Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- The Stone Vampire of Versailles

“What a beautiful scenery,” said the owner of the museum. But it wasn’t just the scenery he looked outside the streets of Paris. It was a fine collection of art pieces, which were made by famous artists from around the world. There were such pieces like various paintings, sculptures, and some other unique designs, unknown to the crowd of people who were now following a presenter. It was an art museum of course. He had the rights to keep this place in his father’s name. How much he had remembered his father, didn’t know the time has passed away like the wind. He walked around the halls of the museum, staring at the ancient antiques. These antiques were made by one of the most, finest sculptors in French history. People would say it was more beautiful than Marie Antoinette. Yeah, right, the owner thought.

He looked around the museum to make sure every art piece had stayed intact, even without leaving a scratch. Sometimes, kids tend to spoil them, or make funny faces along with the face of Plato. “Kids, these days,” the owner said to himself. “When will they ever learn?”

He noticed the crowd was now staring at the strangest sculpture, ever known to be existed in Paris. This sculpture was made out of hard stone that not even any person could break it through. It was considered as hard as a rock. He researched the history about the rare piece that he could find in his private study. People used to ask why this sculpture had been made by a Frenchman in the 18th-century. No one knew for sure what the reason was. However, the Frenchman made a fine work out of his crazy imagination. He decided to make the sculpture because of his previous artworks were not accepted by King Louis the Fourteenth, the once ruler of France. All the rejections drove the famous sculptor into madness. As a result, the "Stone Vampire of Versailles" was born.

To this day, the stone vampire became famous throughout the city. A supernatural being which everyone considered to be the most famous vampire, ever since Bram Stoker had written Dracula in the 19th-century. The figure was lying on the stone slab, which looked like a true sleeping beauty. But the figure was a male, judging by its appearance, and this made everyone think that the maker of the sculpture might be gay in his time.

The owner tried to shift his eyes away from the stone vampire. But he couldn’t help staring at it. Every modern-day artist had come to the museum to see this fabulous piece of artwork. It was like they wanted to buy it off from the marketplace at a given price. A rich man used to ask the owner whether it was for sale, even knowing it wasn't. “Ah. But no,” replied the owner. “The wondrous art is not for sale. It’s only for show and tell.” He wondered whether the stone vampire became the reason for attracting so many customers to visit this museum. That thought never came to his mind until he received tons of cash from the richness and wealth of France and other countries. The visit also costed more to see the beautiful artworks and sometimes for free, in regards of special occasions. I guess the tourists would be mad to hear the museum wasn't for free, thought the owner.

Rich people like movie celebrities, directors, or other artists wanted the stone piece very badly. They could take photos of it, but they need to pay the money first before coming to the museum. The owner didn't like the fact of not being paid for his everyday job, and he wanted to become the center of attention, by having the stone vampire in his museum at all times. That luck had come to him, and that he wouldn't let anyone take that away from him.

It had been hours now that the visitors saw the entire museum. But the center of all attraction was the stone vampire itself; sleeping and not knowing that the crowds stared at it with their watchful eyes. It was romantic for women to fall in love with such a creature, yet it fell into deep sleep and who knew how long it could stay like that, until the end of time.

The sky went almost black and it was almost time to close off the museum. The crowds gathered their stuff, and went into the beautiful streets of Paris. A security guard arrived at his shift on time whereas the other went home. The owner returned to the stone vampire and stood there, staring at it. “Such a magnificent piece,” said the owner. He couldn’t put into words to describe the art of the impossible and yes, it became possible for the past French sculptor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The owner went to his office, and decided to have some rest. He turned on the radio to listen to the news, which came and ramble between the two opposite sides of the speakers. It was the owner’s favorite program, "The Debaters," which people often argued or discussed each and every other topic. Most surprisingly, the two people talked about the stone vampire that they had seen in the museum, about a few days ago. The owner gave a quick laugh to himself, and wondered if this obvious conversation would go on forever.

While listening to the radio, a sound was being heard from the far halls of the museum. The owner turned off the device for a second, and walked outside his main office. Then he asked the security guard what the sound was. But the guard said it must be a rat crawling through the smooth floors of the museum. The owner couldn’t help thinking that a rat would enter this museum. The security system could have detected it. Maybe, the security guard was dumbfounded than the owner expected.

