Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

It's smashing time!

No Caption Provided

Have you ever been hit with a hard block? Trying to come with a good story of your own and still nothing came up? Not even a crack? Well, I'll give you seven tips of how to HULK SMASH! that block.

Tip 1- Relax

No Caption Provided

If you came from work or school, you need to relax for some time. Your mind can be focused on full of things. It happens to any writer out there. You need a fresh mind to stay focus on your writing gig. Sleep, have a cup of hot tea or have a fun conversation with your best friend. Perform yoga. Walk outside and get some fresh air. Read a book. Have a Kit-Kat. Keep Fresh.

Tip 2- Get Inspired

No Caption Provided

This is kind of like the easy play. A lot of people get inspired from someone's work. But it's not that easy. It's not just reading a book but it's also learning how it was well-written. Get a book from your shelf, the library or the bookstore. Good novels and comic books can help you to write your own story. It also helps to develop your writing skills.

Tip 3- Write about you

No Caption Provided

This is like when someone was being asked for a job interview. Tell me about yourself. What did you do in your previous job position? Things like that. In this case, you can write the things you did for today and other days. Write different things about work, school, parties, etc. Think of it as an original draft or writing practice.

Tip 4- Imagine that...

No Caption Provided

A lot of people use their imagination these days. Writers do it all the time. Without imagination, it will be difficult to write a story. Imagination is a key to writing a good story. Think of it as a dream. People dream every night they sleep, whether it’s good or bad. You can write what happened in your dream. Even without dreaming, you can still imagine wild things on your head or use that dream to influence your way of thinking. Open your mind and let it travel to fantastic places. Let it free.

Tip 5- Do not procrastinate

No Caption Provided

This tip kind of relates to relaxation. But your goal is to write a story instead of doing something else. For example, you're working at an office and supposed to get the paperwork done, which is your top priority. Instead, you're reading a comic book or having a fun chat on Facebook. Why? Because you're feeling that paperwork is too much for you. You're so tired that you wanted to do something else. Writing is also a lot of work. Just because you have a writer's block, doesn't mean you can perform other tasks that much. Procrastination will stop you from writing any further. Just take a short break and come back what you loved to do most.

Tip 6- Write an Introduction

No Caption Provided

This tip always helped me to write a good story. There are people who may use this idea. Writing an introduction helps you to create a well-planned story. You're setting the stages of what you're going to write about. It acts like an oral presentation with main points and fresh ideas. Write a brief description about your story, characters, settings, and others, and you'll see the potential of a good story.

Tip 7- Keep writing

No Caption Provided

As for the last tip, keep writing. Do not let anything stop you from writing. Ignore the crumpled papers. Write, write, write and you will see the positive results coming from it.

These are the seven tips for avoiding the writer's block. Do not let the block keep blocking you. Just SMASH IT!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Impersonator said:

Tip 4- Imagine that...

No Caption Provided

A lot of people use their imagination these days. Writers do it all the time. Without imagination, it will be difficult to write a story. Imagination is a key to writing a good story. Think of it as a dream. People dream every night they sleep, whether it’s good or bad. You can write what happened in your dream. Even without dreaming, you can still imagine wild things on your head or use that dream to influence your way of thinking. Open your mind and let it travel to fantastic places. Let it free.

Tip 5- Do not procrastinate

No Caption Provided

This tip kind of relates to relaxation. But your goal is to write a story instead of doing something else. For example, you're working at an office and supposed to get the paperwork done, which is your top priority. Instead, you're reading a comic book or having a fun chat on Facebook. Why? Because you're feeling that paperwork is too much for you. You're so tired that you wanted to do something else. Writing is also a lot of work. Just because you have a writer's block, doesn't mean you can perform other tasks that much. Procrastination will stop you from writing any further. Just take a short break and come back what you loved to do most.

