Jackpot!-Sparda's bio

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

This is the thread where I will be posting updates to Sparda's bio regularly. There are 3-4 story arcs left consisting of 3-5 chapters each.

Oh, yeah, and a note to people who like to write and put it into their bios.....

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ALL SAVED!

(Luckily for me, I found out I still had it copied on my right click :))

You'll silently thank me :)

Anyways, here is the next story arc of Sparda's bio, which is a few chapters long and makes the rest of my bio look......not so good (usually, there is a VERY long amount of time I leave before updating story arcs, so throughout the bio you can see my writing skills getting gradually better).

One Must Fall

The night was late-the only illumination was generated from the streetlights and the passing cars. Despite how late it was, the streets were crowded-then again, New York was always crowded.

"So, then, after the Loch Ness monster popped up, what happened? Ogopogo decide to drop by for a visit?", Alexandra laughed.

Sparda laughed back. He had to admit, retelling the story to her did make it all sound ridiculous.

"Well, then, it was like one of those weird Scooby-Doo episodes, where.....", he suddenly stopped and turned to her on the sidewalk. "No, you wouldn't believe me", he laughed.

She playfully shoved him in the stomach, and the two kept on walking.

Alex had picked him up from the airport earlier that day. It was only him first day back from Scotland, and so the two were walking around town, to tell eachother of what had occurred in their time apart. But Alex was different tonight-she seemed nervous, off-edge. Sparda sensed that she had something to tell him.

He stopped and looked her in the eyes.

"Alex.....what is it? You wanted to tell me something, I know it. I can sort of get a feeling when you have something to say", he told her. She looked reluctant, but then spoke back.

"Well.....okay.....how do I start this?", she thought aloud. Then, as if the idea just hit her, she continued.

"Okay. Sparda, I feel that-well, I know that our lives are short. That's the way that humans are. But in that short time, we have to leave something behind, something that will.....remember us. Something that will carry our memory on, carry us on. Do you understand?", she asked him.

He thought for a moment. Then, gently, he asked her.

"What.....what do you mean?"

She took a deep breath, and then looked him straight in the eyes.

"We have someone who will carry us on"

He realized what she was saying.

"Y-you don't mean...."

She nodded.

"I already spoke with the doctor about it. It happened two months ago. We're going to have a son"

Meanwhile, in a place much different than the night streets of New York.....

His steps clicked as he walked towards the sacred place. The heat he hardly even noticed, but now, in this one area of his realm, he always took notice of it-it was the deepest.

Maxim, the underworld lord, pushed through the large double doors from out of the plains of the fiery underworld and into the sacred chamber. A form was already there, standing in front of a well-but from this well, light spewed outwards. The figure turned around, and faced Maxim.

"Lich", Maxim said to it.

The character was gastly-it's face was that of skin pressed thin around a skull, the visage showing all the way through. It was dressed in the armor of ancient Roman generals, and in it's right hand it held a staff, forged from the spinal bones of a hundred demons. It bowed towards Maxim, slightly.

"My lord", it saluted him.

Maxim hardly took any notice to the salute, instead gesturing towards the well.

"How goes the preparations?", the demon inquired.

The Lich appeared hesitant. He backed up half a step, before moving forwards again and speaking.

"My lord, with all of due respect.....I fear for not the safety of Earth, but rather-if you yourself could destroy him after he is finished his task?"

Maxim suddenly glared at him, and spoke with a voice shaking with anger.

"Do not doubt my power, wizard. Merely do what I command. I will destroy the First after he is finished what he was sent to do. Make no mistake"

The Lich looked down towards the stone floor. Then, back up. He motioned towards the well, and then brought his hand upwards in a gesture, as if beckoning something to rise.

With a large grating noise, the ground shifted beneath them, and shook. The light from the well grew increasingly more bright-and a form rose, silhouetted. A statue.

Carved in the resemblance of a creature totally inhuman. It was large-near ten feet tall, and it's main body was large and powerful. Spread upwards on it's shoulders were two wings-one much like a dragons, leathery, and the other-a angel wing, but the feathers were halfways burned and singed. It's face was large, with a mouth with sharp teeth-it's eyes were slits. On the base to which the statue stood were two words, carved into it.

Terror Omnibus

Attached to each of it's limbs were multiple chains, connected now to the floor. Huge and broad and constructed from a unearthly metal, they were stretched tight in all directions.

Maxim looked to the Lich and nodded. The undead sorcerer turned, and faced the statue. From the end of it's staff, a smoke began to gather. He waved it in a circle, and then held it up to the air.

Grasping it with both hand, he slammed it down.

A shockwave of air burst outwards in all directions, and the smoke that gathered at the end of the staff shot into the air, gathered, and then split into multiple streams, and struck the statue.

The brilliant light that had been emanating from the figure was dimming-quickly. Soon, the smoke covered the entire statue, and it was dark.

Maxim and the Lich stood still, and then, something else stirred in the darkness. Light spilled out, dim, from the end of the wizard's staff. Nothing could be seen. Then, something moved-sucked in the stale air. And hissed.

Red slits light up in the dark, eyes.

Maxim was the first to speak.

"Lazarus", he said to the now-moving statue.

"Maxim", the creature responded, it's voice deep and distorted, a sound completely inhuman.

"I have need for your services. And if you do them.....I will set you free", Maxim explained to the beast standing in front of him.

He laughed, a deep, disturbing sound.

"The might underworld lord....turning to I for assistance? Oh, how the might have fallen", he laughed at Maxim.

Maxim put a hand to his katana at his side.

"Remember who you speak to, beast! I could cut you down in an instant as it is", Maxim yelled at the creature.

Lazarus pushed towards him, and the rustling of chains could be heard in the dark.

"You would not be so bold were I not in chains!"

Maxim stepped back, and the creature relaxed back to the where he had been.

This time, Lazarus spoke.

"I take it that the objective is the same as ever?"

Maxim chuckled slightly, shaking his head.

"No-you have been away for a long time. Xargus is dead, Lazarus, a price he paid for stopping my original plan. No-now the enemy is his son"

Lazarus's head moved up, and Maxim gained his full attention.

"He has a son? With whom? A human!?"

Maxim nodded, and Lazarus stood fully, his height extended to it's maximum reaches.

"By your will", Lazarus ended.

Maxim turned to the Lich, and nodded again, no words.

The magician waved his hand in a circle, not the staff this time. He chanted something unintelligible, and closed his eyes. A few moments later, he finished, and reopened them.

He thrust his hand at Lazarus, and light shone around him. Like a bubble, it closed around him, and went smaller, and smaller, and then, with a flash, disappeared.

The light returned to the chamber.

Maxim spoke, to the Lich.

"Sparda has only just returned from a foreign country, correct?", Maxim asked.

The Lich nodded.

The underworld lord laughed, deep and long, before turning away and walked towards the doors. Just as he pushed through them, he spoke aloud.

"Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home"

The explosion happened out of no where.

Down the street, from Sparda and Alex, just after she had broke the news to him, the pavement exploded outward in a massive display of smoke. People ran, screaming, in all directions.

"What the-?", Sparda started. He stepped forwards, and gazed at the smoke.

Something moved. Something big.

He walked forward a few steps, clearing some of the distance between the cloud and himself.

Red eyes lit up through the dust.

Sparda now spoke with urgency.

"Alex, run!"

She was hesitant.

"Wh-what!? Why?"

He glanced back at her.

"Something just came here, and it isn't happy. You have two people to worry about now, so find somewhere, anywhere, to hide! GO!"

She nodded, and then turned down a side street and disappeared.

Sparda stepped forward, getting closer to the cloud. He flexed his hands in their fingerless gloves.

Suddenly, the smoke disappeared in a gust of wind, and standing where it had been was a massive figure, two wings extending out of it's shoulders, one like a dragons and the other like a mangled angel wing. The wings then folded, and disappeared into the creatures back.

Sparda called out to it.

"Who are you, and what do you want?"

It looked at him, gazing with those red eyes. Then, it took a few steps forward, moving closer, before talking in a voice Sparda never could've imagined.

"I am Lazarus, the First of the Black Halo and one of the Fallen", it started.

"And, under the orders from the archfiend and underworld lord Maxim, I hereby present you with this one ultimatum.....", it took another step forward, and raised it's hand.

Fire burst around it, generating from the limb.

"Surrender......

or die"

Next time, in One Must Fall, Sparda begins his battle with a foe that even Maxim fears. Starting a battle that will either save or destroy New York-and now, Sparda has more to lose than ever.

(Oh, and if anyone actually cares, everything will be revealed in time about Sparda's life)
Post Edited:2008-04-19 21:57:00

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Midnight Lantern

0o

Oh dear...Mine is not saved.

But seriously. This is awesome. I'm gonna' read the rest of it later.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sparda

Midnight Lantern says:

"0____oOh dear...Mine is not saved.But seriously. This is awesome. I'm gonna' read the rest of it later."

Thanks.

I suggest you save it now :)

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Sparda says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"0____o Oh dear...Mine is not saved. But seriously. This is awesome. I'm gonna' read the rest of it later."
Thanks. I suggest you save it now :)"

No Problem.

Just did.

Silently thanks Sparda ;)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda

One Must Fall

The massive beast named Lazarus stood before Sparda, only a short distance away. His fist and wrist was aflame, the fire licking away at his flesh but doing no damage.

Without saying anything or taking his eyes off the fiend, Sparda reached back and drew his sword, and brought it down to rest, pointing down towards the ground.

The two individuals stood, staring down eachother in the illuminated night.

Then, as if a gunshot shot through it, the stillness was broken, and Lazarus charged, his steps making the ground shake and sending small clouds of dust into the air.

Sparda sliced his sword through the air in front of him, and then ran, with it trailing behind him, towards his enemy.

The two yelled, a constant battlecry as they charged. Their footsteps pounded, their minds raced, and their blood pumped through their veins.

Lazarus attacked first.

He brought his fiery fist down towards Sparda, who sidestepped it. The fist hit the concrete and shattered it, and a small explosion of fire shot outwards.

Sparda jumped forwards into the air slightly, and delivered a spin kick to Lazarus's face. It knocked his head sideways, but the beast was totally unfazed.

Sparda landed, and instantly planted his empty hand down onto the ground, open palmed. He pushed off the ground with his feet, so that he was only connected to the ground by that one hand.

He hit Lazarus with two kicks, one from each leg, at his neck. Again, the monster was unfazed.

He landed, and jumped back up again, and shot a straight kick towards the behemoth.

With a surprising speed, Lazarus shot out his hand and grabbed Sparda's leg, and lifted him into the air.

He flung Sparda aside, and the demon hunter collided with a taxi. The vehicle collapsed inwards and the windows shattered outwards.

Sparda fell to his knees, but only for a moment before he pushed off the taxi with his legs and shot through the air towards Lazarus.

He slashed at him with his sword, and connected directly in the chest. He flew over, and landed behind him, and cut straight downwards with the sword.

It hit his head, but instead of cleaving straight through....it did nothing.

Lazarus reached up and grabbed the sword, laughing.

Sparda still held on to it, surprised by the lack of damage done to Lazarus. The large demon swung the sword over his head and smashed it downwards, with Sparda still connected.

The ground beneath him shattered and chunks of concrete flew upwards and landed back down.

Lazarus tossed the sword backwards, and Sparda didn't see where it landed.

He then reached down and grabbed Sparda by the collar, with one massive hand. Lazarus held him in front of his chest, with both hands, and then began to spin around.

After the second revolution, he threw Sparda, combining his already massive strength and the momentum.

Sparda flew through the air, in a straight line, and down the street. He went the entire way without stopping, before reaching the end and smashing through the glass entrance to the building at the end.

The glass shattered in a wide spread, crunching as it hit the ground. Sparda smashed into the tile floor of the building, bounced up, crashed through a set of tables before hitting the ground and sliding, and then collided with the wall, hard.

He groaned, before pushing himself up and shaking his head to get himself moving. He looked around, and realized that he was in some fast-food restaurant.

He looked out the now-shattered entranceway, and saw Lazarus's massive bulk walking steadily down the street towards him.

He took a few breaths to get himself up again, and then took off at a run through the restaurant, and jumped out the entrance.

He re-entered the street, and looked Lazarus in the eye, still breathing hard.

Lazarus laughed and spoke to him.

"Don't fall yet. You can die when I'm done with you!"

As he finished his sentence, he thrust his hand forward and a huge burst of fire shot out towards Sparda at a high speed.

Sparda put up his hands, and the attack collided and exploded outwards, sending out a large smoke cloud.

Lazarus stood, and looked into the cloud. Nothing seemed to stir. He bellowed out, laughing.

Suddenly, the haze cleared as a wall of smoking Dark Energy shot out, and smashed into Lazarus, driving him back a few feet.

Sparda stood, his hands still outstretched.

He put them down by his side, and looked the raging Lazarus in the face.

"No-", he said, before taking off a run at Lazarus.

"I'll die when I'm damn well ready!"

He delivered a punch to the monster, smashing into his gut. Then, one to his face, driving the beast back a step. A straight kick to the throat, and then a uppercut which staggered Lazarus, forcing him backwards.

Sparda clenched both of his hands together, and then brought them upwards in a uppercut, and smashed them into Lazarus's jaw, which sent the monster off his feet and flying several feet into the air and down a quarter of the street.

Lazarus fell, and landed onto a truck, his massive bulk crushing it and causing it to explode it a flare of heat and a gush of smoke.

Sparda stood in a fighting stance, ready for anything.

The fire bloomed, and the smoke rose into the sky. Out of the rising smoke cloud, Lazarus walked out, smoking. His breath was ragged with rage.

Suddenly, police cars swerved to a stop around the combatants, and two police stood out for each car, their pistols drawn and aimed.

A resounding "FREEZE!" echoed out.

Sparda swept his eyes over the area, but Lazarus stood still, glaring at him. Then, he spoke.

"You fight for the humans, Son of Xargus. And that is why you will lose"

Suddenly, he turned, and began in a breakout run towards the nearest policemen.

And it was Sparda's job to stop him.

Next, the battle between Sparda and Lazarus gets more intense as the authorities get involved in the crossfire! Now, Sparda must not only battle a immensely powerful foe, but also protect the innocent. The battle continues in One Must Fall.

Yes, I like to put little comic-ad things at the end of each chapter :P

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sparda

One Must Fall

Sparda just wasn't fast enough to save the first ones.

Lazarus charged straight through their parked police car, causing it to shatter and explode into flames. He rushed headlong, and grabbed one of the police officers, proceeding to slam him down onto the ground brutally.

He then lifted that one and tossed him into the next, sending them both flying.

He turned, and opened his palm, shooting out a blast of fire. It hit a cruiser, and made it explode, killing both of the officers.

Sparda had reached him by now, and jumped, grabbing onto his massive arm and pulling it back to prevent it from smashing into another officer.

"RUN!", Sparda yelled to him as he stalled the monster. The officer's face went pale, and him and his partner both bolted off.

Lazarus reached back and grabbed Sparda with his other arm, and lifted the demon hunter in front of him. He cocked his arm back and smashed it into Sparda twice-the first in the torso and the second in the face. Then, he threw him into the ruins of the first police car, and stomped off.

Sparda recovered quickly, and got back to his feet just in time to see Lazarus reach the last policemen. Then he did something Sparda had never seen before.

Lazarus grabbed them both with each of his huge hands, and held them up. His arms then began to grow dark-a shadow moved it's way up his arm, and into the police officers. Then, the shadow pulsed, and all of the darkness in Lazarus's arms surged into the officers. He dropped them to the ground, where they collapsed.

Sparda sprinted at Lazarus, who's back was to him. He ran, jumped, and performed a flying kick, which smashed into the creature's back, and sent him stumbling forward. Lazarus turned around to have Sparda's fist knock into the side of his head, and then another straight into his face. A roundhouse kick sent him backwards, where he slid and slowly recovered to stand up.

Sparda was about to rush him again, when he heard a scream beside him. A terrible, shriek that pierced through the air, and made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. He turned his head, and then faced the event fully, surprised.

The officers were standing, but their bodies were mangled and they were slumped. Their skin was a different colour, their arms and legs were bent at irregular angles, their ribs and skulls twisted and pulsing out. They screamed again, they same wail, and then fell to the ground, where the darkness that had surged into them burst upwards, shrouding their forms in darkness. When it cleared, the two rose-but in a horrible, familiar form.

Demons.

They now rushed at Sparda, hands outstretched for his throat.

Easily dodging the attacks, Sparda shot his hand forward and caught the arm of the first demon, and snapped it backwards with a crunch. He then slammed his open palm into it's face, which crumpled it.

Letting go off the arm, he jumped up shortly and kick straight upwards into the air, connecting with the jaw of the monster. It's body flew backwards and landed hard on the pavement.

Sparda turned and didn't do anything fancy to the next one. He simply reached out with blinding speed, gripped the top of it's head, and pulled upwards. The neck shattered and sand spilled out in a cascade, with the head being ripped off the shoulders of the demon. It collapsed, and Sparda tossed the head aside.

He turned to Lazarus, who had been watching the entire time. The fiend spoke.

"You're not so different from myself. If you had been in my situation, you would have done the same-and now would be slaughtering humans instead of demons"

Sparda shook his head and ran at him, a fist ready.

"I'm nothing like you!", he bellowed out to his opponent, before launching his punch.

His limb a blur, Lazarus caught the punch with one of his hands and held it, his limb shaking under Sparda's effort. He then squeezed down, and several snaps came from the hand-Sparda gritted his teeth and pushed through the pain.

Suddenly, he punched towards Lazarus's stomach, and smashed inwards. The demon removed his grip, and put himself into a combat ready stance. He sent a fist flying towards Sparda, who jumped into the air over it. The limb smashed into the pavement where he had been standing and shattered it. Sparda, meanwhile, kicked out, and hit Lazarus in the face-his head cracked backwards. The half-human landed, and punched once more at Lazarus's face, knocking it sideways, before sending another blow towards the creature's chest.

Lazarus, this time, moved sideways and dodged the attack with surprising speed, and grabbed the arm. He flipped Sparda into the air, and smashed him down onto the concrete. Sparda let out a groan, feeling something in his ribs shift. He began to push himself up, when Lazarus's foot smashed down onto him, driving him back to the concrete and knocking the wind out of him. Whatever shifted earlier had just snapped. Lazarus lifted his foot up and stomped again-and again, and again, and then finally raised his foot back and kicked Sparda in the stomach, sending him sliding down the street quickly. He smashed into the side of the only remaining police cruiser, flew up and over it-spinning wildly-and crashed to the ground on the other side.

All he could hear were the thudding steps of Lazarus approaching. Slowly, painfully, he pushed himself up and onto his feet. He saw the massive beast approaching.

Sparda breathed heavy, still stunned from the pounding he had just received. He was bruised and broken in several different spots, and unarmed. Lazarus was approaching, steadily.

Sparda backed away, and then turned, walking away briskly towards the sidewalk. Lazarus laughed at him.

"Running away? I expected more from the Son of Xargus!"

Sparda stopped at the corner, and turned around to face him.

"I'm not running", he stated. Suddenly, he reached to his right and gripped the "Stop" sign of the corner. He pulled, and the ground underneath it cracked and finally shattered upwards, dust and concrete flying in a spray. Sparda reached to the red sign at the end of the pole, and tore it off, tossing it aside onto the street. In a amazing display of control, he spun the pole around and around, using his arms, until bringing it to rest behind him in a inverted hold, and stood in a fighting stance. He spoke to Lazarus.

"Let's get down to business"

Then, the monster broke off at a charge towards him, and Sparda stood steady, still in his fighting stance. The creature neared, and threw a punch towards Sparda's face.

He sidestepped it, the punch flying by, and then brought the pole up invertedly to smashed into Lazarus's chin, knocking his head up. Sparda then pushed the pole to the ground and pushed off of it, kicking into Lazarus's face again, knocking him back.

He landed, spun, and smashed the pole into the beast's head. It connected with a vibrating twang, and Sparda spun around on the spot, twisting the pole around him, before bringing it up again and smacking it into Lazarus's throat. The monster was visibly stunned now, and Sparda took the opportunity. He pivoted on the spot again, and brought the pole down onto the back of Lazarus's head, forcing the creature to bend down.

Now, Sparda stepped back, and then, in one fluid motion, pushed the pole so that it spun around his neck and over his shoulders, spun himself with it on the spot, grabbed the pole upon two full revolutions, and then used the momentum to smash the weapon up into Lazarus's face.

The weapon bent back with a screech upon the incredible impact, and Lazarus was sent flying up and back into the air. He flew down the street, fell, and landed, forcing the ground underneath him to shatter completely, the concrete buckling and cracking under the weight. Dust flew up from the open wounds in the pavement, and Lazarus lay still.

Sparda rested on the pole, using it as support. He was breathing heavily. It was hard to draw air into his lungs-he was hurt, bad. He gasped in a raggedy breath, before beginning to turn away from the downed beast.

Then, quickly, Lazarus sat up, pushed himself off the ground, and dusted himself off. He laughed, a sick sound. Sparda was amazed and bewildered that the monster had taken so much punishment. Lazarus yelled to him from down the street.

"Surely, you must be able to do better than that!", he laughed.

Then, there was a flash-and both of his odd wings were spread wide. He pushed off the ground, and came flying at a incredible speed towards Sparda, amazingly fast.

Lazarus cocked back a fist, and let it fly straight into Sparda's face.

There was a sick crack, and Sparda's head whipped back, along with the rest of his body. The pole was sent out of his hands and hit the pavement, skidding. Sparda flew through the air, spinning backwards slowly, gradually gaining height, before reaching the end of the street and smashing into the midsection of a large building. Dust flew everywhere, covering the impact zone, and the shatter of glass and crunch of breaking bricks could be heard.

Lazarus landed on the street, and folded in his wings, chuckling.

The dust and smoke cleared. Sparda was standing, but only barely. He leaned against one of the broken walls for support. His jacket was torn-he was bleeding profusely from the head. He had used his best efforts, and accomplished nothing. Lazarus was laughing at him.

There was only one thing he could do. One thing he had never dared to do in a situation like this-but it was necessary. A necessary evil.

And if he could not control himself.....the world would pay the price.

Next, the battle between Sparda and Lazarus increases in ferocity, as both combatants fight to the best of their ability! But after one of them falls.....will the Earth still be safe? Or will it face total annihilation? Find out in the next installment of One Must Fall.

Two chapters left, I believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

wants to see more of this.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda
TheDrifter said:
"wants to see more of this."

Well, it's good somebody posted in this, or else I wouldn't have been able to continue. Thanks.

