GirlWorld Group Proposal

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Marvel's done it for real by making Thor into a girl*, and I've done an Inversionverse with a good female Sabertooth** but how about an entire Marvel and DC (preferably separate) universes populated by girl characters. Take what they have and flip it.

Francis Castle the Punisher, Stephanie Rogers aka Captain America, Holly Jordan the Green Lantern of 2841, Rachel Grayson formerly Robin and now Nightwing. See what I mean? Some tweaking would be needed but why not be ahead of the curve for once.

Seeking expressions of interest from interested persons in this maxi-series

* http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/07/15/thor-is-now-woman/

** http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/inversion-verse-sabretooth-issue-4-757069/

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By batkevin74

For example:

Punisher War Journal Entry #614

They’re all running scared. The mob, the scum, even the bent ones who wear a badge. Because I’m coming for them! They are scum who need to be removed from society, not locked away in concrete boxes but six feet down in pine ones.

“She’s here!” gasped Stefano ‘Stoop’ Richards as he slammed the heavy steel door shut of the warehouse. The other Maggia muscle stopped in their tracks.

“Whadda mean here?” replied Jack Dio, the large chemically enhanced enforcer known as Underworld, drawing his guns.

“The Punisher! She’s here! Outside!”

Underworld moved towards the door when it exploded inwards from the force of a rocket grenade, hurtling it and the big man across the warehouse and smack bang into a forklift. The smoke parted almost on cue as a woman clad in black with a massive white skull on her chest walked through the blasted doorway. Her stern gazed surveyed the stunned room before she opened fire with the pair of Uzi’s. When they finally ran dry she calmly reloaded and strode into the corpse filled room.

A groan came from one of the downed men. The Punisher pumped a five shot burst into his back to make sure he was out. The forklift squealed as Underworld pealed it off his back. The Punisher unloaded both Uzi clips into him making him flinch but nothing penetrated his tempered skin.

“You stupid b!t^h!” he growled as he brushed the bullets off himself like dust.

“I prefer Francis,” she sneered as she unclipped a grenade from her belt and tossed it at him. He squealed as the explosion threw him into the wall. Punisher crossed the room grabbing a sledgehammer as she did. “You’re one of these super freaks aren’t you Jack, blessed with a whole range of weird powers huh?”

Underworld staggered to his feet “I am…gonna kill…”

“Get in line!” she said as she smashed the hammer into his head. Again. And again. And again. And again until finally the hammer head shattered. Francis Castle looked down on the huffing, wheezing, bleeding thug at her feet before continuing her assault with the handle.

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74:

Sounds like DC Ame-Comi Girls

Or that reverse gender Earth from Superman/Batman. It's an alright idea, but not new.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74:

Sounds like DC Ame-Comi Girls

@cbishop said:

Or that reverse gender Earth from Superman/Batman. It's an alright idea, but not new.

Yeah it's nothing new, there is very little these days that is new, but the idea of reverse gendering but specifically making all the heroes into heroines is the ultimate idea. Just an idea and seeing who wants to possibly join is all

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wildvine

@batkevin74:

I was in no way crying unoriginality sir. Just drawing a comparison.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it isn't worth doing. I haven't seen you write a bad story yet. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Still not a bad story. Rough perhaps, but nowhere near "bad." ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74:

Would villains be girls?

I don't think so. I wasn't going to do a total world reverse (which itself is a good idea also) just making Batwoman Vs The Joker or Francis Castle Vs Wilson Fisk. But if it works for the story I don't mind a girl Green Goblin for example...hmmm Norma Osborne Vs Peta Parker interesting

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By feebadger

I don't really see the point myself. Does the fact that they're female make them inherently more interesting or different as a character? Your Punisher story reads pretty much the same as a normal Punisher story, except that it uses 'she' a lot more than 'he'. Not saying it's a terrible idea, but don't really see the point of it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: @feebadger: @batkevin74: I guess that's kind of the thing with gender-reversal stories- it's not about big differences, it's about subtle ones. It's the name changes and changes in appearance.

• Does Superwoman, aka Clarissa Kent, look like our world's Lois Lane?
  • Does Batwoman, aka Bryce Wayne, look like Helena Wayne (aka Pre-COIE Earth-2 Huntress)?
  • How does Darren Star, aka Power Boy, or Landon Danvers, aka Superboy, take being second banana to a woman? (Because not all men can be reasonable about that kind of thing.)
  • Does Power Boy have a butt window? (Ew.)
  • Does Hilary Jordan, aka Green Lantern, get her ring from an alien named Abin Mam?

There's characterization things too. Is Bryce Wayne as obsessed/ driven as Bruce Wayne? Does that play out any differently for a female? No reason that it has to, but does it? ...More importantly though, do you care?

The reason gender-reversal stories are about the subtle differences is that they are never meant to be more than glimpses at the possibility. When we meet Bryce Wayne, we have a reasonable assumption that other than being the opposite gender, her life has basically mirrored Bruce's. We get to see just enough to feel sadder for her than we do Bruce, because culturally speaking, we can accept Bruce's pain and obsession, because a man is expected to bear up under that kind of thing. We (that is the USA, where Gotham is located) don't expect the same of a woman- we expect, almost need her to break down under that kind of weight. Men are ingrained to protect women (whether they need it or not) so it's actually more painful to think of Bryce as Batwoman than it is to see Bruce as Batman. Even if Bruce and Bryce are written exactly the same. But that's it. If you go any further than the glimpse, then something is bound to break down somewhere.

