SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SyIar

PART 1: Molotov

Gotham City. With her twisted veins and warped channels, it brands it's people who try to not only survive but thrive in the coiled prison that they call home. Each and every one of them wear their brands around their necks like a noose, waiting to tighten and choke them into obscurity at any second. They all have a story. After a while everyone has a story. The stories of Gotham are not to be taken lightly for the stories of Gotham tend to be somewhat special. Here, people go missing more often than they return. Mostly women and children who allowed their stories to catch up with them. People thought things were going to get better after that poor girl killed every last masked, mutilated and scarred monstrosity that called Gotham it's home. But the truth is, it only got worse. Much worse. The people foolishly believed that they could change their stories. Make a better and brighter Gotham out of the tangled wreckage that was left from it's blood red flood. Thomas Grady was one of these people.

Tom came from a wealthy family. Went to a private school his entire childhood and studied medicine in one of the finest colleges in all of the South West. He excelled quickly and soon found himself as the head of one of the most influential pharmaceutical companies in all the world. He had everything he could ever need or want. Money, power, respect, women. But what Tom excelled at in influence, he lacked thereof in character and personality. Tom was a hungry man. Young, smart, handsome... but hungry nonetheless. Nothing was never enough for Tom. Tom always tried his hardest to accomplish more than anyone else in his league. ToFeastlike no other wolf in his pack.

Tom sought out to accomplish the one thing no outside major establishment had tried beforehand. To occupy and influence the streets of Gotham City. To control her with an iron fist. Before the plunge, Tom had hated Gotham. Feared it even. Said it was Hell on earth and that any fool who was dumb enough to try to build on top of Gotham deserved to be crippled and eaten by her blood thirsty roaches. He even went on record to say that Bruce Wayne himself was a business hack who used Gotham as in excuse to fund his dirty secrets. He supported the quarantine as well as the separation of Gotham from the United States many years back. He even supported the idea of rounding up Gotham's people and throwing them all away like the trash they were......

That was of course until Gotham opened her arms to him. Thomas Grady had moved to Gotham two weeks after the initial purge. His excuse being that Gotham needed a savior. Someone to go the extra mile to restore Gotham to it's former beauty now that her guard dogs were gone. Someone to restore balance and order....But you see... that's where he had mistaken.

Gotham has always been Gotham and no person no matter how powerful or influential can ever change her habits. Her history. HER hunger.

Fast forward 6 months later. New Arkham is officially running and is fully operational. It only took 10 days to fill every bed and cot. The people are afraid to leave their homes is fear that another psychopath, more fearsome than the last is wondering the streets, ready to pounce upon them and devour them whole at any second. Gotham is back in black and ready to dance.

Tom Grady you ask?

Well... why don't you just ask him how hes doing yourself?

BELOW GOTHAM CITY - MIDTOWN SEWERS

Grr... ehrrrr......

The murky black water reflects the image of a dark figure. It's bright yellow eyes gleam back as it huffs and puffs beneath it's ragged hood.

hrrr... Wrrr... so... so... hungry.... Why er why am I so hungrrrry?...

The hooded figure galloped across the water as it tightly caresses it's burlap blanket around itself. Bright crimson blood puddles on top of the blackened water as he passes through it.

Bat... hurt Tommy... Bat grrr... must... grrr.... DIE!....

The hooded figure growls as it collapses to the wet ground. It whines in agony like a sad dog as it sullenly stares into the shallow pool. It's bright yellow eyes glow as it's sharp white teeth exceed from it's mouth in an unsettling grin. It's long brown nose flares as it precedes to stare with rage into the reflection.

grr.... Not Tommy.... Tommy... no more....

The figure chuckles in raspy gasps. It continues afterwords to study it's reflection.

Tommy can't stop Feast no more. Gunna feed... gunna feast until sick...

The figure continues inwards. The darkness swallows it as it disappears into the uncertain metal tunnel.

Tonight... Feast feeds... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..........

GOTHAM CITY - ABOVE MIDTOWN

What's your stat?

Batman shouted angrily and determined. His cowl was shredded in three wide lines and his stomach was wrapped in temporary bandages. Robin was fixed on a small object. His eyes remained dark with rage.

I'm fine.... More than I can say for you. I already contacted Alfred. He should be here with medical supplies and refreshments shortly.

