Krypto chapter 10 Working Girl

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Krypto Chapter 10 Working Girl

Laura had not been home for more then a month and she felt the tide of things to come as they called her name in her dreams. She lashed out at the dark and awoke to a loud scream of pain.

Jonn had been beside her sleeping she had forgot he was with her. She dreamed of the women and she called to her in a field of roses and she whispered her name. “Laura”

The image stayed in her mind long after she knocked Jonn clean out the bed and through the wall.

She hugged him and kissed his forehead over and over and kept saying how sorry she was.

“I seen your dream” Said Jonn “The long haired brunette that was on mars was telling you many things about another women and she said to meet her on Earth when you were ready for what your not willing to except” “All I remember was her calling my name” Said Laura. “It is because your not willing to see anything else” Jonn hugged her and shared the whole dream but still she simply did not want to see it and blocked the whole dream but the whisper yet again.

“The league is working on a way to get the people to see what must be done, you must not worry on it for you have been drained to far as it is” Laura knew he spoke the truth she was drained of spirit and that was her power her ability was all based on her spirit unlike Clark and Kara she got most of her powers from her will to go forward. She did get some from her soaking up sunlight as the others but it was such a small amount that she hardly relied on it at all.

The next day he left a note on the dresser and she read it all day. Will be gone this week working with the league. Be good while I am away.

She still lived in the apartment in the city and she wrote for a small company that liked her poems. Little did she know it was Jonn that owned the company and purchased every one she brought in.

It was enough to pay the rent and make her feel good about herself. She made her way to the company her latest peace was longer then most and she thought it would get her the dress she wanted and pay the bills as well. She was not paying attention when she ran into a brunette her height and they both knocked each other over. “I am so sorry” said the girl “I simply was not paying attention to my path”

Laura smiled and helped her with her bags that had flown all over the place.

They both had on skirts and high heals and a matching blouse each was her favorite color of green.

“I love the color green your wearing” Said Laura as she told the girl her name.

She just looked at her a moment before taking her bags. “My name is Alexei , I am new here and get lost easy , I just want to find work and a place to stay”

Laura could not help herself she simply felt the burden of all the people she had failed and she hugged Alexei and she said she could stay with her till she found work and a place. “I can pay my share and then some” She said to Laura. She had went on to say she had saved since she was a child to move out of the house and go to school and she wanted to be a novelist a person to change the universe.

Laura took her with her to turn in her poems and short story. The World Of Change was the short story and the poem was called Burning Desire a poem inspired by a dream she had.

Alexei read it and blushed bright red. “Wow this is good stuff” She read the poem out loud to get a better feel for it. Laura liked to hear her own words out loud it seemed to make her feel much better her walk became bolder and her features became stronger and more relaxed.

Jonn left word to give her a bonus he had oil rights to a few wells and went out and got some jewels from asteroids to pay the bills. Who would it hurt to take care of those you love he thought.

She walked and they went to the bank and put the money in the bank.

“Lunch is on me” Said Laura with a little bit more pep to her step.

Laura let her house guest have MJ”S old room since she had married Peter a few years back.

Then they spent the day at the beach and relaxed.

“I really needed this” She told Alexei.

A strung out addict approached them and pulled a gun. “Give me all your money or” He said the words shaking his hands hardly able to hold onto the weapon and sweat pouring from his body. He ached to have the drugs he so craved.

Alexei reacted before Laura could and pulled out a small dart and tossed it at the crazed person. He fell to the ground twitching and then he stopped twitching and his breathing returned to normal. They called a cab and had him taken to a half way house and took away all the things that made him want to do drugs. Laura seemed to notice that he did not have any sign of the person he was when he walked up. If she had known better she would have sworn he had no drugs in his system at all after the dart.

The word was changing before her eyes and she found herself in a panic attack, everything spinning out of control Alexei she cried out and reached for her friend and then she fell and cracked the side walk.

I truly have my work cut out for me thought Alexei as she took her back to the apartment and placed her on her bed. She petted the cat while she watched a movie and Laura slept the night away.