Help Me To Complete This Roster

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

Hey, viners! I'm on Winter break, so I have more time on my hands than usual. I want to practice my script writing skills, so I'm writing a screenplay for the origin of the Justice League. The basic concept so far involves an alliance between Felix Faust and Darkseid. While Darkseid thinks that he's in charge and leading a hostile takeover of Earth, Felix Faust is actually manipulating him to summon--Cthulhu!

Here's my problem. Even though I'm bound to be working with a lot of characters, I want to keep the story character-driven. I want to have character development for each of the heroes and I may want to use members of their supporting casts, i.e. Jim Gordon, General Lane, etc. Thus, I'm limiting myself to five founding members in this movie. If I ever write a sequel, I may expand the league to be much larger.

So far, I know that I want to use Superman and Batman because I think that they're central to the league mythos, and they have large fanbases and wide name recognition. I also want to include Wonder Woman and Cyborg because they are two of my favorite characters and they add diversity to the team. I am not changing these four members out with anyone else, which means that I have one open spot left on the team. I was thinking about filling the last spot with either the Flash or Aquaman, but I don't care who fills it out, so I'll let you guys choose! All of the heroes will be established heroes, so this won't be an origin story for any individual hero. The heroes will all be in their late twenties (27-29), and the story is set in modern day.

The only caveat is that the fifth spot cannot be filled with a Green Lantern for three reasons: 1) I strongly dislike like Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner and don't care much about the other two human lanterns, 2) I think that GLs should be too busy to join a team on Earth, 3) Picking one Earth Lantern will piss off fans of the other three Earth Lanterns.

So to summarize, my roster looks like this:

1. Superman (Clark Kent)

2. Batman (Bruce Wayne)

3. Wonder Woman (Diana of Themyscira)

4. Cyborg (Victor Stone)

5. ????????

And I want your suggestions for a fifth member. Please give me a reason why your selection should be on the team, and thank you all for your responses!

No Caption Provided
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Interesting idea. My suggestion for a fith member would be Zatanna because firstly it ties into the mystic nature of the threat that has bought the JLA together, secondly the team could use a mystical member to combat magical threats. Thirdly, another female member on the team balances out any sexism criticisms and finally she could be involved with one of the league members, personally I think Batman but that's just my own idea.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Barry Allen- Forensic scientist, team player, and quite powerful to say the least.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Delphic

@Lvenger said:

Interesting idea. My suggestion for a fith member would be Zatanna because firstly it ties into the mystic nature of the threat that has bought the JLA together, secondly the team could use a mystical member to combat magical threats. Thirdly, another female member on the team balances out any sexism criticisms and finally she could be involved with one of the league members, personally I think Batman but that's just my own idea.

It was a tough choice, but ultimately you do need at least one member experienced with Magic.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Superdork

@Lvenger said:

@Delphic said:

@Lvenger said:

It was a tough choice, but ultimately you do need at least one member experienced with Magic.

Doesn't Wonder Woman deal with magical threats all the time (i.e. Circe, the Olympian Gods, etc.)? Plus if they need to solve a mystery on how to beat Cthulhu, it would be more compelling to see the Dark Knight do research on ancient magic with Wonder Woman to figure it out. What irks me about Zatanna is her look. It doesn't really say superhero, and she looks a lot like Wonder Woman.

Having heroes who are not super familiar with magic brings a heightened sense of danger to the story. If you want another person with some knowledge of sorcery, use Aquaman. He even has the added diversity of being a blonde. =P He's not overly powerful, so he probably wouldn't be too hard to write. His issue is that he still has a little while to go before he overcomes his stigma. For an audience who doesn't know much about the JL, you probably want a more recognizable and likable hero.

Barry Allen wouldn't be a bad choice. He's got a good sense of humor to help bring in that summer blockbuster feel. He also brings a new power set to the team. Plus he has more name recognition and a bigger fanbase than many of DC's other heroes. He would definitely open up your viewing audience--were this movie to ever be made. His issue is that he may be more difficult to write.

Other heroes who could work are Fire, Ice, Doctor Fate, and Martian Manhunter.

My vote is for Barry Allen.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain13

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Etrigan the demon maby for handling the magick, but dunno if his in the league cant remember.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Captain13

Bump

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CapFanboy

@Captain13: Green Arrow? - From your team you don't seem to have an underpowered street-level character. Green Arrow could serve as a distraction if you need one during a battle. There's also the "him vs batman" angle you can work with.