Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- Flight of the Damned

I was on my way back home to Louisiana, New Orleans. My family had been waiting for me, ever since I left that place like a month ago. I had to work with top businessmen from around the world, Japan, Africa, France, and so on. It was no other business that had been done before. Hard work and dedication are what it counts.

I looked at the dark sky by the window. A pile of rain drops splattered down besides me and the other passenger. This passenger was a young lady, reading a women’s magazine. The light shone brightly under her face, so that she could the read every single detail of it. The thought came to me that my wife used to read one of these magazines called, O or Oprah magazine. Sometimes, she wished that she could appear on the TV show including me and the kids. I missed my kids by the way. They were young, and one of them now was going off to college. I surely couldn't wait to meet them. It’s been quite a while, yet I was still able to talk with them through a video software program called Skype.

While staring at the window, I began to notice a short figure, sitting on the right wing of the plane. I thought to myself that it was only a dream. People used to see such things which weren’t there, of course. But this was something which I hadn’t seen before, or rather I would say, unnatural. I must have drunk a lot of wine with my colleagues, ever since I came back from work. I looked carefully closer toward the window, trying to see who the short figure was. But there was no clear indication, whether the figure actually sat on the right wing, or trying to move away from it.

An air hostess interrupted me, if I needed a drink. I nodded and picked a glass of wine, which I placed it on the side of the table. My eyes focused back on the figure. But the small figure wasn’t there anymore. I must be really dreaming here.

I sipped the glass of wine into my mouth. Delicious as it was, I tried not to think of the figure who sat on the right wing a while ago. It was three hours until everyone slept on the plane. I knew it was the right time to sleep. Dozing off like a baby, the past thoughts came back to me, reuniting with my family.

A few seconds later, a knock on the window woke me up from my deepest sleep. I suddenly shook off, nearly waking the other young and beautiful passenger sitting besides me. I looked at the window again and saw a white, pale face who stared at me like some kind of ghost. Except that the strange thing or face wasn’t that of a ghost. But it was something... something which I might have seen or heard before. The creature revealed himself, grinning at me. A scary thought that this creature would do something to me in an instant, even without hesitation. But the creature itself was still outside the window, floating like a bird. This couldn't be possible. I thought, A creature flying? This was really strange. I looked around the plane, to see if anyone was asleep. They were still dozing off as usual.

The creature gave a scary smile upon his face. Then he revealed his white sharp teeth, from both sides of his mouth. I realized that the creature was…

I screamed with terror. The scream woke up the other passengers, including the young lady, sitting besides me. They were stunned to see what just happened here. One of the flight attendants came up to me and asked, “What’s the matter, sir?” I didn’t look at her. Instead, I looked at the window and noticed the... creature had disappeared.

I sighed. “Um. Nothing. It was just a bad dream. That’s all." Some of the passengers looked furious at this unwanted intrusion, and then went back to sleep. One of them, stared at me as if I went crazy. Was I crazy?

The flight attendant went back to her duties. The other passenger besides me, slept as before. I tried to sleep, but my eyes were not able to close. This was going to become a very rough night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was about to sleep, the same creature came back to the window. He still showed his wide smile and his fangs in front of me. I wanted to scream again and say the creature was outside the plane. But would these people believe me? I woke the young lady and told her the creature was staring at me.

“Were you drinking too much?” the young lady asked. She looked at the age of 30s. Her blonde hair went at the backside of her shoulders, and her striking eye-lashes shown towards the side of her eyes. She did look beautiful, alright.

“No, I only drank once.” But the truth was I did drank many, and strangely didn't seem to recall any of it.

The lady shook her head a little and went back to sleep. I didn’t know what was happening right now. I still wondered why a creature would fly outside the plane, and kept staring at me rather than so many people here. It didn’t make any sense. Unless… I was actually dreaming or seeing things. Maybe, I should stop drinking for now.

I still didn’t sleep and now the creature appeared outside the window. There wasn’t a sound coming from the creature itself. I wonder if it had taken the liking of me.

I thought, It's only a dream. I waited patiently, trying to think of the good things with my family. As I thought of them, a glass shattered through the window, and the creature’s white pale hands held my collar below my black suit. I screamed so high enough as if the whole world had woken up from a terrible nightmare.

Some of the passengers got up from their seats, grumbling. They came up to me, seeing that the window had not been broken. They told me that nothing had happened. But I shivered like a scared cat. I just couldn’t believe my eyes that these people had not seen this thing, except me.

“You have to believe me," I said. "The creature... It was flying outside the window. I just saw it!"

There were now two flight attendants coming to the aisle until they reached my spot. The young lady looked horrified that I gave out a loud scream, disturbing her good sleep.

“Mister..." one of the flight attendants said, and whom I have not seen before. "You need to calm down. There is nothing outside the window."

“No. It is here. I can still see it. I can...,” I paused. And then all of a sudden, the two flight attendants revealed their own fangs, including the passengers who had gotten up from their seats.

“It’s okay, mister," the other flight attendant said. "Everything will be fine. Just sit and relax."

“No. You are all… No. NOOO!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up from my own dream and saw everything went back to normal. It was indeed a horrible nightmare. Every passenger onboard was still asleep. I looked outside the window, and this time the creature didn’t appear. I didn’t know how to explain it, but the dream felt real. It was as if my life had been taken by the very creature itself.

As I dreamed peacefully about my family, a knock hit the window like three times. I opened my eyes and saw the creature came back. He gave that vicious smile again and his fangs. At that moment, I wonder when will I ever get out of this horrible nightmare, and return to my family in one peace.

Next Story- Elixir.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By SpidermanWins

I like the concept you have here. Good job, I'd like to see where this is going. Just add a bit more to the story, it seems like you have something interesting here but you just need a plot to continue with.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@SpidermanWins said:

I like the concept you have here. Good job, I'd like to see where this is going. Just add a bit more to the story, it seems like you have something interesting here but you just need a plot to continue with.

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. This is an actual anthology series if you noticed it earlier. Plus, there is no actual continuation to the story. These are short stories that leaves a reader, thinking what might happen next after the story ends. =P

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By SpidermanWins

@The Impersonator said:

@SpidermanWins said:

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. This is an actual anthology series if you noticed it earlier. Plus, there is no actual continuation to the story. These are short stories that leaves a reader, thinking what might happen next after the story ends. =P

Oh I see. Well it's a great short story then. You really do have me thinking about it. Nice job.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

@SpidermanWins said:

@The Impersonator said:

@SpidermanWins said:

Oh I see. Well it's a great short story then. You really do have me thinking about it. Nice job.

Thanks! :)

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

Edited.

The Impersonator