Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Dark King

Year: now

Inside a large corporate pharmaceutical building a man stands looking outside his window at the city below, falling apart crime running rampant due to the massive lay offs and the taking of factories overseas leaving americans to suffer the  consequences of capitalism and creed. His name is  Benjamin  Eastwood and he has lived in this city his whole life give or take a year or two for travel. His parents were killed during a home robbery at his mansion, at least that is what the police kept saying But, he knows that isnt true. He was 8 when it happen, he saw the killer and locked eyes with him as he turned and left during the night. He remembers walking in and seeing both his mother sprawled out on the bed blood everywhere.

Those blue eyes since then have haunted his nightmares, to him it was more than a burglary motivated by hate or so he believes. It is the only reason he can think of why some one would kill his mother and father. His Mother being a scientist all she ever did was research and help develop genetic treatments for various diseases, it was during the human Genome Project everyone was looking to be the 1st to unlock the human Genome and patent every little thing. His Father was an automobile owner who ran his own factory he help give jobs to the city.

His Mother's patents and various research transferred over to him as soon as they died he inherited the family wealth and automobile factories which helped him build his empire at a very young age. There has been times when he has wanted to abandon this city and leave it to it's own ends for what it took from him, his Mother and Father, his Family. Then he sees the poor unfortunate people down below the elderly woman walking down the street with her grocery bag barely able to live with her social security if that is what one calls living. The single Mother who holds her kids hand as they walk past the drug dealers and disrespectful men who whistle and holler at her, that's when he remembers he isnt the only one who has suffered inside this city.

Having done enough contemplating he heads to his closet hitting a hidden panel on the side which reveals a hidden room behind the closet and inside it a grotesque costume designed to scare any who see it. Making sure his Office door is closed he dons his costume his feral  kevlar mask with varius modes of visual gadgets, his Kevlar fur trimmed vest and his razor sharp tip gauntlets, a hydrolic grapple gun, throwing blades, and riot gas as well as his 15 minute rebreather ready he dons his his dark ragged like trench coat. People around here call him the Hellhound, Gear City's Watch Dog, The Dark Hunter. Few ever get a clear glimpse at him which has resulted in him becoming an urban myth. Some believe he is a Werewolf, a Demon, no one knows for sure but what they do know is that he attacks only the wicked mutilating them and sometimes even killing them.

Fully dressed he heads up to the roof exiting the building behind the large Neon company sign, "Genome." Looking down Hellhound jumps using his coat to bleed off some of the momentum while using his grappling gun to fire to the next building to  arc the fall bleeding the rest as he swings across to the next building disengaging his grapple gun he digs his razor claws to the wall as he slides down toward the street creating a loud screeching sound that announces his arrival. Many of the petty criminals upon hearing it run off inside their buildings or drive away hoping to not run into the Hellhound.

It's time for Hellhound to prowl the night as he drops inside an alley, his boots splashing water as he lands, his coat draped as he crouches down hidden by the shadows... quietly he looks around his mask having small round reflectors above his eyes which make it appear as eye shine to scare the ignorant and guilty. he walks out of the alley and covers up his head with his coat's hood while buring his clawed hands in his pockets while he strolls the streets. Bums sleeping in their alley stare at the strange man walking bye ignoring him as they take swigs from their bottled hooch. Hellhound sees a group of men coming out of an alley as a woman walks by he knows what they are thinking easy prey as they quitely stalk her. The men begin to whistle at her making her feel uncomfortable as she hurriedly walks away, Hellhound walking behind the group of men going unnoticed as he approaches.

The woman spinning around reaches into her purse and pulls out her pepper spray...

Man: ooh, we're scared..hahaha..

The Woman's eyes grow wide in terror as she sees the stranger behind the men as he pulls out his clawed hands from his pockets reaching toward the shoulder of one of the men.

Hellhound: you should be.(muffled voice)

Immediately Hellhound throws one of the men against the wall, the others turning around pulling guns, the woman running away the 1st chance she gets screaming. The Men open fire, Hellhound ducking using one of the men as a shield while dropping one of the gas canisters and donning his rebreather. his hood falling off exposing his feral animal mask moving too fast and covered by the smoke the men have a hard time seeing Hellhound as their eyes tear up. Hellhound's mask lens covering keeps his eyes save while he moves through gutting the men, breaking bones and disarming the remaining few. Men and Women from the neighborhood look out their windows hiding behind their curtains as they watch what is happening. The smoke clearing as they witness a large fur covered creature with a trench coat and an animal face covering himself up as he places his hood over his head walking into a near by alley swallowed by the shadows and vanishing.. the only evidence that he is real is the maimed and dead bodies on the street. Hellhound using the alley to cover his withdrawal from the scene using his grappling gun to reach the roof taking one last look at his handy work before running off leaping from building top to building top.

Late night News.

reporter: As you can see behind me there was once again another attack from the hellhound.
Leaving 2 men dead and 3 critically injured.
i have with me a witness to the incident.
can you tell me what happen here, Ma'am.

Woman: i was walking home from work when i was accosted by these men.
i was scared but then something appeared behind them.
it was large some kind of animal man with claws, fangs wearing a coat, i could see it's fur beneath it.
his eyes glowing beneath it's hood, i screamed and all of a sudden it attacked the men who started firing at it.
i then ran away...

Neighbor witness: umm.. yeh.
i wanna give a shout out to my baby's momma, Kesha!
Hi Boo!

and i just wanna say that i saw the whole thing.. man was that thing freaky as sh#$!
had to have bn a werewolf or something..
They must have shot the thing like 15 times but it just kept clawing at them like nothing.
it was off the Hook, son!

Neighbor witness # 2: yes, i saw the whole thing..
the thing just stood there watching the men dying as the smoke cleared, you could see the evil hate in it's eyes..
the thing aint human it came straight out of hell to claim the wicked souls.
i tell you it's evil..

Neighbor Witness # 3: man, you dont know what you're talking about.
that thing saved the woman's life and it only goes after criminals, like murderers and rapist and whatnot!
The Hellhound Rocks!

Reporter: This is Gregory Jackman with the eleven O'clock news.

THe television screen fades out to black (click)

..............................................................................................

time: Morning

Board members: Mr. Eastwood, i am not sure what it is you want us to do here.

Benjamin Eastwood: simple Gentlemen, i want you to invest in the neighborhood.
buy property rebuild homes, and buildings.

Board Members: and why would we do that?
this city is falling apart better to move on and let it occur.

Benjamin Eastwood: b/c we can stop it.
look at it as an investment.
you an buy the property cheap get tax cuts from the city.
you can even reinvest in the community by purchasing banks helping small business grow in the community...

Board Members: you have to be crazy to think that will work look at the crime rate.

Benjamin Eastwood: you're not seeing the big picture.

Board Members: what big picture.

Benjamin Eastwood: this "Hellhound" is running off all the criminals out of  the neighborhoods soon there wont be any left.
that's when we move in rebuild reassert control over the neighborhood hire security have  police presence to keep them out once and for all.
We can do this again and again till we take back the city from the criminals.

Board Members: your big picture is the Hellhound, the urban myth?

Benjamin Eastwood: Myth or not gentlemen, he is scaring away the criminals.(turns on television)

Board Members: i dont know, we'll have to think about it.
you ask alot, the risk is just too high for many of us to jump into this lightly

........................................................................................................................

Benjamin reliving the meeting in his mind annoyed that these men are unwilling to help the community, Ben training in his private gym exercising on his treadmill finishing up as he steps off using a towel to wipe the sweat from his face. Ben walking to a refrigerator as he pulls out a small vial and syringe and prepares an injection for himself placing it in his bicep he stabs the needle and pushes down the plunger the clear liquid travels into his blood stream.

He has trained all his life physically and mentally to prepare himself yet it was never enough there was physical limits placed on his human body that no amount of training could overcome even from the finest  human specimen. That's when he turned to science and his company at 1st using new unpatented and unregistered growth hormones and steroids but it still wasnt enough, that's when he did some research into his Mother's notes and patents she was able to help create various vaccine's using donor blood from an unknown source. She manage to isolate key genetic sequence from the DNA strands and from it and discovered that it was a pure human sample without any genetic abnormalities, it was perfect. He never knew where his Mother got the sample but he was able to find it years later in a cold storage unit in the company lab forgotten by everyone but him, he was lucky that the sample survived as long as it did without someone throwing it out.

He read his mother's notes and put himself to work cloning the blood to make more samples for experimentation working alone it was difficult for him having to learn as problem arose using his mother's research and online sites to guide him in his quest.  At 1st he used the blood to create certain vaccines for himself to inoculate himself and patented some of them that he felt the world was ready for, Later he thought about using the blood to re sequence his DNA using a retrovirus to cut and paste key sequence into his DNA.

There was already experimental trials with re sequencing DNA on leukemia patients he simply expanded on it, his 1st course treatment nearly killed him leaving him bed ridden for several days fighting off a fever while his body chemistry was altered. It took time and many treatments but he is almost finally done his final injection will fully rewrite his DNA removing all genetic flaws and in his eyes making him not just peak human which he already was but a true superhuman perfect in every way capable of breaking every human limitation in strength, agility, durability and constitution.

It is the only way one can do what he does, A man even a peak athlete could not survive long in the streets without putting a heavy strain on their body shortening their life spans and each day being more susceptible to injury less than half a decade would be all one could hope for. There have bn Vigilantes in the past all of them caught or killed, the last one called himself the Night-bat. He had claimed to have studied all the worlds MA's yet, he was still shot and beaten to death by someone calling himself the Critic . He mocked him while he beat him to death with a crowbar. I'm sure Night-Bat thought how it could happen to him, he had dodged bullets wore kevlar knew martial arts but, all it takes is one bad day, one miss step and someone who isnt afraid of you and not all the training nor weapons in the world can save you when it's your time.

Turns out after the fact that Night-Bat was some a rich 28 year old kid who had lost his parents during a mugging, he used all his fortune and company resources to fight crime. The final nail on his coffin was that his business and family fortune was confiscated seized by the police and F.B.I. leaving many without a job adding to the unemployment.  The Critic soon after finished off all his remaining friends, apparently it could have all been avoided if the Night-Bat would have killed the Critic when he had the chance months prior but, due to some warp ethic code of Vigilantism and a broken legal system the Critic came back.

...............................................................................................................

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King

The Critic was the 1st one i went after, he had terrorized the city for several months the police nor the F.B.I. could find him, they weren't looking hard enough. I dont think they wanted to the people too afraid were no help either. As soon as i had recovered from my 1st genetic treatment i went after him donning my mask coat and vest, i terrorized the streets breaking drug dealers and scum till they gave me what i wanted.

On the roof top i watched the scum beneath me walking by selling their drugs the prostitutes picking up johns, the police driving though with a blind eye to what's around them. I leapt down from the roof into the dark alley and pull out a Bola ball attached to a rope, it was before i had my grapple gun. I watched the drug dealer leaning beneath a light post smoking his cigarette selling his product to passing cars. As soon as the car left i roped him around the throat the bolas breaking his teeth as i dragged him off the streets into the alley before anyone could see.

The Hellhound: tell me everything you know...

Drug Dealer: i dont know anything(cough/bleeding)

i rake my claws across his face slicing it up as he attempts to scream while i choke him.

The HellHound: tell me about the Critic..

Drug Dealer: the guy's insane.
he runs everything the hookers, the drugs, pawn shops everything.
he even has dirty cops working for him.

The Hellhound: where can i find him?

Drug Dealer: no one really knows, he just shows up from time to time..

The Hellhound: dont lie to me..

Drug Dealer: i'm not..

The Hellhound: than you're no use to me..

Drug Dealer: pls dont kill me.
some ppl thing he hangs out over at the docks near a bar.
It's called the one eye, it's all i know, i swear..

The Hellhound: what do you sell, Weed, coke, acid?

Drug Dealer: whatever the customer want, Heroine, crank mostly..

The Hellhound: too bad..(crack's his neck).

It was the 1st time i had killed someone but i couldnt let him leave and warn anyone about me. The police would have dragged him to jail and he be out in a day, that's the problem with Vigilantism. You can beat and gift wrap them for the cops but without witnesses, it does them no good. After all if you could rely on the system you wouldnt need vigilantes. I cover myself up with my hood bury my hands in my pocket as i make my way through the street passing the hookers and their unwanted services before finally making it to my car a few blocks down. It doesnt look like much rusted spots everywhere, cheap paint, torn seats inside but what you dont see is the engine, the bullet proof, glass, tires and body armor, anti theft security.. i get in and tint the windows, slide over the radio cover exposing state of the art onboard computer. I drive to the docks park my car in an isolated area while i lift the back seat exposing my weapon's cache, i grab a taser (you never know when it might be useful), smoke and explosive grenades and throwing spikes.

