Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated FR-15 Some of the language is censored.

I was back at the carnival after seeing the whole event right in front of my eyes. I didn't know what to say. The X-Men were really tough and they used their  skills and powers to overcome their worst enemies. Maybe Melissa was right about me. I should take a stand against all these things including my enemies. But that time will come for sure. If so, I'll be ready for anything. 

Qwan: Melissa? Are...you alright?

Melissa: Yes...I'm fine. I just needed some sleep.

Qwan: I see. Well, I'm just going out for a walk.

Melissa: If you're looking for the man who's in charge of the carnival, you will only see him if available.

Qwan: What's that supposed to mean?

Melissa: You will see, Qwan. Let me rest for a bit.

Qwan: Ok. Take care, Melissa. I may be back though.

I'm still surprised that this Melissa lady is still alive. Man, I never thought she would get stronger than the Legacy Virus. I wonder if this place was some sort of a sanctuary for me. You could say that a sanctuary is a place for people who can't be accepted by the outsiders. Charles used to say that mutants have to accept who they are and what they're capable of. There was one mutant named Rogue who wanted to become a human. Because she couldn't touch anyone since she can absorb their memories, personalities, and...powers for that matter. Well, that's the nature itself. 

I was walking by the carnival where the freaks or mutants are gathering for some kind of event. I wonder what is it about. I often go to carnival in my youngest days but those days were over for me. Maybe Henry should see all this. I mean, look at the wonderful performance that they're doing here. It's kinda awesome to watch though. There was one guy who can breathe fire from his mouth and toasted a bread for a deformed child. Man, I wonder if he can make barbeque out of that one. By the way, I love barbeque.

While I was watching the event, a buzz came over me. I never heard this kind of buzz before. As I sat on the chair, I looked back and saw a fly, a sort of man-fly you would say. He looks like Baxterstock Man from the Ninja Turtles cartoon show. I really missed that cartoon.

Man-Fly: BZZZ! BZZZ! This is my seat. BZZZ! BZZZ!

Qwan: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was yours.

Man-Fly: BZZZ! BZZZ! Whatever. BZZZ! BZZZ!

I got up from my seat and the Man-Fly sat back on it. Geez, this fly is really sounds rough when he talked to me like that. Not a delightful person, I should say.

Man-Fly: BZZZ! BZZZ! What are you looking at? BZZZ! BZZZ!

Qwan: Oh nothing. Ummm. I better go.

Oh boy! I never thought I could swap a fly like that. But I would feel bad to hurt one though. Usually, I get into fights with the Triad gang back in China. Yeah, I met some of my boys there. They weren't really that nice if you ask me.

While I was walking, I accidentally stepped in a person's loincloth. It was an actual cloth from a living mummy. The guy looked creepy and his dark yellow eyes were glowing at me.

Mummy Man: HEY! What you doing, man?

Qwan: Oh sorry, mister. I didn't know.

Mummy Man: You didn't know! What kind of a kid are you?

Qwan: Excuse me?

Mummy Man: I never been insulted all my life. Not even my own people would accept me. Now here I am.

Qwan: Ok?

Mummy Man: Let me tell you something, kid. I used to come from Egypt. My people never ever accepted of who I am. I was shunned as an outcast. They feared me as if I came back from the dead.

Qwan: Ummm. Were you...a pharoah?

Mummy Man: Of course not! I was just a normal Egyptian kid until I looked like this. It looks like the gods have punished me. I should have been a normal person instead. I would have two wives to take care of. It would have been nice to have children too.

Qwan: Ok, I get your point. Mister...Mummy.

Mummy Man: Oh sure. Call me what you want. Mummy Man. Mr. Mummy. The Man with a wrapped cloth. Living Corpse. BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Qwan: Are you ok? You're really getting upset here.

Mummy Man: What do you think, my young man? What do you think? I was born like a mummy corpse. I have to keep wrapping my cloth over my dead body a numerous times.

Qwan: I'm sorry to step on your cloth, mister. It won't happen again.

Mummy Man: Yeah Yeah sure. I bet you say sorry just for the sake of it.

Tattooed Lady: Is there a problem?

Mummy Man: Oh well. No problem, miss. No problem. I was talking to this boy about the manners of a kid.

I looked back and saw a lady behind me. I believe the lady was Chinese though. Because I see a big Dragon tattoo on her body. And...don't get me wrong here. But she didn't have any clothes on. Oh boy!

Qwan: Hi! Ummm.

Tattooed Lady: What's the matter, young man? Why are you closing your eyes?

Qwan: Oh, it's just you're....

Tattooed Lady: I see. You mean I'm nak**.

Qwan: Yeah, that's right.

I really didn't want to describe it but this is kinda weired for having branded tattoos and not wearing clothes. I can also see that her dragon tattoos are moving around her body. I was amazed to see it sprang to life. 

Qwan: Is that....I mean your tattoos are alive?

Tattooed Lady: I'm actually controlling its movements. It does bite, you know.

Qwan: Oh ok?

Thanks for mentioning it. Who knows what that dragon can do? I wonder what her other tattoos can do to people.

Mummy Man: What do you want, dragon lady? I'm in the middle of an argument here.

Tattooed Lady: Why don't you get out of here and mind your own business?

Mummy Man: Ok! Ok! I get your point. Out of the way, young man.

Qwan: Whoa! Watch your back, man.

Mummy Man: Do not ever call me a man. I was once a man but now I'm the Mummy Man. Bah!

Qwan: Geez! What's his problem?

Tattooed Lady: Beats me. So you're new?

I'm really uncomfortable talking to a nak** lady here. I'm not sure if I can do this. I had to open my eyes to see where I'm going. But anyways, I'll just have to be calm about it.

Qwan: Ummmm. So...you're from China?

Tattooed Lady: Yes, I am. Why...are you Chinese too?

Qwan: Yes. I'm pretty much am.

Tattooed Lady: Well, that's good. I have a cousin who works at the ink shop. She's pretty much busy nowadays.

Qwan: Ah I see. What can she do?

Tattooed Lady: She's an ink artist. She manipulates her ink and draws wonderous art. You should see it.

Qwan: I'm not fond of art. I used to take art classes back at high school. I wasn't very good at it though.

Tattooed Lady: I see you don't have a taste in art. You should see it for yourself and then you will realize how art can amaze you.

Qwan: Yeah, tell me about it. By the way, how did you get here? If I may ask.

Once the Tattoeed lady was about to speak, her dragon tattoo moved like a snake. I wonder if this is some kind of reaction to her speech. As if she's afraid to tell something to me or anyone. But I doubt she's a anti-social person. Most of the Triad gangs were anti-social those days. They never spoke to other crime families and yet they still cause trouble back in China. Don't ask me why. 

Tattooed Lady: It's a long story but I don't want to talk about it.

Qwan: That's alright. I'm pretty sure we don't want to talk about things which happened way back. It may not sound good.

Tattooed Lady: Yeah, you're right. What's your name, kid?

Qwan: It's Qwan Lee.

Tattooed Lady: The name's Chin Lu. You can call me, Chin.

Qwan: Chin's a nice name. 

Tattooed Lady: Yeah, my parents called me that name. 

Qwan: Oh really? That's nice.

If you were wondering why I'm talking like this. Because I'm still uncomfortable talking with the nak** Chin here. But anyways, I'm sure I can deal with it.

Tattooed Lady: Why don't you come and visit the Ink Lady's shop? Just to show you around.

Qwan: Sure.

As I walked along with her, we talked a little bit. Well, not too much exactly. But I wanted to ask where I can find this guy who is in charge here. Maybe I could ask later. But I don't know if Chin is the right person to ask. Anyways, I'll just have to wait and see.

Tattooed Lady: Here's the shop.

Qwan: Wow! Look at all these ink posters. She's an amazing artist.

Tattooed Lady: Yeah, I know. Isn't she great?

The Ink Lady arrived from the inside of her shop and let me just say that...yeah. You guess it.

Ink Lady: Hi, how are you? 

Qwan: Ummm. I'm fine. Thank you. I see you...you have a great sense of art here. Yeah.

Ink Lady: Why...thank you.

Compared to the tattooed lady, this lady can move her black ink through her body. Man, what is this? Some kind of a str** art show? I'm dealing with two beautiful Chinese artists here. Oh geez!

Ink Lady: How about I draw a ink picture of you? Would you like that?

Qwan: Yeah, sure. Why not?

I sat there and start posing with my own movements. I had to stand on my own position a quite longer. While I was standing, I heard some loud noises which sounded like an animal or animals for that matter. Wait! What? 

Monkey: EEE OOO AHH AHH AHH!

Tiger: RRRRRRAAAAOOOW!

Tyler Shane aka Beast Master: Out of my way, folks!

Marc Shane aka Animorph: Yeah! Listen to the master. Make room for him. Will you?

Dan Shane aka Beast Imitator: Heh! What are you folks looking at?

Qwan: What? What's going on here?

Ink Lady: Oh no. This is what I have feared. It's them!

Qwan: Who are they?

Ink Lady: Ever since we came here, we met these people from the jungles. They claimed to be left behind by their own parents. In reality, there are the brothers who adopted their powerful name. A name that we fear the most.

Qwan: What name is it?

Ink Lady: It's....

Tyler: Hey! You there! Yeah you! The one who's posing for the art nut. Are you new here?

Qwan: Yeah, that's right. And...who are you calling an art nut? What's your problem?

Marc: Watch your mouth, kid. You don't know whom you're dealing with.

Dan: Yeah!

Qwan: Let me tell you something. Ummm...You do have a so-called powerful name. Do you?

Marc: Why don't I introduce myself? I'm Marc Shane. People call me Animorph. I have the ability to transform into any kind of animal by touch. I can turn into a monkey, tiger, shark, you name it.

Qwan (thought): Animorph? It sounds like the author's book series. Who was that author's name? Oh yeah, her name was K.A. Applegate.

Dan: The name's Dan Shane. I can imitate the characteristics of an animal. Any kind of animal. That's why the people call me, the Beast Imitator.

Qwan: I see. Nice. What about you? You must be the leader here.

He seems so quiet all of a sudden. I don't know what is he thinking now. But I'm pretty sure he's going to say something that I may not even like.

Tyler: I'm Tyler Shane. You're right, kid. I am the leader of the pack here. I can control and communicate with my animals from a close distance and within seconds. With a blow of my whistle like the wind. I am called the Beast Master.

Qwan: Wow! Really?

Marc: You got some nerve, kid.

Qwan: So what do they call you? Eh? Animal people?

Dan: Don't make fun of us! We may be the Shane brothers. But we are stonger than ever. We are....

Shane brothers: THE BEAST KINGS!

Team Rocket's blasting off again. No seriously, I find myself in some kind of anime show for a second there. Beast Kings? It sounds like a powerful name. But these guys look lame to me.

Tyler: State your name, kid.

Qwan: I'm Qwan Lee. I can scream very, very loud. My voice is stronger than ever. I'm like the American Idol that's never been. I have a beautiful voice. A voice like the wind. I am the....SCREAMER!

Marc: Heh! You still making fun of us? You sure got guts.

Qwan: Yeah. How do you like that? You liked the sound of my name? Eh?

Dan: Not too shabby. But we'll give you something to work on. Just to make you cry.

Great! Every carnival folk around are watchng some kind of Mortal Kombat event here. I wonder what's going to happen at this moment. I may not like it though.

Tyler: You are brave, young man. But we will stage a combat event for you. You will have to beat us for it. What's your answer?

Qwan: Deal. Anything you say, the almighty Beast Master.

Tyler: Heh! I like you. You sounded strong. But you have to prove us that you're stronger than us.

Tattooed Lady: Qwan, are you crazy? You can't beat these guys. They are invincible and have never been beaten in the past.

Ink Lady: She's right, you know.

Qwan: Don't worry, ladies. I got a plan how to defeat them. No sweat.

Tyler: It's done. The fight starts tommorrow morning. Get some rest and we'll see you once the rooster shouts at 8'o clock. Be there!

Marc: Yeah kid. Nighty night. Heh! Heh! Heh!

Oh boy! Is this the right thing to do? I'm not really sure but I guess this is where my training starts from here. At least, I can test out my strength to beat these animal punks. In the meantime, I need to get some rest.

Old Pirate's Tent.....

Josef Huber aka Isolationist: Nicole, I want you spy on these carnival freaks for me. Make no mistake that we are watching them. Understand?

Nicole: Yes, Josef. I'll be very careful.

Josef: Good. It's too bad the old pirate had to die. But I'll have to wait in order to kill the others. The game starts now.

To be continued in Freaks Flashforward, Chapter 6.  

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Bump.