Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Cable, Chapter 3- Deception

Year- 2000 A.D.

Location- Sinister’s Base of Operations, New York

Sinister has concluded that Scott Summers and Jean Grey will someday bore a powerful, mutant child in the future. He had no idea, when that will happen. However, he had the necessary tools to extract the DNA of the Summers family, so that he could use this child to destroy humanity.

Once human, Sinister had no doubt removed his humanity at a certain level. He had performed experiments on himself, dubbed the “Sinister Effect,” which can turn ordinary people into superhuman beings. He tried the formula, and as a result became the cold-hearted Sinister.

Raven Darkholme also known as Mystique arrived from the other room, where she slept with Scalphunter. She worked with Sinister throughout the months of collecting various samples from humans and mutants. She hated the fact that Wolverine attempted to kill her in the past, and who knows when she will get to kill him for revenge.

The mad scientist looked over the files of certain mutants, who have developed their powers at the late age. He wondered why it did happen. Mutants were supposed to have their powers at the age of puberty. But then again, he could solve the mystery later. Right now, he was only interested in the Summers family. He had collected samples earlier, figuring out the next step of the mutant evolution.

The red-haired mutant stood beside the mad scientist. She wondered if he could stop the X-Men. The X-Men were a group of heroes, who have learned to use their powers for good, and for the better future. She hated the idea that Professor Xavier, the great mutant who believe that one day, humans and mutants will co-exist.

She laughed at the idea. There was no way that it could happen. Although, she learned that her son, Nightcrawler joined the X-Men, she cared more about him than her normal son, Graydon Creed.

Sinister got up from his seat, and looked at the mutant shape-shifter. He smiled, waiting for her to come, so that she could pursue her secret mission.

“It’s about time,” Sinister said. “I want you to look at this.” He activated the computer screen, which showed a large building. It turned out to be none other than D.A.G.G.E.R.

“No way!” Raven became shocked. She had no idea of how the mad scientist did it. It seems he had other resources that he couldn’t share with his Marauders.

“Yes,” Sinister said. “I know what you’re thinking. But I can assure you; this is the place where you’re going to go.”

“Are you crazy?” Mystique said. She knew that she will be caught by the agents, including the Nick Fury.

“I might be crazy, but I’m not stupid,” the mad scientist said. “I’ve discovered that they have a secret chamber, which households an ancient being. I have learned these notes from Romulus himself. He said that these notes were written by a dead, precognitive mutant named Destiny. I just want you to...”

“Wait...” Mystique stopped him. “You want me to get inside there, and kidnap someone that I don’t know?”

“Yes,” Sinister said with a smile. He looked back at the screen, identifying the true location of the chamber. The chamber revealed some strange, Egyptian hieroglyphs.

“You’re crazy,” the shape-shifter said. “Don’t you think they have some kind of DNA technology that could reveal my true identity?”

“Exactly!” Sinister said with an excitement. “This is why I have this...” He took out a syringe that contained some green liquid.

“Umm...What’s that?” Mystique hoped that she wouldn’t get involved in one of the mad scientist’s experiments.

“This liquid contains the DNA of a dead mutant. I had to use it in case, if something like this would happen. In fact, most shape-shifters could enter the building with tight security. But most organizations like D.A.G.G.E.R. for instance, one has to go beyond security measures to steal my prize.”

“Your prize?” Mystique said, shaking her head a little.

“Why my dear, Raven? You don’t seem to understand the whole point of this mission. I know you don’t like it, but you will have no other choice.”

“Yeah...Like I would listen to a madman like you...”

With that kind of statement, Sinister controlled Mystique’s thoughts. She tried to maintain control of her body, but she couldn’t. She fell down on the floor. There was sweat dripping on her face. Sinister comes closer to her, holding her chin.

“My dear Raven,” Sinister said. “You might be smart, but you’re stupid enough to think that you won’t listen to me. I hired you for a reason. If you don’t listen to me, your son will die at my hand.”

Raven wondered which son, Sinister preferred to. Either way, she couldn’t allow the mad scientist to capture Nightcrawler for his dirty experiments. Besides, she cared less about Graydon, since he wasn’t a mutant.

“Good,” Sinister read her thoughts, telling him that she will perform the mission. He ended the telepathic link with her. Raven was glad about it. She had to be careful of what she was doing here. One more mistake, and then everything will probably be over for Nightcrawler.

“Now then...” Sinister looked at the computer screen again. “I have a secret jet awaiting your arrival. There you’ll have everything you need, identification, driver’s license, high school photos, graduation ceremonies, work experiences, training exercises and so on...Ah yes, I forgot. I have sent your job application to the organization. These days, they are willing to accept strong individuals at their very best. So...do take your time. Good luck in your interview.”

Raven had no idea of what she was getting into, let alone this madman is controlling her life. She got up from the floor, and left the mad scientist alone in his laboratory.

Year- 2000 A.D.

Location- X-Mansion. Salem Center, New York

Sinister hoped that Mystique will succeed her mission. So far, he hadn’t heard anything from her. If she had attempted to escape, he would have known about it. He led the thought aside and focused on Scott Summers also known as Cyclops.

Scott shot the optic blasts away from his eyes. The hit almost took the mad scientist apart. It was a missed shot. Sinister ran away from him, trying to control the mutant leader’s actions. But he needed time to perform such a feat.

At an early age, Scott wasn’t able to control his dangerous power. Until, Professor Xavier offered help, just like he could help others like him. Cyclops was the first X-Man to be recruited. Then he met the other four mutants, Beast, Angel, Iceman, and the love of his life, Jean Grey. Over the years, Scott became a true leader of the group as much as the professor himself.

Scott shot the blasts again, and this time, they hit the mad scientist. Sinister felt the pain, but he liked the idea to fight Scott. He had ways to defeat him at a time like this.

Sinister shot the concussive blast at Scott. Scott moved away immediately from the blast. Then, he took cover behind the couch. If Scott needed help, he would have contacted his friends to come here and stop the madman. Unfortunately, Scott decided it wasn’t the best approach. The Marauders were dangerous mutants, who had no regard for human or mutant life. They just live to kill for pleasure. For that reason, Cable has to stop them.

“You’re getting on my nerves, Scotty boy,” Sinister said with a little frustration. “I have always wanted you to be at my side. Yet, your teacher has defeated the likes of me. However, that time is over. I will come for your son, and then take him to become my wonderful experiment.”

“In your dreams, Sinister!” Scott said angrily, when he heard those words of the mad villain. He got up from the couch, firing an optic blast at him. Sinister flew back at the wall. The intense pain hit him like a wild wave. Scott took another blast, and kept firing it. He thought it could tear Sinister into pieces.

“AHHHHH!” Sinister cried out in pain. He tried to see Scott, who kept firing the optic blast at him. Sinister managed to raise his right hand, and generate a concussive blast, hoping it could hit him. The blast stopped the leader of the X-Men.

Sinister fell down on the floor, seeing his injured body. Without a doubt, he can heal faster much like Wolverine and other feral mutants. But the optic blast took a heavy hit on him. So, Sinister had to find a place, where he could find time to regenerate.

He came closer to the unconscious Scott Summers. He smiled, finally taking the chance to capture the leader of the X-Men. But he had other ideas. He took out a syringe, and stabbed it on his arm.

“I’ve got you this time,” Sinister said with a successful smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hank and Cable reached the hangar bay, trying to find out if the others were fine. Cable didn’t want them to die by the hands of the Marauders. After all, they were the best at their dirty work.

The three Marauders have entered the picture, Arclight, Harpoon, and Blockbuster. They knew that Hank and Cable were coming for them, attempting to find the rest of the X-Men.

Cable told Beast to stand back and let him take care of the situation. Arclight clapped her hands, creating a seismic wave. The wave almost tipped the Blackbird away from the hangar. Hank jumped off to the other side, preventing the hit.

Blockbuster, a strong mutant jumped up, and stumbled down on the ground, also creating a similar seismic wave. Cable threw smoke bombs to cover their faces. Then, he created a holographic version of himself. Harpoon threw his bio-electrically charged harpoon at the hologram. He was stunned by it. Cable took a body-slide, firing all rounds at the three Marauders.

Arclight couldn’t believe she and two of her friends were getting hit by one single man. The rest of the group had to find the baby, which is why they have to stop this mysterious soldier. If only they had backup, they could defeat him easily.

Hank felt useless, not helping Cable in the current situation. Though, he knew that the old soldier was stronger than him. He had the appearance of a military man, and the tactics that he possessed. The former biochemistry teacher and coach felt something familiar about him.

The three Marauders charged at the old man. Cable continued body-sliding, and then hitting them with the use of his techno-organic arm. He punched them straight in the face, and then kicked them behind. He took the body-slide again, and this time, he took Harpoon’s weapon from the ground. He threw the weapon at Harpoon’s chest.

Arclight and Blockbuster were shocked to see that the Harpoon was killed. They charged again. Arclight created another seismic wave. Blockbuster tried to hit Cable with his strong hands, but Cable took another body slide, and fired him several times. Arclight stopped suddenly. Cable teleports behind the female Marauder, and stabbed her with an energy knife.

The intense battle was over. Hank and Cable came closer to the bodies.

“Are they...” Hank said, wondering if they were dead. Besides, the X-Men weren’t the kind of people, who would kill other mutants, even if they were that bad.

“Yes,” Cable said. “I know you don’t like it. But I’m a soldier. I came here to save Christopher Summers. That’s all it matters. Let’s go.” Cable ran off, continuing the search. Hank looked at the bodies. He heaved a sigh, and then followed the old man.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Cable, Chapter 4- Fallen.

That was an intense battle. Now that Arclight, Blockbuster, and Harpoon are out of the picture, it’s time for Beast and Cable to stop the rest of the Marauders from capturing the baby. Find out in the next chapter of Cable.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.