Gotham City 21 Finale~Chapter #3 Siege (Final Chapter)

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Captain America opened the door to Jonathan Crane's room, aiming a Makarov pistol at the Regime leader. "It's over Scarecrow...Outnumbered eight to one. All I can offer you is a fair trial when this is all over..." Scarecrow laughed sinisterly before turning around. A yellow lantern logo marking the center of his chest, he had grown to a horrific monster the size of Abomination. His teeth were long, pointed fangs that almost resembled needles. His piercing red eyes were full of bloodlust and hunger for the kill.

"PREPARE YOURSELF, ROGERS!!" Scarebeast roared, as he charged the team, scattering them. He grabbed Rodgers, throwing him towards a wall and bashing him against it. Gorilla Grodd tried to pull Scarebeast away, but Scarebeast swatted him aside like a fly. Grodd tried to manipulate Scarebeast with his telekinetic abilities, but the invasion of his mind only seemed to anger Scarebeast even further. Scarebeast created a wooden stake light construct, lifted it high into the air, and threw it at Grodd. The stake dug deep into Grodd's chest, causing him to roar in agony. "YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT!!" Moon Knight seethed, as he threw a series of throwing knives at Scarebeast.

The monster only laughed, as a yellow aura began to shine around him. The knives in his back began to become absorbed into his body. Moon Knight stood shocked and silent. Scarebeast lifted Moon Knight high into the air and threw him to the ground. Moon Knight groaned in pain.

Meanwhile...

Spider-Man and Poison Ivy ran to the Scarecrow's headquarters, hoping to intercept some possible backup for Scarecrow. When they had reached the hallway just outside, they found it. Metallo and Typhoid Mary stood before Isley and Parker. "I would be helping my husband right now..." Mary cooed. "But judging by the noise inside, he's having a bad day...Best not to disturb him."

"Not as bad as you're going to have, murderer." Ivy hissed. Her hatred only seemed to amuse Typhoid Mary, like a bully's reaction to their victim's pain. "If you haven't already guessed, the whole "son" experiment was my idea." Mary admitted. "Figured it would break your morale...Let's put that to the test."

Typhoid Mary unsheathed her katana, scratching it against the ground. Swiftly, she charged Poison Ivy swinging and slashing at her with an intense ferocity. Ivy skillfully managed to dodge her attacks, but she knew she couldn't stay on the defensive for forever. Spider-Man rushed to Ivy's aid, but was swept aside the room by Metallo. The Kaznian assassin cracked his metallic knuckles, "Not so fast webhead..." he laughed. "We have unfinished business. And this time your girlfriend isn't hear to pull you out of the fire."

Metallo grabbed Spider-Man's head, savagely punching it and knocking him to the ground. Peter groaned a little in pain. Meanwhile, Poison Ivy was having trouble with Typhoid Mary. She was quite athletic, but she was beginning to tire. Mary sensed this, and slashed at her knee. Ivy fell to ground in pain. Mary smiled in sadistic glee, hoping that she had gained the advantage. Ivy laughed sarcastically, "That all you got?" she asked

Metallo shifted his arm into chainsaw form, preparing to saw Spider-Man like a log. As he raised the weapon, Spider-Man shot a web at Metallo's face. The cyborg was completely taken by surprise, as Spider-Man pulled the web towards his body, kicking Metallo in the jaw.

Spider-Man gave a roundhouse kick to Metallo's neck while still on the ground, before getting to his feet.

This part was written by @impurestcheese, it really is amazing. Thank you so much for writing it Impurest!

Scarebeast squeezed hard, his body singing in ecstasy as he heard the bones in Moon Knight’s back crack and pop. He was so pre-occupied with the thrill of the imamate kill that he never saw the Abomination charge down the road, a yellow hard light snow plough slung in front of him until moments before impact. The force of the blow was so strong that he didn't feel the first impact as the Abomination charged through the abandoned office block, nor the second and only managed to recover enough to stall the gamma infused behemoth after they had smashed through the wall of a third.

“You wanted him moved.” Abomination grunted as Ghost Rider and Sinestro hovered above the pair, their rings trained on Scarebeast.

“Yes I did.” Sinestro snorted. “Now Dr Crane surrender, there is no hope of victory today.”

“You always were arrogant Sinestro.” Scarebeast hissed, vents of gas leaking out of his body. “Hiding behind borrowed fear, while in truth you are too terrified to utilise that rings true power.” He added before leaping up as Sinestro, ripping through the Yellow Lanterns hastily erected hard light shield and pinning him to the wall. “Where is that stoicism now?” He hissed as thick wooden hands reached down and began to slip off the power ring his prey was wearing.

“Right behind you.” Sinestro announced as yellow chains snaked up the wall and constricted around Scarebeast’s legs before sending wave after wave of burning hell fire into the monstrosities body. With a grunt Sinestro pushed the creature away as Ghost Rider handed the chains he had summoned to Abomination and watched as Scarebeast was flung through the air, his body twisting as he landed, a sadistic grin on his face.

“Fear feeds me.” He shrieked before spinning violently, the momentum swinging Abomination into the wall, the chains dissipating seconds later as Sinestro and Ghost Rider summoned up hard light sickles, the blades gleaming yellow as they slashed at their monstrous foe. At first it seemed as if their onslaught had finally broken through Scarebeasts defences, at least until the creature unleashed a nightmarish cackle and shattered the blades, yellow energy draining into his body until it glowed with an eerie golden hue.

“The creature is feeding on our rings energy!” Sinestro gasped as Scarebeast advanced on them. “It has become a reservoir for fear.”

“Then we fight them the old fashioned way.” Blaze stated, flames snorting from his nostrils. “Rings or no rings this ends today.”

“Whoa Mentallo!!” Spiderman called as he ducked under the cyborg assassin’s saw like arm. “You’ll take some one’s eye out with that.”

“It’s Metallo! Get it right!!” He yelled as Peter webbed a section of concrete in a makeshift sling and swung it at the cyborg, the saw blade cutting through the line and sending the missile of course into the villain’s shoulder. Staggered Metallo reacted by reaching out for Spiderman as he leapt at the villain, the web swinger latching onto his foes chest and ripping out the kryptonite power core before throwing it away. “Why you little sh…” Before he could finish Metallo froze mid lunge before falling onto his side, his cybernetics sparking.

“Looks like poor whittle Metallo couldn't handle the Spider.” Typhoid Mary cooed as psychokinetic flames crawled up and down Poison Ivy’s arms and legs, the imagined heat causing her to recoil. “Don’t worry I’ll make sure he gets to see me kill Parker once and for all.” She added. “But first I deal with you, too bad the pain and fear of the flames keeps you from summoning your plants.”

“I wouldn't worry about me. I’d worry about that itchy feeling at the back of your throat.” Poison Ivy groaned as Mary stopped and coughed, green sap mixing with specks of blood and phlegm. “They not be plants, but I managed to accelerate the growth of the mould spores in your throat.” She announced as Mary collapsed to her knees as a thick carpet of mould erupted from her mouth and began to climb over her body.

“You monster!” Mary screamed as she clutched her chest. “You monster!!” She added before her body broke down into a few mould covered bones. Wincing in pain Ivy put a hand to her mouth, tears rolling down her chest. “I didn't know…oh goddess I didn't know I swear.”

Scarebeast backhanded Ghost Rider away before blocking a blow from behind by the Abomination, his body dented and bleeding under the onslaught of his foes unrelenting blows.

“Face it Sinestro you've lost. The indomitable might of the Yellow Lanterns has failed. Fallen victim to the fear you claim to control.” Scarebeast boomed as he trudged towards Sinestro, tearing through the hard light palisades his prey had erected for defence. “I will make you experience true fear before you perish.” He added as thick gas erupted from his body. “I…I…” Before he could finish Scarebeast screamed, not in fear but in pain as his body convulsed and shrank back to his more human form. “How could this…” He wheezed as the three Yellow Lanterns loomed over him, hard light weapons in their hand.

“For your crimes you die here and now.” Sinestro announced as Scarecrow wept on the floor, seemingly unaware of his impending execution.

“Somebody get that 'helo' out of here.” Abomination grunted as a battered Mi 24 flew overhead, it’s spotlight dancing over the four figures on the ground before dropping the back hatch slightly.

”That man is not fated to die.” A withered looking blue skinned woman hissed as she levitated down to the ground. “On orders of Wilson Fisk. Surrender him to my custody or face the fury of Half-Life.”

“Never!” Sinestro snarled. “This man has done enough evil to warrant our just response.” He added as he flung his hard light axe at Half Life only to see his weapon disintegrate mid flight.

“Surrender him now.” Half Life ordered calmly as she sent a pulse of energy across the three Lanterns, one that caused their rings to spark and hiss before they all lost charge. Striding calmly through the group Half Life watched as all three of the would be executioners charged at her, only for them to stagger and fall to the floor, their skin wrinkling as they made contact with her. Picking up Scarecrow she gestured for the helicopter to land and threw her captive into the back, his skull cracking against the large man sitting before him.

“Dr Jonathan Crane.” The large man stated as Half Life closed the rear hatch and the helicopter took off. “I have need of your services.”

"Fisk..." Crane rasped. "I will do anything that you ask...Just give me what I need...To finish Ivy..."

Poison Ivy sat bathed in the last light of day on the tallest remaining tower, her mind a wander over what had happened but always returning to the death of Typhoid Mary. No not Typhoid Mary but someone else, right now she needed to be alone, a fact that Peter Parker wasn't willing to except.

“So Bats and I did some tests on where Scarecrow was defeated. From what Ghost Rider told us he simply collapsed in the middle of the fight.” Peter told her.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Ivy replied coldly.

