Freelancer #6: Head of the Demon Chapter One

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo

"Its been a few days since I asked Master Yoda about who I really am, neither he or the Jedi Archives had an idea of what I am, things have been quiet since then, until a prominent Mandalorian prisoner was murdered in his own prison cell, to keep me busy Yoda gave me the mission of investigating this murder, I guess it's better than dying of boredom in the Temple. " John thinking about the matter at hand. He snaps out of it as the shuttle reaches the prison.

"Kid, what are you doing here? Wheres general Skywalker? A surprised Rex greeting John as he exists the shuttle.

"Rex? What are you doing here? I thought you'd be out on the battlefield, not playing security guard on this rock. " He sarcastically replies to Rexes question, the two of them begin walking to the murder site.

"So this is Blackgate penitentiary, this is supposed to be the most god forsaken place in this or any galaxy, well except Arkham Asylum, this place is made primarily for criminals rather than psychos, if guys like Bane and Durge were kept here, then I cant say im surprised that this scrawny back stabbing politician got killed here. " John thinking about the prison, he doesn't hear Rex who calls him.

"If you're done being distracted all the time, we've reached the cell, his name was Arkus Almec, former prime minister of Mandalore, apparently he betrayed Duchess Satine and he was arrested by Ahsoka, you think she might have hired some one to do this? "

"I doubt it, from what I heard from Obi Wan, the Duchess is a firm believer in non violence and these sort of things are appalling to her. " He answers Rex in a disctracted manor as he examines the report.

"You honestly believe that? Politicians aren't exactly known to be honest. " He suspiciously asks him.

"I wouldn't put it past her, but lets see the body before we start blaming people. " John puts down the report and opens the door. He enters the cell and begins examining the corpse.

"Several bruises on his wrists and fists, he was struggling against his killer, even managed to get a few punches in before he was over powered, the killer broke both his legs most likely so he couldn't crawl away or fight back, then returned the bones to their original position, he has only 1 cut, he was stabbed through the heart and by a sword, there are some minor burn marks around it, but this was most likely a viro blade of some kind, who ever did this was good but sloppy. " John examining the corpse.

"You find anything? " Rex breaking his concentration. "Nothing that wasnt in the repo..... " He goes to answer Rex but notices some dry blood marks in a crack in the wall. He breaks through the crack and sees a small tunnel with a book inside it.

"That wasnt in the report, the Commisioner himself investigated this. " Rex commenting on Johns discovery in disbelief.

"I saw the Commisioner, that guy couldn't find a stick if it was shoved up his ass, no wonder this investigations been going no where. " He says it in an annoyed manner as he begins reading the book, it turns out to be a journal that's been detailing Almecs plans. As he reads the journal Almec makes reference of a League of Shadows, he heavily implies that this League helped him gain information and favor with the terrorist group Death Watch that threatened Mandalore several months ago, on the final page he states that his failure will not be forgiven by the League and they will kill him soon enough, John examines the book further and finds a page with a detailed list of his allies and their plans/headquarters.

"Well would you look at that, almost every politician in the Senat was somehow involved with the plot against the Duches, but why? " Rex examining the list.

"We better get this to Master Yoda, if there's some one who really wanted to off Almec, then they wont quit until this list is gone. " John puts it in his belt, and they carefully go back to the shuttle, fearing that the assassins may be watching them. They reach the hangar bay without trouble then the entire facility goes dark. Soon soldiers start screaming around the Jedi and clone Commander.

"Whats going on?! AHHHHHHHHH! " Soldiers screaming as some one picks them off one by one. John and Rex draw their weapons and cover each others backs.

"Rex, when's the power going to come back? If we don't fix this soon were going to have a riot in here. " John whispering to Rex as the screams stop.

"You want light? I got a little present for our sneaky friends here. " He confidently whispers back as he draws a flash bang grenade from his belt.

"Do it. " A second later Rex throws the grenade lighting up the entire hangar just long enough for them to see the enemy, the enemy go completely blind due to their enhanced vision from their night vision goggles, John cuts down two of the assailants as Rex is able to reach the controls and reactive the power. Dozens of clone bodies lie around the killers.

"You bastards are going to pay for this. " Rex yelling at the assassins in anger.

"You have something we want, give it to us and we will make your deaths quick. " The female commander trying to threaten them.

"You want this piece of paper? Come and take it! " John showing the paper and goading her into a fight.

"Deal with the clone, they annoying Jedi is mine. " The commander whispering to her men, they ignite their own black light sabers and split up to take down John and Rex. The assassins ignite their own black light sabers and jump into the air, they attempt to swarm Rex from all sides, one of them cuts both of his pistols in half, the other stabs him through the left shoulder, the third one cuts him across the back, Rex falls to his knees and the assassin moves in to whisper something in his ear.

"Dont feel bad clone, your kind have no place in this wor.... " Just as he finishes his sentence Rex jabs a knife into his eye, he pulls it down ripping the mans face nearly in half, he sticks grenade to another assassins chest and kicks him out of the way.

"How is this possible?! An inferior being like you should be able.... " The 3rd and final assassins in fear trying to make sense of the situation but Rex grabs him and snaps his neck. Rex falls to the ground from exhaustion and his injuries.

"Your friend lives up to his reputation. I wonder do you? " The female commander trying to make small talk as she slowly draws her blaster.

"Why is a pretty girl like you working for a group like this. " John semi sarcastically complementing her.

"Working for them? Hahahah, they work for me and my father. " She draws her blaster ever so slowly.

"Your father?! Who do you..... " He is interrupted as the commander begins firing at him, he is able to block all of her shots but she draws a electro whip and grabs his sword hand. His light saber is completely fried and he falls to the ground in pain.

"How disappointing, I thought you'd be more of a challenge. " She aims her blaster at his head, John grabs her electro whip with his free hand and throws her into the air, she manages to hold on to her hilt but John swings the whip and bashes her into a wall. She starts coughing up blood, then she is grabbed be the throat, pinned to a wall with a light saber blade right next to her face.

"Was that disappointing princess? " He angrily says it as he slowly strengthens his grip on her throat.

"It would appear, that you really are the person we thought you to be, grab him. "

"What are you talking about?! " John turns around just as a large dark skinned man knocks him out. Just before he faints he hears the two of them talk.

"Are you alright mistress Talia? I hope this short sighted fool did not hurt you. " The dark skinned man says it in a completely emotion less way.

"I'm fine Ubu, but just from his sheer determination I can already tell he is out best hope of stopping Sidious, my father will be pleased. " Just at that moment John faints.

To be continued....