Marvel Genesis: Ares (one shot)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

My name is Ares, son of Zeus. Brother of the "mighty" Hercules.....I have watched his actions from afar for months.....the glory he receives  is astounding compared to my own. Forgotten among the other Gods. That is why I have come back to Earth. To be a hero.....better than Hercules. BETTER THAN ALL!

I arrive shortly in a park. Three criminals spot me and laugh. They think I am a fool.  
"Man, you bats*** crazy?" One of them says.  
"The language of mortals has surely degenerated through the millennia.”  
"What the **** you talking 'bout man?! Just give us your money"  
"I have no material wealth with me."   
They pull guns on me. "You crazy!"  

I assess the situation. There are three of them. The one furthest from me will fire first, thinking himself safe.  

I block the bullets with my shield, and unsheathe my sword. I use my shield as protection until I can get a good angle at the man in the back. I then hurl my shield at him, it slams into him, he bleeds. I have forgotten how good this feels.  

Another runs up to me and takes a swing. I duck underneath and grab his arm, giving it a good tug, I tear it almost completely off! He starts breathing heavily, and I slam my boot into his face, knocking some teeth out.  

The last two run, talking to themselves.  
"f****, man! This guy means business. I gotta--"  
His monologue is interrupted by an axe to the back. He falls to the ground. The other starts crying and screaming as he runs away.  
I notice the gun on the ground and pick it up, my aim has never faltered, as the bullet hits the man through the back of the skull. Killing him.  
I shoot the one I hit with my shield. The last I leave to bleed to death.  

After hours of roaming, I hear thunder, and lightning strikes the ground in front of me.  
"Oh, no! It's him!"  
I  hear a voice from afar.  
"AREEEEEEEEES!" 
The sky opens up. Lightning and thunder strikes, as it rains.  
"ZEUS, FATHER? WHAT IS IT YOU WANT FROM ME?"  
"YOU HAVE NO BUISNESS MEDDLING IN AFFAIRS THAT ARE NOT YOURS! YOU WILL RETURN TO OLYMPUS AT ONCE!"  
"FATHER, I AM ONLY PROVING MY WORTH OVER MY HALF BROTHER HERCULES!"  
"HERCULES IS ALLOWED ON EARTH BECAUSE I BANISHED HIM! UNLESS THE MATTER CONCERNS YOU, I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!"  
"IT DOES CONCERN ME, FATHER! I NEED TO PROVE I AM BETTER THAN HERCULES.  
"ENOUGH!"  his voice booms. "I WILL NOT HAVE YOU INTERFERING WITH THE LIVES OF MORTALS DUE TO PETTY RIVALRIES!"
I am suddenly struck by a thunderbolt, and sent hurtling into the sky, back to Olympus. One chance to prove my worth. I have never tried it before, but it is sure to work.  

I collect my emotions and important memories and gather them together in my mind. I use my limited telepathy taught to me by Athena to send a bolt of my consciousness into a mortal, along with my equiptment he'll need. taking control of them....though Athena has warned me....most men cannot sustain the consciousness of a God. I have no choice. I fire my consciousness out just in time.   

I watch from afar, as my collective consciousness merges with that of a man named Michael Braddock. Suddenly, we share thoughts.  

My name is Ares, son of Zeus. Brother of the puny Hercules.....I have watched his actions on Earth from afar for too long .....the glory he receives is astounding compared to my own. Forgotten among the other Gods. That is why I have come back to Earth. To be a hero.....better than Hercules. BETTER THAN ALL! I WILL KILL HERCULES BEFORE I LET HIM CLAIM ANOTHER OUNCE OF GLORY!  

I awaken in a hospital, my thoughts merged with Michael. A nurse runs in just as I'm getting up.  

"Sir, I'd advise you to stay in your bed! You've received blunt force trauma to the head--"  
"W-what?" I say, drowsily. 
"It was weird. When the paramedics arrived at your home, they classified a wound shown in the X-rays as blunt force trauma, due to some delayed reactions to something, but there was no sign of you being attacked, and for some reason, you were wearing armor....."  
The tone in her voice tells me she thinks I'm not completely sane. I throw my arm back.  
"Get away--"  
I turn around to see I've knocked the nurse out. My strength has increased from human level, but I do not seem to have the full power of a God.  

I notice a car skidding across the road from out my window. I bolt out the doors and quickly locate and don my armor, as well as my weapons.  

I wait on a rooftop as the car screeches past. I grab an axe and throw it.  

"We're in the clear, man!"  
"Nothin' can stops us!"  
"We lost the cop--ghhhhk!" The driver is caught mid-sentence with an axe through the brain. I jump from the rooftop and land on top of the car. The dent from the top hits a man squarely and the head, cracking his skull.  

The three other men get out of the car. I quickly grab my battle-axe off my back and swing it, knocking the man's head completely off.  

The two others rush me, I duck underneath one of their punches and he punches his friend. I grab the man behind me while kicking the other man, cracking his ribs.  

With a twist of my hands, I snap the man's neck. I then throw my shield at the other man, which slits his throat.  

The police arrive as I make my exit. Seeing what I've done they decide not to pursue, in fear of me. I overheard them saying they wanted a metahuman. Cowards.  

Then again.....I could make a name for myself, killing these people, and then finally, Hercules will see me. He must notice it. He must. Then...... 

.......he shall die 

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MrUnknown

Nice! You're going to make Ares into a villain?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrUnknown
This was done for nomadicxnightmare. I'm not sure what he has for him as far as plans go, but he wants to make him some kind of "anti hero with a grudge against Hercules" kind of thing.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Impersonator
Thanks, man!  
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator
@primepower53: No problem!  :)
White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By White Assassin

this is amazing!

Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

If I didn't say it before, good job kiddo! Thanks for taking care of his introduction. When he makes his HfH appearance I'll be sure to let you know.