“Well we did tests on Mary as well, or what was left of her. There was a high trace of Oestrogen and Progesterone in the mound. It’s a good chance she was in the early stages of pregnancy.” Peter announced. “And from what happened with Scarecrow it’s possible he had a psychic connection with the child.”

“I crossed the one line I always said I wouldn't,” Ivy whispered, “that child may have been the spawn of monsters but it was still a child and I killed it!”

“We're saying goodbye to Eddie in ten minutes.” Peter stated. “Steve is officially disbanding the 21 as well. You know that people will want to say goodbye, you should try and make it.”

“And you should leave me alone.” Ivy hissed, her voice causing Peter to shake. He was going to reply but decided not to say anything, there was no point arguing, there was enough sorrow as it is without adding more fuel to the fire.

@impurestcheese part ends here

The team gathered at Central Park, an enormous crowd of civilians in attendance as well. 3,000 men, women and children in total. Rogers took to the stand, turning on the microphone. He paused for a moment...He wasn't exactly sure what to say. So much had been lost...Lives...Innocence...Friends. "We're finally free..." he sniffled, trying to keep a calm disposition. "...Crane took our lives...The war took our innocence...Sometimes we wonder if it's all worth it. But then I remember what we were fighting for. A solid future, for all of us. A future of redeeming ones previous sins, or overcoming our personal demons. Or starting a family. Eddie Brock, knew the importance and significance that future would mean for every single person here and beyond. He was willing to sacrifice his own future, one with a loving girlfriend, new friends and amnesty for previous crimes for compassion. I never thought I'd say this, but he was the true hero of the day. Harleen, I believe you have a few words to say..."

Rogers carried Quinzel up the stairs, before she approached the pedestal. She was dressed all in black, a veil over her face. "There's a saying that there's no such thing as empathy..." Harleen began. "I don't know the science behind all that junk, but it's not true. Me and Eddie had an understanding and a connection for each other...I don't know how to describe it...It was like looking into a mirror, seeing each other as giant puzzle sets. And we both had the missing pieces for one another. I never thought I would be free from The Joker...That I would always be a slave to his lies. Eddie opened my eyes, and he saw a future for me that I didn't see in myself. I swear on his grave that I'm never going back to that old life. Those with the ability to help others have the responsibility to help others. Thank you Eddie...You will never be forgotten."

Harley walked off the stage to an enormous applause, before she left flowers at Eddie's grave, kissing the top of his headstone. She fell into Roger's arms as the two hugged tightly, Harley bursting into tears. Peter Parker and Gorilla Grodd helped Harley to her chair, trying to comfort her. "And with that," Rogers said. "I hereby announce the disbandment of the Gotham City 21..."

"Wait!" a female voice screamed. Captain America looked over the crowd, and was shocked to see Poison Ivy. "We can't disband..."

Steve sighed, "Ivy, I admire your enthusiasm, but I'm afraid there's nothing left to fight for..."

"Of course there is!" Ivy yelled. "Just because Scarecrow is gone doesn't mean we can just abandon the world we've defended. It's selfish to just give up and fall apart just because we've had losses. Before coming here, I considered silting my wrists...And I don't know if I can ever forgive myself. But I do know that I'm not so much of a narcissist that I will abandon the world because mine feels like it is ending. Steve, you're a fantastic leader. There isn't a man or woman in this crowd that would dare suggest otherwise...Please...For their sake."

Steve paused a little, the entire crowd was left dead silent. "Isley is right," Sinestro insisted. "It would be selfish of me to abandon this Earth merely because our duties regarding Scarecrow have ended." Daredevil stood up, "I agree. The team needs to stay unified, God knows we're still needed." Rogers smiled weakly, "Very well...The disbandment has been cancelled. On one condition...We have a meeting Saturday. Captain's orders." The entire crowd gave a thunderous applause, whistles and claps filling the air. Ivy smiled weakly, before walking away.

Peter pushed through the crowd to try and get to her. The two made eye contact, but said nothing. Finally, Ivy broke the silence. "Were you going to say something..." Peter swallowed before asking the question. "...Will you marry me?" he asked. Ivy's jaw dropped. "Peter...You don't want that. We already have our disputes...And things just always turn out ugly when we're together...But marriage?"

"I know the risks..." Peter stuttered. "And I know our history. But...I feel that we already have...I don't know...I'm sorry for wasting your time..." Ivy grabbed Peter's hand before he walked away. She nodded, still crying and said. "Yes..." The two kissed as tears ran down their cold faces, though it wasn't a kiss of happiness or attraction like before. It was a kiss of pain through attachment, of unconditional love. Maybe that was the kind of love they needed.

THE END?

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Great finale! Thanks to SID26 and imp.cheese!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Sorry about the late review (been at physio all day). A nice end (?) to an interesting story, who knows what Fisk, Crane and Half Life will do to get revenge on the Gotham 21

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Thank you so much! Hope you don't mind the Ivy marrying Spidey ending...Tried to make it REALLY bittersweet and emotional yet almost tragic, hope that worked.