Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Gambit, Chapter 1- Steal the Night

It was so cold at night. A woman dressed in white, sat on a bench, worrying that she had information about a powerful object that nearly controls the entire world. That information was risky for her first assignment. She learned through the contents of might happen if it were fallen to the wrong hands. She felt scared to the fact that someone might get her. Someone was watching her.

She got up, looking around the deserted park and found that no one was there, probably not yet. She left the park as soon as possible. Even though her assignment was risky, she figured it was a big mistake. She was a journalist, after all.

Two men, dressed in black robes entered the scene. She almost felt their presence. They looked like assassins as if they were part of the guild. In fact, there was such a name as that. They were called the Assassins Guild. But these men weren’t. They were immortals, who couldn’t die unless you cut off their heads. More likely, they were called the Immortals Guild. They have existed for centuries, recording every event of the world.

The journalist gasped and stopped for an instant. They were coming after her. She knew that this was going to happen. The information that was given to her, by an unknown assailant, had told her to keep it safe. It was said that the factions of the Guild wanted the object so bad, it could tear the world apart. But the Immortals Guild wanted something more.

One member of the Immortals Guild drew out his sword. The other raised his dagger. They came at her, while she ran. She then fell on the ground, along with her belongings. The information regarding the object was contained inside the purse. She couldn’t let these two men handle the terrible situation.

The Immortals didn’t know if the woman had an object with her or that she had learned the information in her head. Either way, she was about to be killed.

A sword came plunging inside her chest. She screamed as she cried for help. There weren’t any people around to witness the event. One member of the Immortals Guild asked her the whereabouts of the object or the information. She didn’t say anything. They figured she wouldn’t tell them.

The pain was there. She felt the ancient sword clambering through her body as she tried to breathe. She turned towards her purse. The information that was contained in her purse was a USB device.

The Immortals looked at her as though they knew what she was looking at. One of them, checked her purse, and noticed a USB device. He picked it up. The other Immortal drew his sword away from the journalist. They then left her for dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a crowded night in the streets of New Orleans. Remy LeBeau also known as Gambit took a break from stealing a precious jewel of a famous actress. She looked hot that he wanted to have his own ways with her. Unfortunately, there wasn’t time for that sort of thing. Derek, his partner in crime salvaged his goods from the bag and stared at the beautiful, shiny contents of the objects that he had stolen for himself. But those things weren’t the actress’ belongings. He stole them from the husband of the actress.

“Take a look at these,” Derek said. He looked handsome, five feet tall and his hair was blonde. He had been Remy’s partner for quite a while now. At first, it was hard for them to do heist business. Remy had been at it for a while. He was alone doing the robbery, until he found Derek. Together, they did all sorts of crazy things.

“You tell me,” Remy said. He sat down on a couch, shuffling his cards. Derek often wondered how Remy had been keeping his mutant nature a secret from the public. It seems that Remy was afraid that someone might notice his unique talents besides stealing the goods. He had the knack and no one could do better stealing than him. He was on the rise than any thief would say bad things about him.

Remy got up from the couch and looked out the window. The streets was still crowded, people had been roaming around, and going to certain shops to buy goods. There were tourists visiting New Orleans. It was a beautiful as much as Remy would say to a woman, whenever he meets.

There was a knock on the door. Derek got the door, opened it. It was a certain man, who was dressed in brown robes. Remy recognized him. He used to help him, steal an ancient artefact from the tombs of a long, dead emperor. The mysterious man came to the room. Derek closed the door.

“Well, well,” Remy smiled. “Look who got here. It’s been a while.”

The figure removed his robe off, revealing his tattooed head. He was bald, quite broad-looking. He had that serious look, willing to risk anyone’s life, including Remy’s.

“I’ve come to share you the bad news, my dear friend,” he said. His name may not matter, even though no one knew his name. He comes from the Thieves Guild, just like Remy. Although, Remy wasn’t part of the Guild anymore, he still helps out his unknown friend to perform impossible tasks.

“What is this about?” Derek said, folding his arms. The mysterious man looked at him, as though he knew him all along. The fact that Derek would work with Remy didn’t come to his mind when he and Derek met for the first time.

“Have you heard about the Immortals Guild?” The man asked, not even turning to Remy. It was as if though he intended to share his wild story to these handsome thieves.

“Oh, yeah,” Remy said. “Long time, I heard stories. I don’t believe in stuff like that.”

“Well, now you must believe,” the mysterious man said. “They have been living for centuries. Two weeks ago, a woman, a reporter, I should say had been killed by the Immortals. It seems that they were after something. But we the Thieves Guild don’t know what.”

The thought of a woman being killed almost made Remy’s stomach turned. Even though, he hadn’t met the woman, the news behind the man’s story was probably make-believe, just to scare people off. But it seems too good to be true.

“Where was this woman killed?” Derek asked curiously. He had a fair share of woman in his days. But only before he met Remy, he didn’t have time to interact with one.

“In the park, a few blocks away from here. No one had seen the woman been killed. A couple had noticed the dead body, and immediately contacted the police. So far, no knows who the killers were. But I have to assume that it was them.”

“How you tell?” Remy said. “You weren’t there the time she died.”

“True, but I have arrived at the scene of the crime. The stabbing wound. I can tell it came from one of them.

“You say one?” Remy said. “How many men?”

“Two,” the mysterious man answered. Remy had a hunch that this man knew everything. But that doesn’t make him a suspicious friend. After all, he had helped Remy on countless occasions. Derek on the other hand, didn’t know what to believe.

“We’ll go there,” Remy said. “If you say is true...”

“You know me, my dear friend,” the man said. The three men left for the park.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Gambit, Chapter 2- The Night That Died.

What’s this? A woman been killed by a group of immortals? What is this object that they were after? Can Remy help his unknown friend as always? Find out in the next chapter of Gambit.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very cool. Gambit is one of my favorite characters.

I check out the next chapter.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool. Gambit is one of my favorite characters.

I check out the next chapter.

Thanks.