I should grab a gun but  i try to make my killing as silent as possible but you never know, i grab a small compact Uzi holstering it behind my waist beneath my coat. The bullets are a new composite plastic rounds designed to shatter upon impact and reduce accidentally hitting innocent bystanders. I wait in the shadows observing seeing what i can learn, as i watch late night dock workers getting off from the night shift probably Union working for the Mob. but, that's for another time not today, today i am looking for the sick bastard that has bn terrorizing the city placing explosives near schools and hospitals all for some cheap laughs. I decide to check the various warehouses the ones that look suspicious, no company names nor workers the ones that look like they should be abandoned or locked up.

I find what i am looking for, one of the warehouses has a plume of smoke coming out leaving a strange chemical smell in the air. I don't like it, i climb to the roof to look into the skylight. I see various men of questionable characters working wearing medical mask as they cook their drugs, barrels and tanks of explosive chemicals. The man in charge standing atop the stares covered by the shadows orders his men about, it's him i can tell the ratty clothing he is wearing old outdated suits from the 4o's only place you can find them is at missionaries and grandma's basement.

The Critic: Hurry up, Gentlemen.
we have costumers waiting for their orders to be filled.
drugs, explosives and the promise of crime, it's what makes this country so grand.

Hmm... i watch assessing the situation and my chance of success counting the men and weapons and contemplating blowing up the tanks wiping everyone out in one big explosion and i listen to the lunatic as he gloats and rants.

The Critic: Poor Habib is expecting this shipment.
his brother kidnapped taken from his home in the middle of the night all b/c he doesn't want McDonald and opposes dictatorship and the current occupation of his country.
you see gentlemen  i do care about the little ppl. (smiles)

Now Gentlemen if you'll excuse me.
i'm off to the bar for a little night cap.
hopefully find me a lil Jezebel to keep me company.(heads toward the door)

i watch and i decide to act i pull out my grenade pouch pulling the clip as i drop it into the warehouse and run off the roof jumping away hoping to avoid the explosion.
i look behind me as i tug and roll from the jump to see the Critic exiting unaware of what is about to happen, i can only imagine the confusion inside as they see the grenades rolling on the floor and shock as they realize what is about to happen. The explosion rocks the docks igniting the gas and explosives inside turning it into an inferno, The critic having been blown forward surviving the explosion with mild injuries...

The Critic: i told those fools. No smoking!
why cant i ever find good help?

The critic looks up as two boots step forward and answers his question....

The hellHound: b/c they're a direct reflection of your leadership.

The Critic: ooh, let me guess, The Wolf-Man.(smiles)
em i close?

The Hellhound: No.

The Critic: i gotta say  your a vast improvement over the last one.
takes real brass to kill.
something the last one lacked.
tell me are you a World Martial Artist as well?

I kick him across the mouth breaking his jaw as i watch him stand up and hold his mouth..

The Hellhound: you tell me..

The Critic reaches for a gun inside his coat only for me to use my taser 1st as i watch him seize up.

The Critic aahhh!!
that, that... arrghhh!! (drooling)
that hurt,,

i reach into his coat and take the gun away from him while he is incapacitated. i think about letting him live, i probably would have if not what he does next.. he smiles reaching into his pocket pulling vials of acid tossing them at me, i use my coat to avoid it as it eats the fabric. i break his hands for that, the whole time the sick f#$% smiles at me as he tries to joke with his broken jaw.

The Critic: you see i am really a nice guy, i only kill those that deserve killing those that irritate me.
The school teachers, lawyers, cops, politicians... you know the scum of society.
you and i are on the same team, you just dont know it yet.
We're conscientious killers.

you give ppl a title and position of authority and you see them abuse it.
they are worse than the criminals, the drug dealers, the murderers, and the hookers....you get my point.

i ignore his rant, i only have a few minutes left before police or fire department arrives. The man is a joke harmless when you remove the guns, explosives from him only a fool would consider this man a threat even with a crowbar. i gut him with my claws ripping out his intestines as he watches i put them in his hand as i drop him so he can bleed to death.

The Critic: i'm dying?..(confused)
it was just... a game...... fun..

The Hellhound: only to you.

I run off past the various warehouses using the shadows and roof tops to get past the gathering ppl, i can hear the sirens blaring as they approach. i get in my car and watch the fire trucks and police to drive past me unnoticed before i turn on the engine and head back toward the city.