User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

No Caption Provided

Mega City One.

November 9

12:35 A.M.

Sector 13, Michigan Block

Better Buy Electronics.

"This city will chew you up and spit you out. Don't try looking for sympathy from the Judges either, because they don't give a droxx about you. It's all a pay check to these people; some of them will not hesitate to give you thirty years in the cubes with a smile on their face. And that droxx head Joe Dredd is the worst"

"Have you ever seen him?" The young blonde man asked his much larger, and seasoned companion. "Like, up close?"

"Hell no, Wilks. And if you're lucky you won't run into him either," Said Joe 'Wild Boy' Leesburg. He had lived in Mega City One all of his life. Growing up in sector nineteen in the Rosebury housing project in Beiber block, Wild Boy had become a legend for being the only lawbreaker within the cities walls to have never been brought to justice. "Trust me. I wouldn't recommend it."

Both men were out on the streets on one of the coldest nights in history for one purpose. They wanted to loot Better Buy, the largest electronic store in Mega City One. Wild Boy had immediately recruited the handsome Wilks after the younger man's arrival from London.

He was banking on the younger fellow needing money, and of course he had been correct. What Wild Boy couldn't believe, was that some people still had this grand idea of America. Still held stock to a greatness that had long since vanished.

There was no greatness because there was no America.

Not anymore at least.....

"We are going to make a killing with this haul. Grab a couple Z-Phones, maybe a Halo Note II, and..." Wild Boy stopped mid sentence to find Wilks pressed against a wall that faced the street. He had seen something. Crouching quickly, Wild Boy stealthy made his way to his partners position, and looped his neck around the walls corner to the street to get a glimpse for himself.

And what he saw turned his blood into ice.

There were nearly half a dozen Mutants standing in front of the store. Of course Wild Boy and Wilks had agreed that infiltrating the store from behind was the best course of action. Wild Boy was armed, but the problem was that he hadn't counted on this kind of trouble. The basic Night Watchmen, sure, but Mutants?!

Those freaks had powers! Some that could hurt you very badly.

"What do you think they want?" Asked Wilks. His left arm was reaching below his belt line. Giving Wild Boy the nod, that the kid wasn't a fool.

"Who knows? They could have seen us and now want to give us a beating for pulling a job on their turf. However I doubt that, because if they had we would already be fighting. Worst case scenario is that they had the same idea we had and decided to go looting."

"Whats the best case scenario?"

"There isn't one. Welcome to Mega City One Kid," Wild Boy smiled grimly. Removing a black and chrome .9mm Baretta from his own waist band. "Welcome to what's left of America."

************************************************************************************************************************

No Caption Provided

"This is Control calling all available Judges to the Better Buy of Michigan Block of Sector Thirteen. Multiple reports of heavy gunfire. Over."

"Control this is Judge Dredd. I'm en route."

"Copy that, Joe. Our computers our placing your arrival at twenty minutes at your current speed."

"I'll be there in ten. Dredd out."

VROOM!!!

****************************************************************************************************************

To be continued. Keyboard is down and using the onscreen is tiring.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@guardiandevil83: Nice work. Your Dredd story has caught my attention, since I'm a huge fan of the Karl Urban reboot. I like to see where this goes.

If your keyboard is broken, why not buy another one?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@the_impersonator: Bills man. Plus I'm in trouble with my girl and haven't really been focused on fixing my laptop. You know I kind of based this Dredd off of Stallone.

My idea is for the story to be more High Fantasy, and less gritty Dystopian Fantasy. Just a bit more comical in places is the idea. Add a bit more light within the darkness.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Bump

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers