Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

Ace in the Pocket and the Crazy Deuces

rated M

In a darkly lit room, sitting tied and unconscious to a chair is the Cajun thief known by some as Remy LeBeau and by many as Gambit. As blood trickles from his mouth, Remy wakes suddenly, spitting the blood to the floor and struggling with the ropes that bind him to the chair. As Remy uses his mutant ability to charge objects as a way to incinerate the ropes binding him he surveys the room he is in. The room seems to be a strange half office on the right side, with a desk, lamp, computer and bookshelf; whereas the left side seems to be a torture room with what appears to be a table with bloody knives on it and bloody meat hooks hanging above.

Removing his bonds Remy searches his pockets looking for the Zwillinge Rune he had stolen from the dark elf Malekith. Magical items wasn’t the type of job Remy usually took but he never could say ‘non’ to a beautiful woman and the blonde woman in the green dress who hired him, Amora, was no exception.

Stealing the Rune was easy enough for Remy but as soon as he held the magical artifact in his hands Remy was transported from the magical caves of Svartalheim to a vault surrounded by armed, human thugs. Even though Gambit was disoriented from the teleportation, he was able to take down five of the armed thugs until their leader came up behind him and knocked him down with the butt of his handgun. Remy struggled briefly with the leader, whose face was horribly scarred on the left side, before the man hit Remy once more with a second handgun, knocking Remy out.

Searching his pockets Remy realizes he’s been stripped of the Zwillinge Rune, as well as many of his thieving tools, even his pack of cards is missing. The only object he can find is a small item he must have lifted off of one of his assailants. Hearing footsteps approaching the room, Remy sits back down in the chair and props the ropes up to look like they are still binding him to the chair.

Three men enter the room. Two of the men look like hardened criminals, both carrying automatic rifles. The leader strolls in ahead of them, wearing a suit that is white on the right side and black on the left, his face is horribly scarred on the left. He introduces himself as Two Face as he sneers at Remy with his grotesque, left sided grin.

“I don’t know who you are, pretty boy, but you came into my building trying to steal the Gemini Diamond from my vault. I don’t like thieves.” Two Face punches Gambit. “I know your working with Catwoman. She took out five of my men on her way to the vault. I don’t know where she went but she left you in her place with the diamond. Where is she?”

Gambit smirks up at Two Face. “Remy don know who dis Chat Femme be.”

Two Face groans, “Damn thief is a frenchie.”

“Remy’s Cajun, homme.” Gambit corrects Two Face.

“Shut up, frenchie.” Two Face pulls his handgun from his side and points it at Gambit. “Time to let the coin decide your fate, thief.”

Two Face reaches into his pocket searching for his special, two headed coin. Searching his pockets Two Face becomes frustrated. “Where the hell is that coin?”

“Dis piece, Deuce Visage?” Remy replies from his chair, the ropes laid on the ground and Two Faces coin resting on his right thumb. The coin starts to glow with a reddish, purplish energy as Gambit flicks the coin right at Two Faces scar sided face.

“Aw sh—“ Two Face exclaims.

BOOM!!

The explosion knocks out Two Face and Gambit makes short work of the remaining two thugs before making his escape.

Gambit searches the building, eventually finding his equipment and the Gemini Diamond, before making his escape. As he walked through an alley, tagged ‘Crime Alley’, Remy thought to himself ‘strange the Zwillinge Rune is this Gemini Diamond in this world’. He wasn’t sure what world he landed in, who Two Face was or who this Catwoman character was that Two Face mentioned, but Gambit knew he needed to find his way back to his own world and that the Gemini Diamond was the key to getting back.

Gambit heard sirens scream through the night sky. ‘Dis is a noir ville.’ He thinks to himself as he looks into the night sky and sees a search light appear in the sky, with what appears to be a bat in the middle of the light. Gambit smiles to himself and says “Laissez les bons temps rouler!”

Let the good times roll!

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stumpy49er

My first fan fic entry.

Love any feedback. Don't mind getting constructive criticism either.

There will be more entries to the Gambit in Gotham story.

Thanks for reading!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@stumpy49er said:

The coin starts to glow with a reddish, purplish energy as Gambit flicks the coin right at Two Faces scar sided face.

Very good start.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74: Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

I really liked this. Lets see some more.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stumpy49er

@wildvine: Awesome. Will do. Thanks.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers