it. It may be one of those mind tricks lettin’ people to think that those things were actually real. You can’t tell it for sure until the truth can be found.

Domino raised her sniper, rubbin’ it almost as she was touchin’ someone’s hand. The sniper rifle was quite long, which made me think she could shoot a zombie on the head. We all know the weakness of the zombies, besides shootin’ anywhere else on their bodies.

“Are you ready for this, Logan?” Domino said with another smile. She stared at me like she was tryin’ to seduce me into havin’ $ex with her.

“Yea, what about you?” I said.

“I’m always ready,” Domino said. “I’m pretty sure these zombies will face their bad luck.”

“Don’t count on it,” I said. “They’re mindless, after all. I bet Fantomex couldn’t even hypnotize them. We’ll have to be careful about what we’re gonna do here.”

“Hmm...” Domino said. “Then we need to have a plan.”

“I’ve told you the plan,” I said. “Dr. Strange mentioned that Selene had to stay close in order to control her dead army. Her dark magic is limited.”

“You mean this...Ring Imperial?” Domino said.

“Yea,” I said. “If it’s true, then we’ll find some way to get close to her. The Vanisher can teleport me to her precise location. Then I can use the Crimson Stone to capture her dark magic.”

“Okay,” Domino said. “What about Selene?”

I don’t know if I can say this but she was rumoured to be a powerful sorcerer. She was born a mutant back then, the ancient history of Rome. She had the ability to drain the lifeforce from another person by kiss. However, she began to age rapidly and wanted to drain more lifeforce from more people. She killed them, whoever they are, yet she didn’t care if they had families or not. She found another way to keep her youth intact. It was dark magic. She practiced somehow or got taught by another magician. There were other mutants, especially the two Proudstar brothers attempted to stop her and her evil plans.

“I don’t know, Domino,” I said. “I might have to cut her head off. If I couldn’t, you need to give me some good luck.”

“I knew you would say that,” Domino said. She gave another smile on the face. Is she the kind of person who always likes to smile? Maybe, she does.

A few seconds later, there were some sounds comin’ from outside the hotel. They sounded like someone moanin’ a bit. We looked outside the window, together. It wasn’t just one person but many of them. The almost, dark shadows from the light, smoked fog just appeared. I opened the window, smelled the rotten flesh. It’s them. They’re gonna come here and eat us.

Everyone raised their own weapons except for Elixir. He wasn’t the type of person who would shoot somebody even though if he or she were dead. His job was only to heal our wounds, so that we could get back in shape and continue the fight. The Vanisher had guns too. I wondered he had stolen them from some guy who liked to shoot some bullets on his enemies.

I unleashed my adamantium claws outta my knuckles. I opened the front door and the others followed me. The door was closed behind.

“Alright, bubs,” I said. “Let’s get them.”

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 27- The Rising Dead, Part 3.

The zombies have finally arrived. But how Selene did know the X-Force was waiting for her at the hotel? Is it because of her magic? Can the X-Force stop the zombie attack? Will Logan able to contain the dark magic, the Ring Imperial? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Get ready, folks. Dead things will get bumpy in the night. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.