He went back to his office while the security guard passed the other side of the hall. As the owner was about to step back into his chair, he heard the same sound. It sounded like some hard object came piling together and then got thrown by both human hands. Realizing where the sound came from, the owner walked through the halls, and hoped that the art pieces had not fallen on the floor by mere accident. Instead, he saw the stone vampire was still "sleeping" on its embedded slab. He could still hear the sound rumbling everywhere. “Could it be?” said the owner to himself. “No, I must be imagining things.”

But it was no imagination. The owner walked closer toward the stone vampire. Shockingly, he was able to hear a heartbeat...

“Good God!” the owner gasped in frantic silence. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. There was no way that the stone vampire had a beating heart. He lowered his face closer toward the vampire's chest. He was right. The thing's heart was beating!

The owner stood back a little, calling out the security guard. But he didn’t seem to hear the cry or the vampire's heartbeat. “This is not possible,” the owner said to himself. “It isn’t!”

Then a few seconds later, the stone vampire carefully opened his eyes, and focused on the owner himself. The vampire’s fangs were being shown from both tips of his mouth. It rose from the slab slowly as it were a rock would roll over and over the cliff. The stone vampire had finally awakened from its slumber.

The owner used a ham-radio to call out his security guard. “Still, no answer. Damn it!" He tried to step back, wondering if this was all just a dream. But the dream became real, even for the owner of the museum. The stone vampire walked closer toward him and finally hissed in words like a snake.

“You musst be the owner," the stone vampire said.

The owner became silent. He wanted to shout or scream throughout the streets of Paris, saying that a stone vampire had come back to life.

“You… You were supposed to be asleep,” the owner sounded sarcastically with a quite shiver in his voice.

“That’s right,” the stone vampire said. “Since I came back.”

“Came back? Since when?”

“Since I was made by my creator.”

The owner realized that the stone vampire was actually talking about the mad sculptor. He knew the madness became true and this was the result, which ever brought upon his shoulders and the museum. No wonder people were so madly fallen in love with it.

“What... What is it you want?”

Instead of replying, the stone vampire gave a quick glance at the entire museum. It smiled and was fascinated by the finest works, which had been made by the creators themselves.

“Your museum is wonderful and spectacular,” the stone vampire said.

The owner didn’t know what to say, or even how to bring his words into description. The thought of facing a supernatural being which came back to life, had made him feel... edgy or to the brink of madness. He stood like a confident gentleman, hopefully waiting for the security guard to arrive as soon as possible.

As if woken up from a dazed sleep, the stone vampire looked back at the owner and said, “You asked what I want. Right?"

“Yes,” the owner answered.

The stone vampire walked around the halls slowly, making sure he didn't fall down. But the owner reminded him that the stone could not break, and that the vampire would not die along with it.

“I want blood,” the creature finally answered the owner's previous question.

“What?”

“You heard me. Not just any blood, but a human blood. I suppose you know what I’m talking about.”

“No… No! You are mad!”

The stone vampire smirked. He walked closer toward the owner, and stared at his eyes like he could see the depths of his dark soul.

“You wanted to know how I came back," the stone vampire said.

"Um..." the owner said, feeling afraid for his life. He so wished that the security guard had come here and end this nightmare, once and for all.

The stone vampire decided to explain his story. It happened when the sculptor had been turned into a madman, after the ruler of France didn’t accept his finest artworks, including the sculptures. He made the stone vampire after working so hard, day and night that it took even almost a year to complete it. People sometimes had referred the man as the “Mad Sculptor of Versailles.” Due to his madness, the French ruler finally accepted his art piece. But the sculptor felt he needed the stone vampire all to himself. After all, he was the one who made it. He never wanted anyone to have it, including the ruler of France. He needed it; he loved it than any live person in the whole world. If only King Louis accepted his previous artworks, the stone vampire wouldn’t have been made in the first place. So Louis ordered his guards to take the stone vampire away from the sculptor. The sculptor got very angry and that he cursed the king with such harsh words, “You will see one day that the stone vampire will drink every ounce of your blood!” When he said this, the king told the guard angrily to execute the sculptor in front of public.

The tragic tale sounded scary for the owner of the museum. When the French sculptor was executed, the guards had the stone vampire placed at one of Louis’ finest cathedrals. But there were news crying out all over the place. People said that the stone vampire came back to life, biting each person’s neck and drinking their blood. Horrified to realize the sculptor had been telling the truth, the king ordered his guards to dig the stone vampire deep into the Earth, where no one could find it. Until it was found by some foreign explorer.

“As you can see," the vampire continued, nearly finishing his dark tale. "I have wanted to exact revenge on the people who see me every day.”

“But... But why?”

“Haven’t I told you? The sculptor made me due to his madness. And because of his works were not accepted, I tend to kill every single human being who sees me!”

The owner gulped. "Even... Even me?"

“Why, yes. Of course. You seemed to enjoy my appearance, don’t you? Yet you think I’m the reason who gives you wealth in your precious hands.”

The owner was shocked; the words never sprang up from his mouth. There was silence in the hall. The stone vampire knew everything, including the people who saw him. Their names, the places they lived, the people whom they talk with each other. He heard everything even during his deep sleep.

All of this had made the owner think that there could be a way of an escape from this unexpected tragedy. He had an idea and thought it could save him.

“Wait,” the owner said. “I can do something for you, in exchange of my life.”

“And what would that be?” the stone vampire hissed.

The owner took a deep breath, wondering if the stone vampire would agree with such a plan. He calmed down his nerves and then told him.

“I can bring these visitors to you. You can drink their blood as much as you want. But please, spare my life.”

The stone vampire gave itself a hard laugh. He should have known this might happen any time soon. But the stone vampire liked it. He liked it a lot.

All of a sudden, the security guard came back and watched the stone vampire in horror.

“HOLY $H!T!" the guard cried out. "IT’S ALIVE!” He quickly pointed his gun towards the stone vampire.

“No!" The owner cried out, wondering if the vampire could be stopped by bullets. But it won’t happen obviously, since the creature was made out of pure stone.

The stone vampire walked toward the security guard. The guard shot several rounds. But the bullets only grazed through the stony chest, yet the tiny pieces came off a bit. The stone vampire raised his arm and whacked the security guard’s left shoulder. The guard cried out in pain, feeling the bones cracked up, which made his left arm unmovable. Then the stone vampire opened his mouth, and bit the left side of the guard's throat.

The guard screamed again. He could feel the blood, draining out of his circulatory system until he passed out like a dead rock.

The stone vampire turned back, facing toward the owner. The owner was shocked to see what had become of his security guard.

“As you were saying?” the stone vampire hissed.

The owner realized the stone creature had accepted his plan. He still wanted to ask so many questions, regarding his time throughout a few centuries. But the owner didn’t feel like asking at this instance, since he had to clean the mess up.

The stone vampire walked back toward its slab. He said, “You will bring them to me. Won’t you? Or else, you will be mine.”

The owner didn't have to reply to him. When the stone vampire finally closed its eyes and fell into a deep slumber, the owner walked slowly toward it. There was not a sound of a heartbeat.

“Damn it!" The owner said furiously, since he was entirely left "alone" in his museum. "He just killed my security guard. If I don't do something, I'll be found for murder and my career would be gone."

It was a hard decision for the owner to make. Because he wanted to make sure that the stone vampire was entirely safe. If he had tried to destroy it or even found a way, no one would ever visit his museum again. So the owner went toward the security guard’s body. He planned to burn it into ashes, so that nobody could find him, at least for the time being. He eventually decided not to hire another one at this point of time. But wondering how that could work, he may have to consider other options. He carefully lifted the body, and carried it to the safest hall, alone.

Next Story- Dial V.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@the_impersonator: Cool must say some of the vampire myth is is pretty cool. I remember finding a few obscure vampire stories when researching a few things. This story reminds me of something similar but I can’t put my finger on what.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: Thanks.

Yes, it's interesting to write a unique spin on the vampire myths.