Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Blacklightning13

Marvel: Genesis

Captain America: The Choice Part 2

1940 February 11 Army camp just outside New York City

“So, you want to join the Army?” “You think you're up to it?”

A large brown haired man with a big mustache stared down on Steve Rogers with a curious look.

“Yes sir! I wish to join the Army to protect Freedom in the US and around the world.”

“Oh really?”

“You sure you're up to it?" he said this with a distrusting look as if someone of my stature must be just joking to join the army.

“Yes sir! I believe that when the time comes I will be able to serve with utmost courage.” He hoped that he was right that he wouldn't be a let down to his country when it needed him most.

“All right son, just come through here.” He directed Steve to a door on the left wall of his little recruiting office.

He walked through the door out into a large courtyard with a large obstacle course surrounding it.

“Front and center!” boomed what looked like the training commander.

Steve and the other recruits lined up in two rows in front of the trainer. Shoulder to shoulder, Steve really did stand out.

“All right runts, my job is to determine who of you are worthy to be shot at.”

“This obstacle course you see behind me,” it was huge with swinging ropes and flat huge walls that seemed impossible to scale, “is what I’m going to test you on.” Steve took a gulp in fear and nervousness.

“If it were up to me I would also shoot at you while you ran it. But lucky for you it isn't.”

He turned as if about to walk off then stopped suddenly as if forgetting something.

“Oh, nearly forgot. Go!”

The entire group just stood there confused

“What’s wrong retards? Don’t you understand English? Start running!” The last couple of words he spoke as if to idiots.

The entire group got it this time and they bolted for the course.

The first obstacle was a long row of tires that you were meant to run over.

Steve tripped on one of the first tires. All the recruits behind him were in so much of a rush that most of them trampled him as they ran along.

Things didn’t go much better for Steve. The further he went along the more obstacles he failed. For the first time since WW1, a man didn't complete the obstacle course.

At the end they all lined up in front of the sergeant. If they passed, they got a blue slip. If they failed, they got a yellow.

Steve was last in line and the sergeant handed him his yellow slip.

“Hey kid listen. You showed heart out there today and your interviewer was really impressed. You're not going to make it in this mans' Army, but you might still have a few... other options. Do you still want to serve your country?”

End of Part 2

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, THIS IS JUST AN IDEA OF MY PROPERTY THAT IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE TO MARVEL INC.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
@Blacklightning13: Great chapter! Although, this chapter sounds like an upcoming Cap movie. It's still great. Sign me up for the next chapter.
Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blacklightning13

Really? I haven't actually seen any trailers or even read the plot outline.

spaceboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spaceboy
@Blacklightning13
“If it were up to me I would also shoot at you while you ran it. But lucky for you it isn't.” 
Best line.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator
@Blacklightning13: Yeah, you should see the trailer. It looks pretty good and promising. Can't wait to see Cap in action.
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blacklightning13
@spaceboy: Thanks i was actually quite proud of that when I first wrote it.
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By moviegeek17

Good follow up chapter! just out of curiosity was that recruit officer colonel philips? i couldn't help but think of tommmy lee jones as i read his lines lol

Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blacklightning13
@moviegeek17
What? i don't know.