Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 1

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Christmas 1985

Jean looked around the room as Hank's parents made small talk with her's and Xavier. Bobby sat alone playing Donkey Kong while Scott read a book on the couch. Warren opened a card from his parents. He pulled a check out and tossed the card in the fire place.

Hank's father left for a moment and came back with a large bag of gifts. He'd made sure to get something for all the kids while Jean's parents had only gotten a gift for her. Scott noticed her concerned look, "Don't worry about it, Nobody was expecting to get anything."

She sat down beside him, "Is Bobby an orphan too?"

"No, his parents just don't visit. Warren's folks send money every couple months but only occasionally acknowledge he exists outside of that. Hank's folks come around any chance they get, its like they don't even care their kid isn't normal."

She felt a little sad for the boys but they seemed to have formed their own little family, Warren and Scott feuded with each other but it seemed more like sibling rivalry than actual hate.

A few days later just after New Years Bobby sat flipping through channels and yelled out through the house, "Hey, guys, you need to see this. Scott and Warren walked in expecting something silly but were shocked to see a man on TV dressed in a red and purple outfit. He was attacking an air force base alone.

Xavier entered and dropped the book he held, "Erick, what are you doing?"

Scott turned, "You know this guy?"

"He was once a friend of mine. Now he's known as Magneto."

Warren chuckled, "Magneto? Isn't he like an urban legend?"

Scott pointed at the TV, "Obviously not."

Xavier turned and headed for the elevator, "I have to go."

Scott and Warren ran after him, "You can't go after that guy alone. He just trounced the US Air Force, we should call the Avengers or something."

He ignored them as he entered the elevator. Scott and Warren gave each other a look of agreement and ran for the stairs. Hank saw Bobby taking off after them, "What's going on?"

"We need to get down to the jet before the Professor."

Jean tossed her magazine and followed along with Hank.

Xavier arrived at his jet where the kids stood waiting. He looked to Scott, "I don't have time for this."

"Well then there's no time to talk us out of coming with you."

Bobby tossed down a bag, "We'll call it field training."

Scott pulled his yellow and black training suit from the bag, "Its basically a super hero outfit already."

Cape Citadel, Florida

Pietro Maximoff watched from a safe distance as Magneto attacked the base. He didn't like what he saw but he'd promised his sister he would follow this man he considered crazy. He gave a curious look as a jet landed. He watched as a winged man flew out followed by a snowman and three masked teens.

Magneto hurled several missiles at the base but was shocked as a blaze of red energy destroyed them in the air. He then noticed a large chunk of ice flying toward him. He dodged then saw Bobby making large Ice chunks to be hurled by Hank. Warren attempted to attack from behind but Magneto turned and caught him by the throat. He looked him over and noticed the logo of Xavier's school. He chuckled before shouting, "So you're letting children fight your battle, Charles?"

Xavier came out onto the field, "They insisted. Why are you doing this? It will only make things worse."

He landed, "I have no time for your fantasies, these people need to learn we can't be controlled or ignored. We are the next stage of evolution and should be treated as such."

Xavier glared as he attempted to penetrate Magneto's mind, "I've learned to counter you."

He tapped his helmet.

He then raised his hand to open the nuclear silo he'd come for but something held it half closed. He noticed Jean holding a hand out trying to resist his power. He stepped forward,"I'm doing this for your own good girl."

She grunted a bit trying to hold back the missile he was trying to pull free, "Heard that before, its usually a lie."

Magneto looked annoyed as he lifted a car to hurl her way but Scott fired a blast that he was barely able to avoid. His foot slipped on a bit of ice on the ground as Beast was dropped from the air. He slammed a fist into Magneto's helmet knocking it off his head. Xavier then attacked his mind sending him to his knees.

As the team looked on the helmet seemed to disappear. Then a man stopped beside Magneto wearing it. Pietro looked down, "Need a little help old man?" Magneto glared as Pietro tossed him over his shoulders, "Nice outfits fellas."

He then took off. Warren tried to catch up but couldn't gather enough speed while flying low enough to follow. Xavier looked to the team, "Its time to leave."

A bar in Calgary, Alberta Canada

The TV over the bar shows the attack on Cape Citadel as a drunk slurs out, "Damn muties are getting outta hand. Somebody ought to wipe 'em out."

A man turns to him, "You know what they say, bub. If ya ain't got nothin nice to say..."

The drunk turned, "What? You some kind of mutie lover little man?"

The man tightened his fist but the bar tender yelled out, "Got a call for a Logan, anyone here by that name?"

Logan shrugged as he looked on the drunk, "Saved by the bell."

He then walked over to answer.

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Wow Classic X vs Brotherhood Action before it became a 'mutant of the week' thing. Nice action can't wait for more.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: This is going to veer away from the 616 origins from here on out. I'll try to keep everyone in character but there are a few kind of drastic changes I need to make to do what I want to do.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: My goal is to make Xavier's institute look more like an actual school instead of the super hero training camp its become. Not that I'm turning it all CW or anything just changing up the typical formula.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@joshmightbe: If you're looking for non super hero action try reading Wildvine's Mercy Liddle series. It's really good.