nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nickthedevil

Rated: T for suggestive material, and brief language

Henry "Hank" Pym, Janette Van Dyne, H.A.M.M.E.R. And Pym Particles Are property of Marvel INC

Hank Pym: Origins (Chapter One)

Ugh…. It’s nights like these that make me wish I was dead… more so than I already am. I walk into my decaying apartment building. My room’s at the top. Sixth floor. As I’m taking up the third step I almost step on a Roach… or what’s left of it… the ants have been getting at everything in this place.

I get to my door. It takes a push and a shove to get in. I turn on my light and It takes a few seconds for the lights to flicker then reveal the trash dump I call a room, But it’s my home. I’ve been on to something for the past few weeks… but it’s probably going to lead me to a dead end. Again. These particles I’ve playfully called “Pym Particles”. I’ve found a way to synthesize them into a liquid. But no reaction is given.

I go to my work place. easy enough, and I turn on my Bunsen burner, and put the particles into a pan. I look into the fire. And I remember a certain candle flame, from a certain night…

It was cold. Like today. And I was sitting across a candle light table from Jan. Janette Van Dyne. We were High school sweethearts and she was Beautiful, while I was just a Geek playing with his beakers and burners… I was/am Good looking, mind you, but she was gorgeous. She had invited me to dinner. Her parents were rich, and they had connections, but that didn’t matter to me. What mattered was that she was… well she was Jan.

Janette: Hank we’re done.

Pym: (spits his drink) -The hell?

Janette: well come on Hank. It was High school. We were young. But now we both have to get up and do something.

Pym: but I am, im going to get funding from H.A.M.M.E.R. and then we—

Janette: No Pym. We got a letter today. You were denied. Again. And we just can’t be living like this. Daddy doesn’t like you enough as it is. And asking him for mone-

Pym: Hell No. I’m not asking your old man for money, so why would you assume that? Im not stooping so low… you’re right Janette. Damn right. We ARE done.

I came back to the present….Looking back at that now… it seemed foolish to even have that conversation but hey just the fact that she had a thought of leaving me was enough for me to get pissed screw it all-- I accidentally hit the pan, knocking the liquid containing the particles onto a chair, and burning myself in the process.

Pym: $HHH*****T!

It hurt like hell. I look over to the chai-…. It’s. Gone.

Pym: where did it go? (looking under the table, he notices, what he thinks, a small chair. And he is right)

Holy. Cr@p. It’s the chair. The chair that was just right THERE. It hits me… the Particles needed to be heated up… made ACTIVE and applied. By applying the serum I-

Alyssah: HEY! Whats up Hank!

I jump back and almost trip. The girl’s name is Alyssa. An 11 year old girl. Blonde, pretty, young….ahhh the wonders of being young… she’s my neighbor’s daughter. She’s usually at work all day. And when Alyssah comes home, she’s found in my apartment for a long while.either bugging me or watching TV. I don’t mind. She’s been through hell with an abusive father. She’s a smart girl. And the school she is forced to go to isn’t adequate for her. Wish I could give her more.

Pym: DAMN! There’s a little thing called knocking Hannah… you try it some time…

Alyssah: where’s the fun in that?

Pym: I could’ve had someone over.

Alyssah: you haven’t had a date in years.

The girl’s right… ever since Jan, my confidence has been… lacking. To hell with me if I’m going to let her know that!

Alyssah: so whats that? (she reaches out to grab the miniature chair) AWHHH I didn’t know you played with dolls!

I don’t say a thing…better not to encourage them.

Alyssah: so what’s the water for?

Pym: don’t touch it! It miniaturizes things. And I haven’t tried it on human mass yet… by theory it probably absorbs the mass of things, collectively of course, and redistributes it all… are you even paying attention?

Alyssah: No. not really. But I heard the shrinking part. Shrink me!

Pym: As much as I’d like to just shrink you out of existence and be gone with you, you have a lot to look forward to in life…. maybe in a couple of years.

Alyssah: Whatever!

She skips out of my room and out of sight… good thing too… I was really considering her proposal.

I get back to the “Pym Particles” and think to myself… the possibilities for the uses of this are endless. I thought for awhile… and another idea hit me… when the particles WEREN'T active, I didn’t apply them to anything… so what if I did?

I got some particles out of the original beaker and poured a little bit over the chair. It grew back!

I stumbled backwards… amazed, satisfied. This thing can really help out a lot of people!!! And not old guys in bed type help… world help!

Although the enlargement wouldn’t be such a bad idea would it???? Not that I need it…

I hadn’t noticed before… but Alyssah left the Television on… some program about how money is printe-

That’s it. Money. With these particles I can just take all the money I can! After all… it’d be to fund myself right? For the greater good of people. The particles would be too dangerous to give to H.A.M.M.E.R. not that they need it to have more weapons.

No… these would be for myself…

This first chapter was more of an introduction to the character. to be able to know his mannerisms of sorts and to explain his relationship with the girl, and explore part of his mind/thinking. hope you like it. BE BRUTALLY HONEST.

Henry "Hank" Pym, Janette Van Dyne, And Pym Particles, are property of Marvel Inc.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter! And congrats on your very own first fan-fic post. :D

I really like how you portrayed the Hank Pym character. Even though he does sound like the 616 version. I can't wait to see where this story shrinks more. (It's a joke. =P)

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CapFanboy

@nickthedevil: great writing!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

@The Impersonator: @CapFanboy: Thanks Guys :) :) i'll do you both proud with the next one!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

@nickthedevil: You're welcome! :)

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#6  Edited By StarKiller809

I really like this story. I really like that Hank and Janet aren't together in this. I also really like the way Hank speaks. It's believable and quite enjoyable to read. I really like it when the idea of funding himself pops into his head. A very interesting choice for Hank Pym. I like the way this is going and I can't wait to read more.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

@StarKiller809: thanks! :)

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OracleX

Nice work! I love your attention to detail. The description of the girl was cute. Sometimes I think the best story-telling happens during the more "quiet" scenes. Keep it up!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

@OracleX: thanks!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

Nice work!

If I had Pym Particles, money would be the first thing on my mind too.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

@InnerVenom123: Thanks :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points