Anyways, I plan to continue this (there's still a lot left to write), but first I have to finish off Bad Company (one of my other numerous fan-fics).
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

No problem.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Resonate

woot

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda

"Come, son of Xargus! Face your destiny!", the beast down on the street bellowed upwards. Sparda still leaned against the wrecked wall of the building. His red-dyed hair stuck to his head, and the crimson liquid streaming down his face blinded him slightly. "Fine then.", Lazarus mumbled. He suddenly thrusted his fist forward, and a blast of incredibly bright fire burst towards his opponent. It exploded as it reached it's target, and smoke prevented any visibility.

Lazarus laughed heartily as there was no response or movement within the cloud of smoke. He suddenly stopped, though, and cocked his head curiously. A dull flash of white light penetrated through the cloud. Lazarus turned and gave his full attention to the event, as a figure shot out of the smoke, leaving a trail of dust. It flew down the street at a fast speed, heading dead-on for the demon.

Moving with a speed that deceived his huge size, Lazarus brought both arms up in a block, and as the form collided, a wave of air blew the dust obscuring it away. Lazarus pushed the enemy away, which flipped backwards and landed on it's feet. Devil Triggered, Sparda stood ready for battle once more.....and he wouldn't stop until he defeated.

"Embracing your heritage, are you?", Lazarus asked, mocking. "Come then, demon! Let us finish this!"

He now rushed forward, his dirty wisps of fur dragging along with him. Sparda growled, and sprinted to meet, his now-organic cloak billowing behind. Every step of the two fiends left cracks in the concrete-their eyes locked and narrowed as they began the end of their battle.

Sparda attacked first, smashing his large, metallic fist into Lazarus's face. His head snapped back under the massive impact, but he did not stumble or stop. He moved forward, and shoulder-barged into the other. Sparda was knocked off his feet and flew back about three metres, but he hit the ground rolling, and stood back up quick enough. Lazarus dived, arms-outstretched-side-stepping, the other combatant gripped both of his arms, and began to spin in a circle. He hurled the old demon at maximum velocity, and Lazarus crashed into and through a car, before hitting the side of a building with a impact strong enough to shake the foundations. He quickly recovered, and sprouted his wings.

Flapping, he gained altitude into the sky. Sparda braced his legs, and jumped, colliding into Lazarus. A swiped punch began to throw him off, but he grabbed onto his enemy's leg, drew himself up, and delivered a brutal haymaker. The two demons flew wildly off-course, crashing into the top-lip of a office building. Lazarus fell to the ground below with his wings wrapped around him, while Sparda flipped over the lip and onto the roof.

He pushed himself off the gravel, and moved to the edge. He looked down over, and was instantly greeting with a flying uppercut to the chin, which knocked him down and onto his back. He fell hard, and was beginning to stand when his much-hated enemy flew into him with an impact. Lazarus carried him along, bearing the blows that resulted. He increased his speed, heading dead on for a large billboard. About fifteen feet before impact, he flew upwards on a curve, and released his grip on Sparda, who barrelled ahead, crashed through the billboard, and fell to the streets below.

Before he could land, though, Lazarus caught him once again, and reversed the momentum with a throw. Sparda flew up into the sky, and just as Lazarus was going to hurl him back to earth with what could've been bullet-speed, he grabbed onto his leg and redirected the flying monster's course. The two of them crashed into the eight floor of a skyscraper. Both combatants began a long series of reversals, flipped around and redirecting the course of their insane flight so that the enemy would be the one to bear the impact of the crash-they smashed into two buildings, going back and forth across the street, leveling the structures in clouds of dust and mortar, as chunks of wood, brick, and concrete shattered and fell to the street.

They traded blows in the course of the passage with heavy, crunching impacts. Finally gaining the upper hand after a devastating headbutt, Lazarus travelled down the full length of the road, gathering speed to ram Sparda against a row of apartment buildings. With a sudden move, however, the half-demon bashed Lazarus's hands, freeing himself of their grip. He fell.

The other, though, could not redirect his course in time. He crashed through the skyscrapers, hammering down the walls with his own body. He flew out the other side in a wild fall, the dust on his body leaving wisps behind him as he smashed into the cement with a ear-splitting crash.

He slowly pushed himself up, muttering some ancient dialect and gripped his head. Without warning, he was heaved up, and Sparda's fist smashed against his head again and again and again. Over and over, the blows did not stop, and he began to see black at the edge of his vision.

Sparda drew back his hand once more, except he opened his hand, and curved his fingers, the sharp claws becoming ready. He thrust his hand foward, and carved into Lazarus's eye cavity with squishing sound. The demon howled in pain, and blood leaked out of the large, gapining wounds. The eyeball was in Sparda's grip, and he ripped his hand backwards, tearing it out. With his other free arm, he backhanded Lazarus, sending him flying down onto his back. Sparda tossed the eye away, and laughed, deep and high at the same time. He moved forward ominously, and grabbed Lazarus by the neck, drawing him forward.

Finally retaliating, the large beast grabbed Sparda's head in one giant hand, and faceplanted it. The pavement cratered under the impact. Raising the dazed Sparda back up, Lazarus cocked back his other hand and delivered a punch to his stomach, before grabbing his leg and tossing him over his head. Sparda flew through a glass window and into a apartment's lobby. He did not stir.

The outer wall collapsed as Lazarus stepped through it. He walked towards Sparda quickly, and lifted him above his head with both arms. With as much power as he could muster, the demon brought Sparda down onto his knee in a backbreaker.

A guttaral scream of pain erupted from him, as he spine was pushed as close as it could get to it's breaking point. Laughing, Lazarus lifted him again, turned around to face the street. and fired a point blank blast of hellfire into Sparda's stomach. He burst back, his chest on fire, and rolled into the street covered in smoke.

As Lazarus stepped back onto the road, there was another flash of white, and as the smoke cleared, he saw that his enemy had reverted back to normal. He neared the dazed half-demon, and gripped him by the head.

"And now, I must end this. Too bad, Son of Xargus. This was a turning into a much better event than I had expected!", he told Sparda as he released his hold on him to let him fall back to the ground. Slowly, he raised both fists above his head, roaring.

A piece of granite struck his head, and shattered.

"Hmm!?"

Lazarus turned to see the source of this intrusion. Acclimating to his lack of an eye, he took his time, before spotting a young woman. Sparda muttered something.

"A-Alex.....get out of here....", he echoed his words from before the battle. Lazarus took note of this.

"Ahh......a valued human.....well, no need to leave loose ends", and with a speed that Alex found impossible to track, he thrusted his hand foward. A shadow moved up his arms and gathered at the end of the limb, where it discharged and shot out.

It glanced Alex's shoulder, knocking her down. She didn't make a sound.

Sparda screamed out in pure rage and defiance-it could've been "no", or nothing at all. He pushed himself up, and noticed the thing that arguably saved his life. His sword, where Lazarus had thrown it. What were the odds?

He raised his hand, and the sword levitated to him quickly, and he caught it. He walked straight towards Lazarus, a moderate pace. His face was dead, his eyes practically glazed over. The hand holding his sword glower red for a moment, and then that glow extended into the weapon, where it stayed. He began pulling it back as he was coming up right behind the monster. Lazarus turned around, a slight grin on his face, just as Sparda thrusted Force-Edge forward.

With a noise that sounded like shuck, the blade stabbed through Lazarus's flesh, impaling him through to his other side. He gasped in disbelief, a spray of blood coming out his mouth as he did so. A look of anger covered Sparda's face, as he pushed the sword through Lazarus to it's hilt.

"Memento mori, Son of Xargus....and remember....that you cannot escape your origins.....your destiny....", the dying beast said. Sparda twisted the sword.

"It's my damn life....and I'll do what I want with it!"

With that, Sparda drew back his other arm, charged it with Dark Energy, and slammed his open palm into Lazarus. The energy exploded and widened the cut made by the sword-Lazarus was blown in half and sent flying high into the sky, and down the street. He landed dead on the roof of a skyscraper, and it was visible from a hundred feet away his decent-at regular intervals down the building, impacts shook the structure and dust billowed out of every floor he fell through. Straight down to the ground floor, where a bright flash of light bloomed outwards-bright enough for all to see in New York. The skyscraper collapsed in a wave of dust.

Sparda picked himself up, ready to move, when bright waves of white light, like mist, shot out of Lazarus's new grave, and flew down the road at a incredible speed. It soared into Sparda, and disappeared in a final pulse. If he had been in a calmer mood, he might've asked what the hell that was about. But he wasn't.

He rushed towards Alex, sliding down beside her. He cradled her in his arms.

She was a mess. About half of her body was black, and twisted, and scorched. She looked about dully, unable to speak.

"Oh my god....", was all Sparda could muster. He had saw what Lazarus had done to the police officers. He knew what was going to come....and soon.

Suddenly, she talked. Weak, barely more than a whisper....but she talked.

"D-don't worry....it's all going to b-be....all right....we're going to have a baby....remember...? It's gonna be.....all right.....", she whispered. Feebly, she raised a hand to his cheek, and caressed it. Sparda nodded.

"Yeah....yeah, it's all gonna be okay....all of it....yo-.....you're gonna be fine....we''re....gonna be....fine. I love you...", he whispered back. He grasped her hand, and stood.

She dully nodded at him.

Sparda somewhat registered that there was a crowd gathering, now that the danger was gone. Of course.....only when the danger was gone. But not him. Not her.

He reached behind him and drew a pistol.

"Alex.....you're gonna be fine. Just keep on breathing", he said to her gently as her lowered it to her head. He looked like he was dying.

"I'll carry you on"

He pulled the trigger.

-----------------

Man that took a long time.

Now that I've got my own computer, I'm going to be posting new chapters for Sparda's story as often as possible. I plan to have it all done before I hit ten thousand posts, with the ten thousandth being the final chapter.

Next up, Sparda copes with his loss as he fights alongside certain other supernatural beings....and finds out that maybe Hell isn't the only thing he should be worrying about.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda
Sin and Punishment

--------

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

-Anonymous

-------

It was a gloomy night. The sky was covered in gray clouds, which had been pouring down constant rain for hours. The street was slick and wet, and noisy-the drops were fat and made large splashes as they landed. Every once and a while, a car would drive by, it's headlights illuminating the area, and spraying up the collected rainwater in a wave of mist. Not many people were walking about.

However, one woman, equipped with a umbrella, walked steadily down the sidewalk. Her breath came out in wisps, and her boots made a squishing noise with every step. She shivered uncomfortably, the cold piercing through her coat. Finally, she seemed to reach her destination, and veered towards a simple one floor building with a neon sign-unreadable in the current weather conditions.

She climbed the narrow step walkway, careful not to slip, before reaching the door and gripping it in a gloved hand. Quickly, she pulled it open, folded her umbrella (the water that had gathered on top fell in a clump to the ground, spraying everywhere), and stepped in. She was a woman almost in her middle age, with blond hair that came down to her shoulders. Her eyes were a pleasant green.

Immediately, she felt the warmth provided by the structure's interior, and was grateful. It was dark inside, the lights shut off. She called out, slightly reluctant.

"Hello? Anybody home?"

She fumbled around for a light-switch, and was surprised when they were activated on their own. She heard a footstep, and looked to the source-a young (looking) man had his finger on the switch. His hair was a silver-white, and his face was in an expression of distaste. He moved to the desk against the wall, and sat down in the chair.

