Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 4

A field near the Illinois/Wisconsin border

A small horde of zombies shambles toward a dozen bored looking men standing behind a line of Gatling guns. They open fire leveling the horde then turn to two large dull looking men and one shouts, "Bill, Tom, head check."

Bill lifts a large hammer as Tom grabs an equally large ax and they march into the mass of rotting flesh. Teeth clamp on Tom's ankle but shatter against granite like skin. He then slammed down the ax head crushing the undead skull.

A car pulls up and Jared, along with Jessie and Aaron step out. Jared's eyes go wide as he sees the writhing dead. Aaron gives a shrug, "Looks like we're late."

Jared stammers a bit, "Are those zombies?"

Aaron nods, "Yup, they pop up a few times a year."

"Should we be worried about that?"

"Nah, its usually taken care of by local wild life before they even make it to people. We just like to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand."

Jared gives a nod, "Yea, a zombie apocalypse would probably suck."

Aaron chuckles, "We're more worried about the trolls they draw."

Jarred then noticed the two men smashing skulls, "Are they worried about getting bit?"

Aaron shakes his head, "Bill and Tom are indestructible, it'd take a nuke to knock the wind out of them. A zombie bite doesn't even tickle."

"What are they?"

Aaron shrugged, "No one knows, Ezra found them fist fighting trolls a few centuries ago. Said they were arguing over whether or not the moon was made of cheese. They aren't terribly bright."

"So why am I here?"

"Because you need to meet the troupes."

Jared looked to the men, "Are they human?"

"At least three of them used to be. They're wolves, like me. The Grigorri have been using us as foot soldiers since the crusades ended. These men were all trained by Grimmr the Dane to fight walking nightmares and now they work for you."

One of the men walked passed Aaron, intentionally avoiding eye contact and introduced himself to Jared, "Name's Hank, I'm the leader of this pack."

Jared noticed an air of tension between Aaron and the others but tried to ignore it as he shook Hank's hand.

Grigorri main house

Ezra sits across a table from a scruffy looking man, "So, I'm gonna need a name to put on the checks."

The man shrugged, "You can call me John Smith for all I care. Why am I here?"

Ezra grins, "I want you to be part of a team I'm building to help the new hunter."

Mr. Smith looks at the files of the other two Ezra had recruited, "You have a half demon, the hunter and a damned Nephilim, what could I possibly have to add."

Ezra rolled his eyes, "I'm more interested in your ability than you, to be honest. Though you already know that. The True Sight is a very rare gift. I like having a man who can't be lied to on my side."

Smith chuckled, "Its a pain in the ass a lot of the time but you always know where you stand."

The Home of Jared and Bob Maxwell

Bob sits watching sports when suddenly the door explodes inward sending wood splinters flying around as Bob ducked. The demon lord Asmodeous enters but stops at the entrance to the living room, "The wards are impressive. Have you passed the craft on to the boy?"

Bob stood and finished his beer," Always drama with your kind."

Asmodeous sits on the stairs as Bob turns a chair to face him, "When I discovered that the new hunter was the last son of the Maxwell clan I simply had to see him myself."

Bob grinned, "He doesn't know a damn thing as far as I know. I promised his mother I'd keep him away from all this s**t."

The demon lord laughed as he stood, "I was planning to kill you tonight, send your skin to your son as a message. Wasn't expecting the angel's seal, I didn't even know humans still knew how to make them. So I guess I'll just have to wait."

The demon left in a puff of brimstone as Bob finally allowed his fear to show.

The Grigorri main house

As Jared entered Smith was walking past. He stopped in his tracks and stared hard for a moment, "Damn sorcerers love holding back."

Jared looked to him, "What?"

"Just talking to myself kid."

He then looked to Jessie, "Do I have something on my face?"

She shrugged. Jared gave a sigh. As they walked down the hall Jared asked, "Any idea why the guys today wouldn't even look at Aaron? I asked him but he didn't seem to want to talk about it."

"I was told we don't discuss it."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13