Hellion's Journey 4: See Who I Am

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By KumoriKunoichi

She was here. The one girl who scared me since the first day I met her was here in front of me. She killed people, she tortured others, and she was not afraid to harm other people, so I thought. Laura, X-23 was freaky, terrifying and utterly insane. I knew she never wanted to, but she did. 

That made me care for her even more. I turned her over on her back and placed Laura's unconscious figure on my lap using my TK, getting rid of my hands.I looked at Gambit. "What happened to her?" 

He shrugged. "We had just escaped from Sinister, ja? An' Laura here met someone who looked like her 'n the two of them duked in out. Then it turned into a d'mon and sa' somethin' bout her soul before slashing her to pieces. Petite took on helluva blow, and I didn' fare so well myself." Remy removed his trench coat to reveal a large slash wound. Julian looked up at him but Gambit placed his hand in front. " 'M fine mate. B't I don't know what happen to the fraulein. First time I ever saw her cry though. Mon ami, she was callin for ya." 

I blinked and stared at Laura's body. Without warning, I found myself throwing my arms around her and letting out a tear. I turned to Gambit. "I hate to ask this but can you give us a minute?" 

He shrugged. "Ahh l'amour. Y' be a good boy now, 'less you want Logan t' flay ye alive."  Gambit walked further away. 

I looked back at the unconscious girl and sat up again, forming my TK hands and placing it in hers. "Laura. X-23. It doesn't matter to me. You were created as the clone of a killer whereas I was born as the rich son of a stuck up couple. I was arrogant and I had everything while you...you had nothing. But it doesn't matter because we're not different at all. You and me, we've been walked on forever by people we trusted...but I'm not leaving your side anymore. Together..we're always together." 

"Oh please, you're a damn candidate for an Oscar. Don't make me sick, Keller." I turned my head and noticed blood on Daken's claws.  

"Would it kill you for two seconds to let me have a moment with her!? Goddammit Daken why are you appearing every ten seconds?" 

What a shock. The trademark Daken laugh. "I got a call from my father..unfortunately. I told him where you guys are and he's coming to get you. Just thought you'd know. And don't worry about Sinister. He's dead...for now at least." 

Was this guy really helping us out or was he being crazy? I voted for the latter but shrugged it off. Take what I get I guess. "Thanks. Um...want your sunglasses back, man?" 

"Keep em, I have 600." He let out a half-assed wave and walked away. 

I turned back to Laura and leaned against her..would it hurt if I tried to kiss her ..no..what was I thinking..did I really..ok..maybe I do love her. Or think I do.. I leaned in only to see her open her eyes. 

"You do know I have been awake this entire time? Your speech was..rather fascinating, Julian." 

I fell backwards and landed in the sand. "Laura..um..just now I swear I wasn't trying ..well..okay so maybe I was..but..the thing is I-I-I." Yes. That's right, Julian. Stammer like an idiot.  

Laura stood up weakly and sat down next to me. "You need to breathe, it is not good to be tense."  

I formed my TK hands and grabbed her arms. "Laura." Ok. That's a start. Say her name. 

She raised an eyebrow but turned her head and I swore I saw her blushing. "I am.. embarrassed. Most people think someone like me does not get like that but..I am embarrassed." 

"Laura! You're not a killer. You're the nicest person I've ever met and you're one of the most compassionate people I know. You're my friend..my best friend and..." 
Laura turned her head and looked directly at me. "J..Julian what are..do not stare at me like that. I am not a normal person, you should know that. I..am evil. I could probably kill you within seconds and---" 

"I wouldn't care. Laura, you're my best friend. You ARE good." I wrapped her in a tight hug, smiling at her expression of shock. Eventually she smiled and leaned into it. "Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. They're idiots. Besides, I just killed someone myself and got kicked off of Utopia. So I'm no better." 

"You..Killed?" 

I nodded. "Omega Sentinel asked me to, but then everyone on Utopia tried killing me, even Santo. They blamed you for changing me..I'm sorry they..." 

"You have changed me, Julian. I do not understand, but..when I think of good in this world, I think of you. Perhaps it is love, I do not know." 

I smiled. "What do you think it is, Laura?" 

"Whatever you want it to be, Julian." 

I planted a kiss on a forehead and held her tightly. I never thought I'd see the day coming where I would have an emotional talk with Laura Kinney, aka X-23. After all we've been through, everyone who's hurt us and every person that has ever screwed us over, you would think it would all stop. But it won't it never will. And we knew that. We knew nothing would ever change because we wanted it to. We would just have to make it change ourselves. 

Laura and I turned to face each other and without intending to....our faces grew closer and our lips barely touched when a loud  "Hey, bub! Keep your hands off of X or I'll send you home in pieces," came from the background. I let out an exasperated sigh when Laura leaned in and planted her lips on mine lightly and quickly. "Did..you dislike it?" 

I smiled and held her tighter. "Did you?" 

A smile. It was odd to see but beautiful and tragic at the same time. "I had asked you first, Julian." 

"I di--" 

"Would you stop making time with my daughter and get your ass over he--" 

Gambit's voice came from the background. " 'Et em be, Mon Ami. Petite waited for this for a long time. So did he." 

A loud growl. "I swear if you do anything and get her pregnant Keller, I will castrate you!" 

Ugh why did he have to be an ass. "I'm not going to do that. She's special to me, now would you shut up? Having a tender moment over here!"  

"Keller learn some respect you--" 

"Logan," Laura said. "It is alright. This is..what I want." 

Why the heck was everybody interrupting everyone? It was getting annoying.  

"Very well, let's get you somewhere, will ya? That's right LeBeau, you're coming with. We're getting some food."  

==An Hour Later== 

"Logan and Remy went out to get Chinese." I lied down on the couch that was in this hotel room that the four of us were sharing, Laura in arms.  
She looked into my eyes. "You're really not afraid of me?" 
 Smile. Again. "Why would I be?" 

I kissed her forcefully and to my surprise she responded equally. 

Perhaps that is love. I do not know.

manofsteel42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By manofsteel42

Awesome! More! More! (& some more of Daken)