I failed.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

We need one of these.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

If you have any questions or comments regarding this topic, feel free to say it. :)

Note- Cap's comment was replied in private inbox. (This time, I'll answer it publicly. =P)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

have a couple of drinks...works for me

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

@wildvine: It definitely works. Try one. :)

@cattlebattle: That works too. (I shouldv'e added that one. =P)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cute

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Impersonator

@The Poet: thanks. =P

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#9  Edited By TheCannon

@The Impersonator THANK YOU!!!!!

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Trodorne

@The Impersonator: Great job on this

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice tips.

I would also say maybe talk to friends or other people about the ideas of your story,as its worth doing as they have an idea you never even thought of. And that's one of the perks of having a fan fiction section like this or join other forums where people have similar interests to you.

Also set a deadline or a rough target date for getting certain parts of you story written.

Make sure you enjoy what you are writing,writing should be more of a pleasure,if you dont enjoy what you are writing and the story then there is no point in telling it and working on it.

Its a good list.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Impersonator

@TheCannon: You're welcome! :)

@Trodorne: Thanks!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

@mrdecepticonleader: Thank you and well-said. :)

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twentyfive

Awesome post, my friend!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Impersonator

@Twentyfive: Thank you!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@The Impersonator said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Thank you and well-said. :)

No prob,this should be either anchored or put into the how to write thread.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Impersonator

@mrdecepticonleader: Hmmm....good idea. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By batkevin74

BUMPO!

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brump.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

This needs an edit read through. There's a couple spots where you've used the wrong word (I'm assuming it's due to typos) or there are missing words that make your sentence say the opposite of what was intended. Other than those minor things, this is really great.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I think too that an important way of breaking writers block is to write what you want, when you want. I made this mistake when I started writing, that I was focused on a particular story, and there are going to be time when you can burn through a story in a few days (my best was to write a 50 k story in about five days) but there are going to be times when this is not possible. In such a case, just write whatever to keep the words going. If you want to review classic literature, or write blog post on local politics or even write a "letter to the editor" of a newspaper then go ahead and do it. Just make sure before that you do it that you make some notes of the stuff that you were writing about.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

This needs an edit read through. There's a couple spots where you've used the wrong word (I'm assuming it's due to typos) or there are missing words that make your sentence say the opposite of what was intended. Other than those minor things, this is really great.

Hmmm...I didn't notice any of these minor things, which you mentioned. Anyway, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. =P

I think too that an important way of breaking writers block is to write what you want, when you want. I made this mistake when I started writing, that I was focused on a particular story, and there are going to be time when you can burn through a story in a few days (my best was to write a 50 k story in about five days) but there are going to be times when this is not possible. In such a case, just write whatever to keep the words going. If you want to review classic literature, or write blog post on local politics or even write a "letter to the editor" of a newspaper then go ahead and do it. Just make sure before that you do it that you make some notes of the stuff that you were writing about.

Well said. Sometimes, I also get that feeling of trying to come up with more words to write the story.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: I think it is one of the biggest traps. I have written fan fic on this site that is one year separated from the previous installment.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Impersonator

@razzatazz said:

@the_impersonator: I think it is one of the biggest traps. I have written fan fic on this site that is one year separated from the previous installment.

I see. I can't imagine that. Unless, there are other things which you have to do besides writing stories. You could be right though, it might be one of those things where a person can't write enough words. There's also this thing called repetition of describing the story into different words. That's another thing we should avoid at all times.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Oh I don't mean like that, I just mean that it is important for writers to write, no matter if it is creative fiction or not. Getting words going is the most important of anything.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CapFanboy
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the real Impersonator. =P

Wait....does that mean he's impersonating someone?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Impersonator

@capfanboy said:

@the_impersonator said:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

It's me, Cappie. The real me. =P

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfanboy said:

@the_impersonator said:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

BUT ARE YOU IMPERSONATING YOU?!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator said:

@capfanboy said:

@the_impersonator said:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

BUT ARE YOU IMPERSONATING YOU?!

Yeah...I guess you could say that. =P

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for renisaamidala32
renisaamidala32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the advice. With this I can fight writer's block.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the advice. With this I can fight writer's block.

You're welcome.