Gotham City 21: Chapter #5~Gorilla Grodd

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Gorilla Grodd was a broken creature. An original supporter of the Regime, believing that his species salvation rested in the rule of the new order. Unfortunately, he seemed to underestimate Luthor's greed and Crane's sadism. After sending their troops out on a full-blown assault on Gorilla City, millions of Grodd's kins-apes had been slaughtered. It rested in his hands to ensure his races survival. Having managed to reach Florida, Grodd was busy surveying his engineers weapons. As he approached one of his troops, he picked up a recently finished working on a devolution RPG.

"The blast is capable of infecting even the most strong willed, and can be used against entire armies."

Grodd lifted the weapon, aiming it and taking hold of the grip before giving it back to the engineer.

"Excellent work my comrade. We will take back this world..."

Suddenly, Grodd's instincts caught the sound of some kind of web. Turning around, he growled lowly. "You know the good thing about the Swamp? The sounds are so consistent that any differentiation in pattern means you can hear stalkers a mile away!"

Crawling down one of the trees was a young man dressed in red and blue spandex, a ninja like mask on his face. This was Peter Parker, otherwise known as Spider-Man. "You say stalking, I say keeping an eye on. And Rogers would probably say "Gathering Intel"

"Whatever your purpose is here, I won't have Scarecrow's thugs committing any more atrocities against my kind. You are no better than the rest of the weak sapiens. You will suffer..."

"Scarecrow? Cute, you think I'm with the regime..."

Suddenly, the sound of a slimy substance moving was heard, followed by a twisted, evil chuckle. Two gorilla troops ran out of the wetlands panting.

"Cassidy...They couldn't have..."

Out of the swampy waters rose the terrifying Carnage, holding the mutilated corpses of two gorillas. "Parker! Old strawface sent me to take out Grodd, but ripping your throat out will be a nice little bonus!"

Carnage charged at Spider-Man, blasting him with his tendrils. Gracefully and acrobatically, Spider-Man dodged the attack, landing on Carnage's head and kicking him backwards. Sliding back against the wetlands, Carnage attempted to backhand Spider-Man, scratching his mask. Parker cried out in pain. As Carnage went in to swipe at Spider-Man's face with his claw, Spider-Man dodged, grabbed Carnage's arm and snapped it back. Carnage howled in agony and hatred, as Spider-Man shot his webbing at Carnage, wrapping him in a great web and throwing him against a tree. Carnage got up quickly, grabbing a small gorilla baby.

"Mama help!"

"Always had a soft spot for the young webhead. Come in quietly and the hairy little kiddo lives! As a bonus, I'll break your neck so you don't feel a thing!"

Spider-Man looked at Carnage, the baby gorilla and then at Grodd. These apes did appear to be sentient, and he wouldn't be responsible for innocent blood on his hands. His hands above his head, he knelt to the ground.

"Alright Cassidy, calm down. Just let the kid go..."

Before Parker could finish, Carnage fell to the ground in pain. The symbiote around his body writhed. Grodd was stretching out his hands towards the symbiotic mass murderer, using some sort of telekinetic ability to weaken the monster.

"No Grodd...No...You're dead...AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE NEXT!!!

Carnage leaped at Grodd biting him on the throat as the sentient ape screamed in pain and agony. Carnage began to climb all over Grodd's body until Grodd finally caught hold of him. Picking him up and slamming him to the ground with his fists, Grodd roared in rage and hatred, beating him to a state of severe weakness. Grodd's hands became red with each blow, red of the symbiote and red of Cassidy's blood. Exhausted, Grodd stood up and ordered his men to take the abomination prisoner. After dealing with Carnage, he addressed Spider-Man.

"Still think I'm a weak sapien?"

"That is to be decided...But an alliance may be fruitful to us both. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Grodd. I was known as a villain and a terrorist before the merger. Now, however, all I want is my people's survival."

"Really? A giant gorilla who tried to kill me on sight was a bad guy?"

"You must understand. I was drunk with arrogance and power. I am a desperate ape, and I need your help. Please, I can understand if you don't trust me. I don't entirely trust you. But I'm not asking this for myself...It seems the first time I would ever admit to such a thing...But I am asking you to do this for my people."

Parker thought long and hard about his next decision. Grodd wasn't exactly the school boy scout like Captain America...But there was humanity under all that brute strength. There was good somewhere in that massive exterior. The more he thought of it, the more an idea came to his mind. These were dark times, and those who did not give into the darkness and evil of the Regime were good men, or primates, indeed. This truly was a time where former villains could find redemption.

"Fine...I'll give you a chance Grodd. Name's Spider-Man by the way, born Peter Parker. Know where we can find some more allies?"

"No definite answer...But the best bet is to try and make it to Gotham City. That's a ways north from here, but my men have it figured out"

"How so?"

Grodd brought Spider-Man deep into the swamp where an enormous ship was revealed. Purple and black, the ship was about the size of a large submarine. Hovering in the air, it was rather apparent what there mode of transportation would be.

To be continued in Gotham City 21: Harley Quinn

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bystander

What mode of transportation would it be!?

Good chapter. Carnage fell way to fast and a bit of tautology ("...Parker screamed in pain. As Carnage went in to swipe at Spider-Man's face with his claw, Spider-Man dodged, grabbed Carnage's arm and snapped it back. Carnage screamed in pain..."), but this is pretty good.

It's always fun when a sane Ape team-ups with somebody)

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good chapter. Carnage fell way to fast and a bit of tautology ("...Parker screamed in pain. As Carnage went in to swipe at Spider-Man's face with his claw, Spider-Man dodged, grabbed Carnage's arm and snapped it back. Carnage screamed in pain..."), but this is pretty good.

Already edited. As for transportation, they're gonna fly to Gotham.

Also, did you get my last message?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cyberwarrior said:

Already edited. As for transportation, they're gonna fly to Gotham.

Also, did you get my last message?

"posted 13 hours ago" - "posted 15 hours ago"

Yup)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

Okay, I see basically the same formula as the first four issues. Character "A" meets character "B." One is suspicious, the other suggests a team up. You should change it up. I know you can write other type scenes. I've seen you do it. Not saying to kill off the team-ups/intros. Just saying to mix in more story. Reference another chapter. Make this universe seem more connected. These are of course just suggestions. I also think Spider-Man trusted Grodd with his secret identity a bit soon.

The action was pretty good, and overall it was an enjoyable read. Scarecrow sounds like a bad motor scooter in this universe, lets see some of him soon. ^_^

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

Okay, I see basically the same formula as the first four issues. Character "A" meets character "B." One is suspicious, the other suggests a team up. You should change it up. I know you can write other type scenes. I've seen you do it. Not saying to kill off the team-ups/intros. Just saying to mix in more story. Reference another chapter. Make this universe seem more connected. These are of course just suggestions. I also think Spider-Man trusted Grodd with his secret identity a bit soon.

The action was pretty good, and overall it was an enjoyable read. Scarecrow sounds like a bad motor scooter in this universe, lets see some of him soon. ^_^

Yeah, I think the lack of trust comes with pairing heroes and villains. Next chapter's gonna have Harley and Ivy team up with Spidey and Grodd, I'll try and give the characters some more chemistry and try and show a little more chemistry between Grodd and Spidey. As for Parker giving his identity to him...I don't think he has much of a choice. Grodd is already a bit suspicious, and pissing him off would be a BAD move.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

I did a little of what you asked in this next chapter:

Gotham City 21: Chapter #6~Harley Quinn

I'm probably going to edit it some more tommorow, so if you have suggestions, post them in a comment and then check back when I've edited it some more.