Interest: The Spectacular Misadventures of Harley Quinn

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

So, I've been chewing on this idea for a while. The prospect of actually giving Harley a solo, where she's the main character and has to struggle between being a hero or villain, fight against her own madness, test herself against other baddies, and overall establish herself as her own character with her own supporting cast, who's capable of holding her own title that has serious storylines rather than just being purely schlocky and comedic.

But, with obvious declines in the fan-fic board as of late, I have to ask myself the question -- if I actually write this, who will read it?

Hence, I'm creating an interest thread. Who actually genuinely wants to see this happen? I don't just mean who would support it if it was there, or who might drop in occasionally, but who actually hears this idea and goes "Yes! This is something I want to regularly read!"?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Do eeet

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Do you even have to ask?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@wildvine: @joygirl: Not for me you don't. Anyone else, well you're both probably right

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hellz yeah!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

I SHALL READ!!!!!!!!!!!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@joygirl: You should try to be more confident in yourself. You are one of the best writers on this site, and I think these "self-esteem" threads are beneath you. Just write what you want to write and kick ass doing so.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Not so much a self-esteem thread as an interest probe. I know if I do it that it will come out well. But I also knew that about Wrath of the Red Lanterns, whose readership has dwindled to like, 3. Hence why I wanted to see if people were interested in a HQ title or if it would be lost among the shuffle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I'd read it.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Well most people are interested in ongoings when the issues are new. After you hit about 5 or 6 chapters readers tend to dwindle. That's not because your story is getting dull, it's because readers don't feel like reading all of the canon if there are other new titles that are easier to catch up on. That's why only like 1% of ongoings actually get finished on this site. If you love what you are writing you should keep writing it, even if there is not a lot of buzz. No ongoing feels brand new with every issue, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be written.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl: Well most people are interested in ongoings when the issues are new. After you hit about 5 or 6 chapters readers tend to dwindle. That's not because your story is getting dull, it's because readers don't feel like reading all of the canon if there are other new titles that are easier to catch up on. That's why only like 1% of ongoings actually get finished on this site. If you love what you are writing you should keep writing it, even if there is not a lot of buzz. No ongoing feels brand new with every issue, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be written.

Easy to say until you churn out a new chapter that receives 0 comments. Then suddenly the motivation to keep writing seems to be a looot less.

@squares said:

I'd read it.

<3 Yay!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@dngn4774 said:

Easy to say until you churn out a new chapter that receives 0 comments. Then suddenly the motivation to keep writing seems to be a looot less.

It's happened before. I call it fanfiction and wattpad.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl said:

@dngn4774 said:

It's happened before. I call it fanfiction and wattpad.

*boosh*

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@dngn4774 said:

Interesting. Do you think a short/or mini series would be a better option then?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Interesting. Do you think a short/or mini series would be a better option then?

Personally I think the answer is to write an ongoing about a genre you love and turn that into a full length work. If you keep trying to pander to every trend or fad you'll end up repeating the same cycle. The mini series approach is also good but I find full length ongoings to be more fufilling once you finish.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Whatever happened to the Harley and Bomb Queen series? Was that you or am I confusing it with another writer?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'd read it if I was tagged but I don't actively look through the stuff that is posted here. Just way too much to read. If I am ever tagged by anyone to read something they posted here, I do.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever happened to the Harley and Bomb Queen series? Was that you or am I confusing it with another writer?

I think its on hiatus for a moment.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly I blanked on what to do with that after the very first issue. Beyond just reducing it to cheesecake and grab-assing I couldn't really think of a story to tell.

I'd read it if I was tagged but I don't actively look through the stuff that is posted here. Just way too much to read. If I am ever tagged by anyone to read something they posted here, I do.

Good to know. ;)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Do you really need to ask? Yes please :)