Is it just me...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pyrogram

Or is the FanFic section sorta dead after this update.

How can we kick-start activity?

It was picking up before but now..now it is dead. Seriously dead.

So people - How can we get activity back?

Can we get it back...?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pyrogram: Good point, and I think also this ties into @joshmightbe's question (I think it was josh anyhoo) about original fiction not being appreciated on the site. Lately I have noticed a lot of people from Fan Fic moving over to RPG, where original characters and stories seem to be given a lot more recognition. Still...it is sad. I can only speak for myself, but that is why I have not worked so much in Fan Fic (that and the VGGs are on hiatus :P).

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By dngn4774

@pyrogram: Could be school as well. Most fanfic writers happen to be in their formative years and brush fics of to the side when more papers begin to pile up. It's gonna get worse when final's season hits.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By thespideyguy

Reboot all the fan fic groups.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@bumpyboo said:

@pyrogram: Good point, and I think also this ties into @joshmightbe's question (I think it was josh anyhoo) about original fiction not being appreciated on the site. Lately I have noticed a lot of people from Fan Fic moving over to RPG, where original characters and stories seem to be given a lot more recognition. Still...it is sad. I can only speak for myself, but that is why I have not worked so much in Fan Fic (that and the VGGs are on hiatus :P).

Basically this. The RPG section is a haven for original characters and ideas (which I am most interested in writing)

There really isn't much love for OC stories here.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch: I do both. So I agree. RPG is not the same when doing stories though.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pyrogram said:

@falconpuuunch: I do both. So I agree. RPG is not the same when doing stories though.

I find that it can be. It depends what you want to do. A lot of the blogs for characters, a lot of the origin stories etc, could pass easily for Fan Fic posts. I guess what puts a lot of people off is not wanting to interact as a character, but really you can do that as little or as much as you want :) It isn't for everyone, but I am finding it to be really inspirational in terms of writing, it keeps the imagination working and the vocabulary sharp. Excellent for honing your skills ;)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx:

No, it is and is not...Like when I did my Zaniel piece over their you get praise but no "feedback" unlike in this section..It really is not the same.

RPG for me is a tool to as you say, Hone your skills :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe
Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Basically this. The RPG section is a haven for original characters and ideas (which I am most interested in writing)

There really isn't much love for OC stories here.

Just to reaffirm this point, speaking as an RPGer, any story I write with an OC (whether it's an RPG character or not), I post in the RPG section.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ellie_knightfall: Every time I go to the RPG forums I feel really out of place since I have no interest in the gaming portion

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pyrogram
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Not with established characters, no. I was part of DC Genesis way back when, but due to stuff coming up wasn't able to partake

@joshmightbe: Yeah, that's understandable. it can be kind of intimidating, especially when you otherwise don't have anything to do with that forum.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

@ellie_knightfall: With your RPG skills you should get back into it, From experiences now, RPG has made me a 10x better writer than just FanFic.

Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: If I had the time I might, but I have so much going on with RPG right now. I may sporadically post one every now and then, though.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ellie_knightfall: If you do be sure to link me and I'll give that much needed feedback when you Fic, That is why this place is so dead :(

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pyrogram: I thought this place was so dead because so many users complain but so few offer alternatives and solutions (present company excluded, of course) :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@pyrogram said:

@xnahtebx:

No, it is and is not...Like when I did my Zaniel piece over their you get praise but no "feedback" unlike in this section..It really is not the same.

RPG for me is a tool to as you say, Hone your skills :P

I'm an average writer at best and I got a lot more critical advice and feedback over there for my OC. If I would have posted my Whistler Origin here it most likely would have been ignored and forgotten (even though I worked really, really hard on it). I don't write for the approval of others or even the appeal, but it sucks when you work so hard on an OC and it gets no feedback when there are like 78 views. That is why when I have the urge to write about an OC I head over to the RPG section. I honestly would rather do that stuff here because as I previously said, i'm not a great writer and I suck horribly at interacting with other people.

@ellie_knightfall:

Completely understandable. Most OC characters are appreciated in the RPG section.

@joshmightbe said:

@falconpuuunch: The RPG is fine for some but its just not my style

Not my style either so I understand what you're saying.

I would honestly rather write about my OC characters here, but it's hard to find motivation to write when no one even bothers to read or leave feedback.

I'm guilty of this as well btw. Especially when i'm super tired or if I disliked the FF. It's jut something we need to work on as a whole.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch: Thus me making this thread. The FanFic section in its prime was amazing. Feedback existed. I was getting 30+ comments per Fic. THAT WAS 2 MONTHS AGO.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#22  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@xnahtebx said:

I thought this place was so dead because so many users complain but so few offer alternatives and solutions (present company excluded, of course) :P

*Tap tap* I write Fan-Fic reviews.

*Gets on soapbox*

People! Change starts at home! You want feedback? Offer some feedback. "Ooh, I don't know what to say...." Really? You call yourself a writer, but you can't craft a decent critique? *Scoff*

You want people back in the F-F section? Then you got to get dirty. I volunteer in the library, offer edits, correct grammar, write reviews, bump stories, and beta read for new writers.

*Gets off soapbox*

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@pyrogram said:

@falconpuuunch: Thus me making this thread. The FanFic section in its prime was amazing. Feedback existed. I was getting 30+ comments per Fic. THAT WAS 2 MONTHS AGO.

Wow. What a change for the worse. Like I said though (and Wildvine elaborated on ^ ) We need to leave more feedback ESPECIALLY when new users post.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: You seen my recent off-topic post right >_> I am trying 0_0

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#25  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@pyrogram said:

@wildvine: You seen my recent off-topic post right >_> I am trying 0_0

I saw. My comment was not directed at you.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

@wildvine: I know, I know - I am now thinking of way to get more Ficers...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

I try to give feedback as often as possible