"Oh....hi.", she spoke, sounding just a bit nervous all of a sudden. The man didn't say anything, just looked at her, his eyes accusing. She began to explain.

"I'm, um, Alex's sister, Patricia. We met at the wedding. I won't take much of your time". While she was talking, he had reached into a drawer of the desk and retrieved a wine bottle. He poured it into a simple glass and began drinking.

"It's just....well...she had this necklace. It was a cross? It has some, sentimental value to me. I was just wondering if....?", she made a waving gesture with her hands, assuming he knew what she was going to say. He was silent for a moment, and drank some more.

"Well?", she pressed. He drank the rest of the glass in one go.

"No", he responded, bluntly. She blinked, stunned, before going further. "I don't think you understand...", she began. "I gave her that necklace when we were just girls, I'd just like to have it to remember her b-"

"Get out", he ordered. He looked at the glass, rotating it in his grasp. "But-", she began.

"GET OUT!", he yelled, his voice raised, much louder than he spoke before. He stood up and hurled the glass aside to the wall, where it shattered into hundreds of tiny shards. She jumped, before turning back, unfolding her umbrella, and opening the door. She gave him a cold glare, and left, slamming the door shut.

Sparda sat back down, and put his head down to his desk. Within a few moments, though, knocks went through his door. He slowly raised his head to look up at the entrance, glaring as the next visitor entered. It was a man this time-one with brown hair, young, and tall. He wore blue jeans, a sweater, and black gloves that covered all of his hands. Something was different about him. After a few seconds, Sparda realized it-he couldn't tell what the man's eyecolour was.

"Hello, Sparda. We need to talk", he said. Sparda, having heard this, laughed mockingly. He raised his head and looked at the stranger.

"Yeah? About what?", he asked, still laughing a bit as he lowered his head to the desk. The other man seemed to consider this for a moment before responding. In as serious a manner as was possible, he answered.

"I'm an angel"

Now, Sparda slowly stood up. He looked the stranger in the eye, and asked a question.

"Which one?"

The stranger answered quickly and clearly. "I am Michael". Now he was laughing again. He reached over to a coathanger and grabbed his red jacket, swinging it around and putting it on. Sparda looked over to the wall, where his weapon rack was. He began walking towards it.

"Oh, I am going to enjoy this'''.

The man calling himself Michael took a step back towards the door. "Let's calm down a bit, not get rough-". Suddenly, Sparda grabbed his large sword off the rack, vaulted over his desk, rushed at Michael, and swung at him. In a blaze of light, a weapon appeared in the man's hands-a double ended sword, wide, flat-faced, and sharp at the edges. He swung it up in a block, and sparks appeared as the two weapons clashed.

Sparda batted the other weapon out of the way, raised his sword, and brought it down powerfully. Michael dodged sideways, and Force-Edge crashed down to the floor, wood splinters flying up. He slashed upwards invertedly as a counterattack-to this, Sparda, flipped sideways, his sword automatically blocking as a result of the movement. For a moment, the two blades ground against eachother, before the half-demon landed on his feet. He dashed forward again, stabbing at his target-the "angel" sidestepped, and allowed the blade to penetrate into the wall.

"Sparda, stop this foolishness! I've only come to tal-", he tried to reason, but he was cut off, as Sparda jumped up and drop-kicked him in the chest. The force of the blow sent the two combatants flying away from eachother, and Sparda's sword was ripped free of the wall. Michael crashed through the pool table in the room, the wood shattering around his body and the balls flying all around. He hit the ground, rolled, and slammed against the door, slumping down. He recovered quickly, and began to push himself up when the demon came rushing at him once more.

------------------------------

Mia was tired of waiting. It was raining even harder now-the drops came down rapidfire, and put visibility down to a minimum. It was still light enough for her to see though. Michael told her not to enter-it would appear too hostile, he had advised. But he had not returned, and it had been minutes, too long she believed. She stood, on the opposite side of the street, staring at the run down building opposite of her.

Without warning, the door exploded, and her partner came flying out, the pieces of the door flying about him in a cloud nearly. He flew in a arc, and slammed down into the middle of the road, skidding. His clothes were torn a little from the impact. Michael slowly began to push himself up, the rain splashing off of his body, soaking through his shirt. Now, the demon jumped through the open doorway and down the steps, walking steadily to the middle of the road. He dragged the tip of his sword along the ground, a sound that pierced through the constant rainfall.

He came to his downed opponent, and started to bring his sword down upon him. The angel reacted just in time to not be cut in half-he brought his weapon up to guard again, and once more the two blades clashed. Michael rolled backwards as the sword came down once more, narrowly dodging. He flipped up and landed on his feet, launching a spinning slash at the red-clad man. Sparda parried the blow, knocking the angel's weapon up-following that, he jumped in the air, spun, and delivered a kick straight on to his target's face. Michael was knocked down, and when he landed his weapon flew out of his grip, flipped and rolling on the wet street.

Sparda thrust the weapon down to his neck, but before it could finish the battle, it hovered, stopping to within an inch of the throat. The other man looked up, confused, before he saw the presence of his partner standing behind the demon, her large dagger pressed to his neck. She didn't look happy. Neither did the man she was currently threatening. Sparda tossed his sword to the side, out of reach-it clanged as it hit the ground.

"I should've come in with you", she told him, anger in her voice. It was mostly for the demon in front of her, though. Michael had pushed himself up and wiped some of the rainwater off of his sleeve, where it had gathered.

"Then we'd both be in trouble. No, I think it was best that you stayed outside", he replied. He now turned to the man, and looked him in the eye.

"What do you want?", Sparda asked, fury in his voice. Michael responded nonchalantly.

"To talk. But first, let's get out of the rain...", he mumbled. And then, the trio walked back to Sparda's shop, the blade still pressed to his neck.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda

Sparda brushed the last of the rainwater off of his jacket. He had been listening to Michael's little yap for a few minutes now, and had yet to speak a word. With the story finished, the two angels waited for the man to respond. For a few moments, he didn't say anything.

"Well...?", Michael prompted, waiting for some sort of reply. Sparda looked up at him.

"Just to understand fully, you want me to fight in some war for you.....but you're not going to tell me who I'm fighting or why?", he asked with a confused look. Mia rolled her eyes and Michael sighed lightly. "Yes....that's about it", he conceded. Suddenly, Sparda laughed, and leaned back.

"Hilarious. Get out", he ordered. The two angels looked at him sharply. Mia clearly was getting ready to yell, but Michael cut her off before she could.

"You mean to tell me that even with the fate of the world-all worlds-at stake, you refuse to do anything? While innocents are dying and the very fabric of the universe being threatened? You still refuse?", Michael was bewildered. The half-demon stood up, pushing his chair back.

"You don't get it, do you? There's nothing in it for me. At all", he explained. Michael still looked amazed.

"Your life? Everyone's life means n-", he began, before he was cut off now. Sparda turned on him and yelled.

"What is my life? My life is the same thing, over and over again. Back and forth, working these meaningless jobs for no profit. Aiming blind for some sort of chance at revenge. And then, when I do find a way to be happy, it's....", he stopped himself. Mia was silent, but Michael stared. Finally, after a weighty silence, he spoke.

"What if....there was something in it for you?", the angel asked. Sparda walked around the desk that he had been behind, and towards the two. He looked Michael in the eye.

"I guess that it would depend on what that thing is, now wouldn't it?". Now, the other smiled. He looked the demon in the face.

"Then I think we have a deal."

--------------------------

Some time later....

The trio now were in a helicopter, flying over the snowy landscape of a undisclosed location. Sparda had a good grip on his sword, and he faced Michael, who looked tense. With a glance, he looked over to Mia, who showed no emotion. The beating of the rotors drowned out most discussion-but, there were numerous other men in the vehicle as well. Sparda hadn't been told the entire story-just the gist. He got Michael's attention by holding up his hand. The angel looked to him, and Sparda motioned his head towards the other men.

"What's with them? Who are they and why are they here?", he questioned. Michael didn't say anything, and barely even registered the words. Sparda spoke again, with a harsher tone of voice.

"Who are they?", he repeated. Michael turned this time fully, and glanced down the row of seats. None of the men seemed to hear Sparda talk. Finally, he responded.

"They are holy men who....wished for a more active role with their beliefs". And that was all he said. Sparda laughed slightly, and looked at the angel again.

"You suckered some saps into going on a mission where they're probably going to die? You're a real piece of work"

"Say what you want about me, Sparda, but know that these men chose this path. They are willing to do the work", Michael responded quickly. Sparda shook his head in mock disgust, before going silent once again. Slowing, the helicopter turned to land on the helipad of a skyscraper, a snow covered city it's surrounding. The door was pushed open, and the occupants of the vehicle began to file out.

Small flakes of snow came down lazily, coating the rooftop. Aside from that generated from the helicopter, there was no wind-the air was calm and serene. Their steps were surrounded by the constant crunching of ice. Sparda glanced back to watch the helicopter take off again, and fly out of sight. Turning back forward, he came to a entrance to the building, and entered through the narrow doorway. It was plain and ordinary inside-white walls, impersonal fluorescent lights, and minimal decor. Michael and Mia stayed with him, but the rest of the men turned and went down a opposite stairway. The two angels took off down the carpeted hallway, walking in tandem. Sparda brushed a bit of snow from his jacket, and followed.

After traversing down a few more identical hallways, they entered a seemingly random side door, and stepped into a larger room. It was circular, and bare white-except for the carpet. A large, rectangular table was dead center, and several more angels stood or sat around it. Michale continued in, but Mia wheeled around and faced Sparda.

"No, you wait outside. We'll inform you of what transpired after the meeting", she explained. He stared at her for a moment, but complying and stepping out. With a gesture, she sent two angels out with him. The doors were closed shut.

Sparda walked to the opposite wall from the door, and leaned against it. He sighed. His two acquaintances stared at him, no emotion coming from their face.

"Guard duty? You guy's must've screwed up royally if that's your job", he told them. They're expressions didn't changed in the slightest, but they did glance at eachother. They both wore non-descript suits, and black gloves. They were the same height. Suddenly, one of them raised a hand sideways. Sparda followed this with his eyes.

In a gathering of light, a short sword formed. The other guard did the same. They began to move forward.

"Oh, not good...!", Sparda yelled out as they rushed him.

Just in time, he ducked, and the two blades were imbedded in the wall that he had been standing in front of. The angels ripped the weapons from the wall immediately. Sparda reached back and drew his sword, bringing in front of him-in the process, he blocked one slash in a blast of sparks. With the other guard coming at him, he pushed wth all his might and knocked the first back. He turned, and parried two blows, loud clangs from the impacts echoing through the halls. The first guard was recovering, and on the verge of rushing once more.

Sparda slammed his opponent's blade, knocking it up. With his free hand, he drew a pistol, aimed it at the first guard, and fired four times. Each bullet slammed into the angel's chest with a bang. He fell. The remaining guard was slamming his sword back down with both hands-Sparda stepped to the side, and cut horizonatally. His enemy was fast, and parried the strike, knocking the blade aside. He stabbed, moving quickly. Sparda brought the flat of his weapon up, and stopped the blow-quickly, he pushed, and knocked the weapon back again. Gripping his sword in both hands, he slashed the angel across the chest, drawing blood. The attacker fell to the ground.

The doors slammed open-Michael rushed out. Immediately, Sparda turned to him.

"Don't suppose you'd mind explaining what the hell just happened?", he asked, breathing his deeply.