If you write Bryce exactly the same as Bruce, then what was the point? But if you make them too different, then what's the point of Bryce being Batwoman? The purpose of being the pastiche is to give the reader basic assumptions to start with. If you break away from that, then Bryce may as well have been aka Flamebird.

To me, a reverse gender world is one your main-world characters pass through briefly, allowing the readers to have a little fun along the way. Bruce has a moment of inner conflict when he realizes he thinks the spitcurl on Clarissa Kent's forehead is sexy. That kind of thing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

@feebadger: But also its not a complete reversal. Would the dynamic be different with Batwoman Vs the Joker? By say actually adding in a real romantic side where the Joker truly loves her in his weird sick way that you don't get with the male on male version

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Well, i think that their dynamic already has that element to it, but i see your point. A good writer could make anything interesting, but i just have my doubts about a whole universe based around the concept. But i look forward to being proven completely wrong :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: See what I can do :) Hopefully others will join

@cbishop said:

@wildvine: @feebadger: @batkevin74: I guess that's kind of the thing with gender-reversal stories- it's not about big differences, it's about subtle ones. It's the name changes and changes in appearance.

• Does Superwoman, aka Clarissa Kent, look like our world's Lois Lane?
  • Does Batwoman, aka Bryce Wayne, look like Helena Wayne (aka Pre-COIE Earth-2 Huntress)?
  • How does Darren Star, aka Power Boy, or Landon Danvers, aka Superboy, take being second banana to a woman? (Because not all men can be reasonable about that kind of thing.)
  • Does Power Boy have a butt window? (Ew.)
  • Does Hilary Jordan, aka Green Lantern, get her ring from an alien named Abin Mam?

There's characterization things too. Is Bryce Wayne as obsessed/ driven as Bruce Wayne? Does that play out any differently for a female? No reason that it has to, but does it? ...More importantly though, do you care?

The reason gender-reversal stories are about the subtle differences is that they are never meant to be more than glimpses at the possibility. When we meet Bryce Wayne, we have a reasonable assumption that other than being the opposite gender, her life has basically mirrored Bruce's. We get to see just enough to feel sadder for her than we do Bruce, because culturally speaking, we can accept Bruce's pain and obsession, because a man is expected to bear up under that kind of thing. We (that is the USA, where Gotham is located) don't expect the same of a woman- we expect, almost need her to break down under that kind of weight. Men are ingrained to protect women (whether they need it or not) so it's actually more painful to think of Bryce as Batwoman than it is to see Bruce as Batman. Even if Bruce and Bryce are written exactly the same. But that's it. If you go any further than the glimpse, then something is bound to break down somewhere.

If you write Bryce exactly the same as Bruce, then what was the point? But if you make them too different, then what's the point of Bryce being Batwoman? The purpose of being the pastiche is to give the reader basic assumptions to start with. If you break away from that, then Bryce may as well have been aka Flamebird.

To me, a reverse gender world is one your main-world characters pass through briefly, allowing the readers to have a little fun along the way. Bruce has a moment of inner conflict when he realizes he thinks the spitcurl on Clarissa Kent's forehead is sexy. That kind of thing.

As for the Butt window, well that's why I'm not all for a total reversal!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Yeah, the other choice was nut window, and I definitely don't want to see that! ;}

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: But he could just have a hole on his open chest, like some badly designed costume to show off his pec clevage

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah, I thought about that, but that suggestion wouldn't make anybody squirm, now would it? ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@cbishop: You mean like this (and this is an edited version btw coz the 'hole' is in a spot well, you know)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Well...not exactly. That's American Dream, the A-Next successor to Captain America. Just pointing out again that it's been done, but mostly just picking at ya. You write amazing stories, so I'm still waiting on it. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Everything's been done before. Seven Samurai is The Magnificent Seven, Conan is Hercules, Superman is Moses, Goku is Superman, Batman is Zorro, Rhianna is Madonna, etc etc etc etc :)

Nice pic, story on route

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: When you consider that there are only 19, 11, 7 or 3 plots (depending on the source) to choose from, then yeah, it's near impossible to do something "original."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: This site gives 36 plots http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/plotFARQ.html but still

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: That's a new number to me. lol That site illustrates the debate pretty well though.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Cool idea. :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31  Edited By The Impersonator

To be honest, when I found out that Thor is being replaced by a woman, I almost dropped myself to the floor. Thor is a mythological deity. How can the creators replace him and consider him as unworthy? That's just wrong. However, it would have been great to see the $ex change, which can be caused by Loki. It wouldn't be a problem, considering the fact that Thor was transformed into a woman in Earth X.

On that note, I would certainly like to write a story about Iron Man's woman version (I'm trying to push the thoughts of the current Iron Man as Silver Surfer away from my mind, which has nothing to do with $ex change.)

In this version, I was thinking it'll be Tara Stark who dons the Iron Man armour, which goes something like this.

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Sounds awesome! Write it up. We get a few more there might be a PM/actual group

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers