Hellworld: The Rising Tide #1

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

Damian Court exhaled the smoke from his cigar slowly and luxuriously. He had had to trade five gallons of water for this luxury, so he was determined to enjoy it. Granted, the water had been filled with radiation, but still.

"Boss. Everything is in place. We've got our guys in position, ready to move whenever you say so." Big Mike informed his leader.

Damian nodded his head slowly. This raid on Fresno town had been in the works for months now. For months he had been gathering followers and people willing to kill for profit. He'd spent considerable time training them and he felt they were ready. Well ready enough. He even thought of a name for them. The Mason's Guild. Their mark was a sword and hammer in an X formation. They were not as famous as other guilds from Vegas like the White Dogs or nearly as large or feared, but they were growing in power and resources. Now, it was up to him, the guild master to make sure all of their hard work wasn't in vain.

A few months back, a lady friend of his had made the trip to Fresnotown to see about purchasing a few things she knew they'd have. That was when she discovered the huge storehouse of water that Denzel Hellcaster and his men were hoarding. And she'd been lucky enough to find out that Hellcaster had more of those lying around the town too. But apparently the others were very well protected. This information would prove very useful to Damian in his endeavors.

Damian dropped the cigar and stomped it out. "Commence the raid then." Damian ordered. Now it was Big Mike's turn to nod.

"Yes, sir." He uttered before scurrying off. Damian had brought along a small group of his best fighters, twelve men in total. He had too snipers on the roof of a building facing their target and two men covering each exit. His men lay in wait by the front door, back door and the side door, waiting for an Order that was already on its wait.

When they heard the news, his men didn't hesitate. They immediately unsheathed their swords, the few that could afford it had pistols at the ready. When Big Mike delivered the signal, the men kicked in the door and rushed in side. The storehouse was empty except for the water. Half of Damian's strike team went to load the water up, and the other half went to clear the rest of the building.

With Big Mike leading the way, the Masons cleared all the levels of the building until they reached a room at the end of their final hallway. The last room left before they could really count the building as "clear." Big Mike gripped the door knob and twisted. And then he died as he opened the door and the bomb that had been rigged detonated right there, taking out the men he'd brought along with him.

----

Damian heard a rustling among the leaves. He spun around, with his pistol raised. It was Hellcaster. The man didn't look anything like how he was described. Average height, average build, brown hair, brown eyes. The only distinguishing mark was that scar that cut across his face. From the corner of his left forehead, to the bottom of right cheek.

"Hellcaster." Damian said in greeting.

"Court. " Denzel replied shortly. Hellcaster motioned behind him and one of his men emerged from the shadows, holding a woman in front of him as a hostage.

"We caught the little birdie you sent into our midst. " Hellcaster stated without emotion. "Would you like her back? "

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnjo719: Kind of hoping you change this a bit. Another mercenary group fighting the power kind of feels like "Lex Hard in Hellworld." Then again, this world is kind of set up to perpetuate that. So call me out for the next one. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Somethings going down in Fresnotown!

Hellworld expands

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on doing this from different points of view that should help with the Lex comparison

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: I did notice that the Rising Tide is also on your Lex Hard stuff...

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Specific chapter wass not really supposed to have it on. I was experimenting with different titles in the same document as I write the Lex stories(i have them all in one thing. Why? Idk it's just better for me?)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped