MacCurlverse: Shadows & Stings 1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

(My friend Andrew "created" some superheroes for my birthday via a random name generator thing. They were actually kinda cool and have decided to write about them and see where they go.)

Johannesburg, South Africa.

The hero known as Earth Shadow looked down upon the city of his birth. From this height his geo-powers didn’t work but it was from up here he got perspective. It was hard to believe that merely a year ago he was simply Pieter Jones; amateur rock climber and accountant. Now he protected a city with nearly seven million people.

Screams brought him back from his absent staring at the city. Below three men were surrounding another man and woman. Earth Shadow stepped back into the welcoming dark of the shadow, merged with it and appeared like a wraith behind the group. “Hoesit?”

The group jumped at the gravelly voice. The three would-be attackers turned as the couple fled into the night.

“Jo fokken mal kont!” growled the largest one as he pulled a machete out and waved it menacingly. The other two drew similar wicked blades.

Earth Shadow smiled. “This is your one and only chance gentlemen,” he said calmly “To put down your weapons and run home. If you don’t…”

The large one spat on the ground and moved forward. “No soppiekoppie slapgat is gonna tell me what to do!”

Earth Shadow watched as the machete blade zoned in on his face. He engaged his geo-powers and soon his skin had the texture and durability of marble. The blade cracked off his cheek causing a slight spark. The attacker looked at his broken blade in disbelief.

“Remember, I did warn you skapies,” said Earth Shadow as he enveloped them in darkness. Their screams echoed through the night.

Zentropolis City, USA

“$#!T! It’s Captain Hornet!” screamed the lookout in the balaclava as the black and orange clad hero leapt over the chain-link fence.

"Commander Hornet,” he corrected sternly as he smashed him in the back with his sting punch. The man’s legs went to jelly as the bio-electric venom blast coursed through his system. “Now where are the rest of your maggot friends?”

Gunfire was the answer, blaring from the doorway of the garage. Commander Hornet grabbed the paralysed thug and dodged nimbly away behind some cover, contemplating his next move.

“You, you saved me?” gasped the man.

“I did,” Commander Hornet grabbed him roughly and brought the terrified man up, nose to nose. “Don’t make me change my mind and use you as shield.”

The Commander paused as he heard the magazines eject. “Six seconds, three if they’re good. Don’t move!” Commander stared into the man’s eyes before charging from his defensive position yelling like a madman as he flicked out his pair of batons.

On the rooftop watching the very one-sided fight was The Commander’s nemesis; The Man From Elsewhere. He stroked his wispy chin beard as he recorded the battle on his phone.

“Soon I will work out who you really are Hornet,” he mused “And then I will kill everyone and everything you hold dear!”

To be continued...

^ All South African terms are taken from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_slang_words so hopefully they are correct.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Hmm South African Heroes. Very intresting good concepts. Tried making South African heoes once but they ended up as villains instead

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Very cool. Man From Elsewhere is my favorite of the names.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: Yeah the Man From Elsewhere will need a fleshing out but he seems like an international man of nastiness

@impurestcheese: Yeah it's a bit hard but working so far. Also works as I read the dialog in that ridiculous accent of theirs to see if it "sounds" correct

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Know how you feel. Also check out some of the New Marvel Mayhem stuff when you have time

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers