ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hawker vs. Sharpshot #3

All characters are original characters owned by Impurest Cheese...except for Sharpshot. he's owned by @tommythehitman.

Missed Last Issue? Catch up here

Cargo Plane, Somewhere over the Central African Republic

Sharpshot reclined on the only row of seats in the cargo plane, a can of cheap beer and a bag of peanuts sitting in the bucket next to him. After a few choice words, not to mention the promise of a lot of cash on arrival in Botswana, the ivory smugglers whose plane he was currently in had agreed to fly him to his destination right under the noses of customs and immigration.

"Mr er Sharpshot," The plane's engineer, a man of Algerian descent dressed in cotton trousers, a blue T-Shirt and a tool belt stammered, "As per your request we will inform you when we reach Botswanan airspace. I assume you will want to contact your people on the ground."

" I'm going to level with you all. But what's most important now is that you remain calm because guess what I brought a bomb on board." Sharpshot snickered, as the engineer narrowed his eyes.

"Surely you are joking Mr. Sharpshot?" The engineer asked, his hand moving towards the screwdriver on his belt.

"Don't call me Shirley!" Sharpshot cried, "But seriously that always makes me feel better. I'm kind of a nervous flier, hence why I brought the bucket." He added, tapping the bucket with his fingers. Shaking his head the engineer stalked back to the cockpit whilst muttering curse words in Arabic under his breath.

Snickering to himself Sharpshot removed a holdall from under the seat, unzipped the top and pulled out a laptop. Cracking his knuckles he opened up a saved MyVideo search and shot a smile to the three men shooting him odd looks from the cockpit. "Yeah I know research is nerdy but it's the digital age, nerds are in." He muttered before clicking on a video titled, 'Big Timber: A 21st Century Villain - Scare Tactics'. "Let's see what apparently makes you so special Hawker."

Rainforest Commission Conservation Base, Amazon Rainforest, Brazil - 2009

Young men and women ran across the camp screaming as the 40ft tall array of saws came slashing through the prefab building, sparks flying as the building was cut in two. Retracting it's blades, the helicopter gained some altitude and swung around, the pilot zeroing in on some of the fleeing researchers and chasing them with his improvised weapon.

"What is that?" His co-pilot asked in Portuguese as what looked like a humanoid matte black dragonfly flew towards them.

"I do not know, just get rid of it so we can do another pass!" The pilot ordered, before handing the co-pilot an MP5, the man opening fire almost immediately, the majority of the rounds going wide, although a few hit their target with tiny flashes of sparks as metal collided with ceramic armour.

"It is some kind of aircraft!" The co-pilot yelled as he hastily reloaded the MP5, his headset crackling as he opened up long range communications. "Jose we need support, send the other chopper to the commission base, we are under attack from an unknown...argh." Before he could finish a gunshot sounded and he reached for his arm, the MP5 slipping out the helicopter and into the revolving saw blades.

"Do we retreat?" The pilot asked, as he shot a look at the cargo bay and the shadowy figure standing back there.

"No, I will deal with our guest." The figure announced, as the armoured interloper kept pace with the helicopter. Gauging the distance to his target, the figure leapt from the helicopter, his armoured body tackling the harassing airborne activist, and knocking her to the floor, the pair of them rolling away from each other.

Groaning the woman got to her feet first, a handgun aimed at her attacker. "Bruno Vargas, you are under arrest for multiple counts of murder, attempted murder, possession of illegal narcotics, environmental offences and ties to organised crime"

"Please it's Bucksaw when I am working mocinha. You are the mercenary known as Hawker right?" Vargas asked, his words slightly muffled by the face mask he wore. "I can pay you a lot of money if you leave now."

"You and your 'Timber Mafia' have an appointment with the International Criminal Court Vargas." Hawker answered as the helicopter headed towards her, the lowest saw blades chewing up dirt as they spun. "I'm here to make sure you keep that..." Hawker stopped and sprang right to avoid the tower of saw blades heading towards her.

"You were saying?" Vargas asked, as he covered the gap between them in the few seconds the helicopter had provided, his green breastplate and gauntlets stained with kicked up mud and dust from the nearby churning blades. "You had the chance to make a profit from this mocinha, but instead you decided that today is the day you die!!" He roared as sections of his gauntlets were jettisoned to reveal a revolving chain - blade, one that was slammed down into Hawker's armour, the jagged teeth scratching away at the ceramic coating.

With a groan Hawker retaliated, levering Vargas back with her feet before rolling out of range of the chain gauntlets before quickly getting to her feet. Taking a deep breath, she removed a retractable stave complete with weighted ends, twirling it with ease before dropping into a defensive stance.

"You kidding me?" Vargas cackled, as he revved up his gauntlets. "I'm going to rip through you mocinha, and then I'll rip through all these hippies and tree huggers all because you brought a...urgh." As he charged in Vargas saw his target sidestep him before feeling a sharp blow to the back of the head followed by a swipe to the leg, one that sent him slamming to the ground. Turning over he was just in time to see the stave jab into his chest, and reacted, his gauntlet blades cutting through the rod with ease.

Taking a silent step back, Hawker shot him a glance before tilting her head to one side, her eyes fixed on the cut off stave stuck to Vargas's armour. Roaring with anger, Vargas once more took to the offensive, swiping at Hawker and forcing her to dodge to the side right into the path of the helicopter, the mercenary only just dodging the row of saws by inches, before throwing her stave into one of the oversized buzz-saws half way up the chain.

"Well look at you, undefended ready for carving." Vargas snarled, as Hawker pulled a trigger from her belt, a coy smile on her face as she pressed the button, the weighted ends of the stave detonating sending Vargas flying backwards, his chest-plate cracked by the explosive force. The helicopter had fared a lot worse however, as the explosion vaporised the buzz-saws sending razor sharp molten shrapnel into the helicopters rotors and engine causing the aircraft to spiral down to earth aflame.

"Stand down Vargas." Hawker ordered, as her opponent tried to rev up his blades, only to be greeted by a thick cloud of black smoke rising from his gauntlets.

"Never!!" He bellowed as he pulled a handgun from his belt, a jet of flame erupting from the barrel and engulfing Hawker in a burning corona. Snorting with content, Vargas powered up his chain gauntlets, the blades spinning up eventually just as Hawker burst out of the flames, wings flaring before slamming the man hard into one of the bisected buildings. "You may have beaten me," He sneered as the sound of rotor blades filled the sky, "but this ain't over yet!"

Sighing Hawker too to the air, as a second helicopter with attached saw blades came flying towards her, the pilots both wearing wicked grins on their faces as they headed for the mercenary. Without so much as a word Hawker fired off a pair of metallic projectiles from the concealed flechette launchers on her shoulders, both of them hitting the helicopter under the cockpit. Almost immediately the saws vibrated, before being pulled upwards into the belly of the helicopter, the pilots bailing out seconds before the aircraft exploded.

Landing Hawker looked around at the crowd of onlookers, many of whom stood there mouths agape at what had just happened. "Is anyone injured?" She called, as she removed her helmet, her dark skin and cropped hair dripping with sweat.

"Only you!" Vargas yelled, as he rushed at her, a knife in his hands. Rolling her eyes Hawker flicked her wings out, the bladed edges stabbing into her would be attackers shoulders, the pain and surprise of the attack forcing him to drop his knife.

"Anyone else?" She asked, before retracting the blades. "I'm sorry you had to go through that," She told the crowd, before binding Vargas's hands, "Rest assured that he will face justice for his crimes." She added, before picking Vargas up and taking to the air. "Every single one."

Cargo Plane, Somewhere over Botswana

"Mr Sharpshot as per your request I'm here to notify you that we have just entered Botswanan airspace." The engineer stated, as he entered the cargo hold.

"Finally." Sharpshot sighed. "I have had it with these mother - licking bombs in this mother - licking plane!" He yelled, as he removed the beer can from the bucket and pulled the tab, before throwing it into the cockpit, thick grey smoke belching from the canister, the pilots coughing and choking. Walking into the cockpit, the bag of peanuts in his hand, before tearing the top open and dumping out the nuts to reveal a metallic bean. Cracking it open, he stabbed it into the flight computer, information spiralling on the screen before settling on a single location in the Botswanan countryside.

Walking back into the cargo bay Sharpshot picked up his holdall and removed his wrist lance before slapping it on his wrist. "I'm heading out lads," he told the smoking cockpit as he slipped a parachute over his costume. "I may be gone for some time so take care of my bombs and remember when you get to Hawker's," He hissed as he blasted open the door, "have a blast."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow, you've really made Sharpshot a badass villain in this universe. I can dig it quite a bit, also who doesn't love peanuts? Good stuff.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Yeah his evilness is taking a step up next issue, although he keeps stating it was a mistake