Batman nodded his head and continued forward to sit next to his son and partner.

Refreshments?

Batman asked as he gripped his ribs tightly.

Yeah... Not sure about you, but going toe to toe with giant bear wolf monsters tend to take it out of me.

Robin raised the small curved finger nail into the blistering moonlight. It would soon be added to his small collection of souvenirs back at the mansion. Batman sighed as Robin placed the beasts finger nail into his left breast holster.

Robin.. Damian. I think maybe it might be best if you were to spend some time in New York with Tim for a little while. He can teach you some things that I don't have the time to show you. Who knows? You might end up liking it.

Batman pleaded while staring gloomily at the bright skyline before him.

You can't be serious....

Robin's face turned into a grimace as he crossed his arms.

You expect me to leave just because the freak circus 2.0 is in town? It's going to take a lot more than that to get rid of me.

The subtle wind began to shift and phase as the batplane reappeared from behind the adjacent rooftop across from the duo. It hovered above them as both Batman and Robin raised from their spot.

I'm worried Damian. Gotham is slowly slipping out of my control. I can't.. won't let what happened last time happen again. We were so close.... I was so close...

Both Batman and Robin gripped onto the fallen ropes.

Well that's just the thing Father. I doubt you really have a say in the matter. Maybe we're suppose to do this for the rest of our lives. Maybe we don't really have a choice.

Batman shunned the comment as the pair zipped up towards the cockpit.

When you get back to the cave I want you to figure out what happened to Thomas. I'm willing to bet he took something from his lab that he probably shouldn't have. After I get patched up, we're heading back out to track and hopefully find him before he finds himself another midnight snack. Alfred... Prepare the War Suit, we'll be home shortly.

Batman adjusted the monitor while Robin stared aimlessly at Alfred's projection.

We're in for a loooooong night.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@SyIar said:

BELOW GOTHAM CITY - MIDTOWN SEWERS

Grr... ehrrrr......

The murky black water reflects the image of a dark figure. It's bright yellow eyes gleam back as it huffs and puffs beneath it's ragged hood.

hrrr... Wrrr... so... so... hungry.... Why er why am I so hungrrrry?...

The hooded figure trollops across the water as it tightly caresses it's burlap blanket around itself. Bright crimson blood puddles on top of the blackened water as he passes through it.

Bat... hurt Tommy... Bat grrr... must... grrr.... DIE!....

The hooded figure growls as it collapses to the wet ground. It whines in agony like a sad dog as it sullenly stares into the shallow pool. It's bright yellow eyes glow as it's sharp white teeth exceed from it's mouth in an unsettling grin. It's long brown nose flares as it precedes to stare with rage into the reflection.

grr.... Not Tommy.... Tommy... no more....

The figure chuckles in raspy gasps. It continues afterwords to study it's reflection.

Tommy can't stop Feast no more. Gunna feed... gunna feast until sick...

The figure continues inwards. The darkness swallows it as it disappears into the uncertain metal tunnel.

Tonight... Feast feeds... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..........

Interesting. Seems possibly that Tommy Elliot and Solomon Grundy are merging, may not be but that is the feeling I get, or probably worse! :) Good job Sylar, not enough use of the word trollop in my humble opinion

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SyIar

@4donkeyjohnson: hahaha It was suppose to be "galloped". Thanks for catching that and thanks for reading and leaving feedback.

Interesting. Seems possibly that Tommy Elliot and Solomon Grundy are merging, may not be but that is the feeling I get, or probably worse! :) Good job Sylar, not enough use of the word trollop in my humble opinion

No relations to Tommy Elliot or Grundy btw. Never read Hush or anything with Grundy so any coincidence like names, dialogue etc. is just coincidence. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar: Very nice work. Side note (are you still doing Spider Light?)

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vernierhawk001

@SyIar: “I'm hunger. I'm thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy's body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies.” Thought about this quote when I read this piece

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SyIar

@batkevin74: Thanks for reading and commenting!

Yes i'm working on my next Spider Light installment right now, are you guys still doing Slicer?

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SyIar: “I'm hunger. I'm thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy's body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies.” Thought about this quote when I read this piece

Wow. That's an awesome quote so i'll take this as a compliment :P

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback!