I have an idea for a comic and I would like some feedback.

Undead_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Undead_Hero

It would be about a teacher who needs some extra cash, so he decides to try going into the comic business. His friend works in a comic shop and for a while the protagonist tries to persuade his friend to help him along saying things like I know what I am doing, it'll go out with a bang, and eventually his friend helps him start to publish his work. After numerous issues have been distributed similar events start to appear in his neighborhood and he inevitably finds out what he writes will happen to him and his city. So, doing what anyone would do in that position, he makes himself a superhero who is all powerful. While this story arc of his is going on, his writing skills are lacking and he is losing fans and money. As he starts to become bored of being the Superhero who can't be beat, he decides to finally bring in a Super Villain to spice things up. He nearly comes to death after fighting his villain and decides to end his comic. (so the reader thinks) and...
One of the last pages will show him finishing writing and drawing his comic and we would zoom into the comic he drew and it would show his main character is holding a gun, and slowly puts it up to his head. We would then look back at our protagonist having a gun to his head and seconds before death the protagonist says, "I told you it would go out with a bang..." and he shoots himself.
But when you turn the page the panel would say, "Next time on (untitled story), THE DEAD WALK" and it would open up with him awaking in a coffin.

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By batman_is_god

I'd buy it.
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jotham

Not bad. So many twists, Shyamalan is jealous.

Undead_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Undead_Hero
@batman_is_god: Sweet!
Undead_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Undead_Hero
@Jotham: He would be sooo jealous
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Amegashita

Not bad, I would like to see how you would write it.

Undead_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Undead_Hero
@Amegashita: Yeah I am trying to get the right mood for it. The art is definitely a bump in this process but I want it all written first.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Zoom

Interesting in concept. 

Do you have something worked out for why what he draws comes true?
Undead_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Undead_Hero
@Zoom: Yes I do, I just didn't want to say everything if people weren't interested. It may change later if I think about a better reason. I am just glad to hear people think it is an interesting topic.