Help with FanFic?

thejo3meister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm doing a short fanfic about Red Hood (Jason Todd) and i wanted to know good source material to understand Todd's personality (post-mortem obvs), I was thinking about picking up Red Hood and the Outlaws but obviously a person is going to need multiple references and sources to get a feel for a charcacters backstory, abilities, and personailty so if any of you comic book fans out there know of good Red Hood comics/graphic novels please let me know and thanks

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

@thejo3meister: Jason Todd is a special case because he doesn't really have a consistent personality between the writers that have used him. You'd probably have to pick whichever portrayal of him you like most and make the necessary changes from him. RHATO has been a bit screwy ever since Tynion wiped away Jason's memory (I think that was his way of undoing Lobdell's depiction without having to explain why the new Jason Todd is different from the old).

I would personally start out by reading the full wikis of the character then look for any of Judd Winick's work on him and watch Batman: Under the Red Hood. From there you should have a good enough feel for the character. I'd would also recommend reading up on Battle for the Cowl, some fans think this version of him is too whiney but I personally love the story.

Comicvine

DC.Wikia

Titanstower

You might find better wikis of him but these are the ones I've enjoyed reading most.