Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 5- Wild Things

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series is a spin-off from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine and Marvel Genesis: Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 5- Wild Things

Year- 1974 A.D.

Location- Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

The cool, breezy air has swept towards me. I’ve arrived at the prison to pay the tough boxer, Jack Murdock a little visit. I feel sorry for him that he gotten himself into trouble. If only he had known that those f*cking hoodlums were going to attack him and his wife. Ever since he got caught by the police, I can tell by the looks of his anger that he wanted to ask more questions to me, why I had killed them and made it look like that Jack was the real killer. Besides, there were no knives at the crime scene, except that one of the hoodlums’ knives got stuck behind Maggie’s back. The police might have been baffled by it, and maybe they thought that Jack must have killed her too. He had no weapons with him. Oh, poor Jacky. Your son is out there, being taken care by Maggie’s lovely family and here, you find yourself, rotting in jail like no other. What a shame.

The prison was vast and big that so many prisoners were locked in there, so that nobody gets out. The guards were there, guarding their own posts, watching every move of each prisoner, whether they plan to escape or fight another prisoner. I wonder what it would be like to be a prisoner, being locked inside the cage among the other vicious animals. They were like predators, enjoying their wild side, and killing lots of innocent people.

A guard was standing outside the prison. He looked quite handsome. He had that black hair, almost curling to the top of his forehead. He had a gun on his belt. He was looking down towards me. I needed to see if I can enter and see my dear Jacky.

“Hello there,” I said to the handsome guard. “I came here to visit my dear old friend, Jacky.”

“You mean Jack Murdock?” The guard asked.

“Yes, I do mean him,” I answered.

“What’s your name?” The guard asked.

“Oh, it doesn’t really matter,” I said. “All I wanted is to see...”

“Your name, sir,” the guard said. “I’m asking you because I wanted to make sure that you booked an appointment.”

Well, isn’t this a surprise. A guard is expecting the outside visitors to have a f*cking appointment. I don’t even like the sound of it. I do know that I can pass by these guards, without knowing who or what I really am or what I’m going to do. I’ll give them the taste of my own medicine, especially this handsome fellow here.

“Your name, please,” the guard repeated.

“You have such beautiful eyes,” I said to the guard, giving out a smile. The guard twitched his eye a little. Yes, that’s it. You can listen to me. I know you are a respected man. If you want respect, I’ll give you one. But you have to listen to me, my dear.

“My eyes?” The guard said with wonder. “Umm. Sir, you need to leave...”

“Oh stop, will you?” I said, interrupting his speech. “You are quite handsome, you know. Women like you. Men like you. I’m sure they all do. But what you don’t understand is that people won’t like you if you don’t allow them to. You know what I mean, right?”

The guard was silent for the moment, staring at me like a statue, who couldn’t speak. Yet, he was sort of sweating. It happens all the time, when I try to control their emotions and turn them around into my own twisted ways. Oh yes, it is delightful to see how it works, painfully, magically, and excitedly.

“What do you say, officer?” I said. “Can I come in and see Jack Murdock?”

The guard smiled, opened the door for me. He told me to follow him. You see, folks. It actually works. All it took for me is time and patience. That’s what truly matters.

I followed the handsome guard, looking around at the other guards. They sort of stared at me. Maybe, it was my looks, the Mohawk, black hair and the black tattoos shown on my left arm. I’m pretty sure they hadn’t seen me before. I could control them, the way I wanted to. But, not this time. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll have to think ways to deal with them.

We went inside the building. There were a bunch of people, standing, and waiting on line, so that they could see their own family members, prisoners who kept rotting inside their jail cells. I tried to be patient, but I guess I’ll have to wait for a while. The handsome guard told me to wait. I listened to him and he went outside the building.

It’s been seven, quite long minutes later I came on the front. The male receptionist or if that’s you would want to call him, stared at me. He might think that I look like a punk, ready to rock and roll. But I wasn’t that kind of person. Sure, I do go to rock concerts, enjoying the bands, and singing, dancing, f*cking, and throwing some beer out like some drunkards, not knowing what we were actually doing. Anyway, I waited for the guard to speak out and give me entry to meet Jack.

“Name?” The guard asked.

“Daken,” I answered.

He was looking at some clipped board, the white paper attached to each other. He scrolled the names, which the people had an appointment to talk with their loved ones, a friend, a husband, a boyfriend, etc.

“Hmm,” the guard said. “I don’t see your name here, kiddo.”

What do you know? The guard who looked like a fat guy with an almost big moustache just call me a kiddo. I’m not a kid for that matter.

“My name is right there,” I said. “See?” I pointed to some random name, just to make the guard think that he saw my name.

“Oh, sorry,” the guard said. “I didn’t see that. I must be blind.”

“I understand,” I said with a smile. The guard motioned to the other guard to give me access to enter the other side of the building. I follow the guard across the hallway and noticed a wall, which some other visitors were talking to the prisoners. The prisoner had worn their orange suits. I wonder what kind of crimes they had committed. Who knows? If I ever wanted to know, I would have to speak with them, force them to spill things out.

There was an empty seat, which the guard told me to sit and wait. I sat on the chair, looking through the glass window. On the side of the window, a phone was attached, so that we could use to speak with the prisoner on the other side. I simply can’t wait to see my dear Jack’s face.

After waiting for three minutes, the two guards brought the prisoner, Jack Murdock handcuffed with his wrists. When he saw me, he almost jumped, trying to stay away from the guards. The guards looked at him with a strange look on their faces. They told him that I came here to speak with him. But Jack mentioned that I was the one who killed the hoodlums.

“You monster!” Jack cried out. “I’ll kill you. I’ll...” the guards hit him with a black baton. The other visitors and the prisoners looked at the scene, probably wondering what’s going on here. Well, this is an embarrassing moment. I’ve not expected this. But I knew he would act like that way. One of the guards who held Jack on the back, looked at me and said, “Sorry pal, I don’t think he wants talk to you.”

“Oh, that’s fine, officer,” I said. “There’s always another time. Am I right, Jack?”

“You’ll...You’ll pay for this, whoever you are.”

“My dear, Jacky,” I said. “Don’t you know who I am?”

“I don’t give a f*ck who you are,” Jack said. “You ruined my life. You...” The guard hit him on the gut, stopping him from saying anything more. The guard told Jack not to speak and come back to his jail cell. The guards took Jack away. The others, the visitors and the prisoners looked at me for a while. I got up from my chair and went away silently, without looking back. I guess it’s time for plan B.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 6- Fearless.

Well, that didn’t go well for Daken. What will he do next? You’ll find out in chapter 8. Next, Daken and the Daredevil are going to battle each other. Who will win? Find out in the next chapter of Daken. I’m going to win. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.