Fic'r Interview: TheCannon

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

Edited By The Poet  Moderator

After my interview with Project_Worm, I thought I would I would interview someone who had been asking for an interview for a while...a user who I was surprised to learn joined the site in February of this year (a day off a very special day, but I digress...). Of course, if you actually read the title of this thread before reading this intro you would know I am talking about TheCannon!

No Caption Provided

Now, shall we do an interview?

Yes, I'm ready.

Alright! Let’s begin! What first drew you to Comic vine? Were you interested in comics before finding the site or did you get into comics afterwards?

I was simply, majorly into comics. I used it all the time as a wiki, though what drew me in to becoming a member was the battles board. I would make up battle all the time and my family and friends got annoyed that I wouldn't shut up about them. So it was perfect for me.

Anyone who has ever read the first page of your question/Answer thread (Ask TheCannon) should know your favorite characters are Thor and Wonder Woman (at least they were 6 months ago :P ), but what would you say is your favorite comic?

I'm not sure what my favorite comic is. Some contenders are X-men #137, Amazing Spider-man #238, Amazing Spider-man #300, anything from Marvel in the 1960s, Aquman (2011) #6, anything Thor before the late 1980s, and anything Wonder Woman after Crisis on Infinite Earths. It may come as a surprise, but I hate Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman.

Looking at theComic Vine Fan-Fic group collection thread, you are in charge of at least three FF groups including: Marvel Re-Imagined, New Amalgam Universe, and S Inc Comics and you have been a member of a number of other groups, so I was wondering: which group you have been apart of would you say is/was your favorite and why?

I'd probably say my favorite is the New Amalgam Universe, because it's different. It's not just another group about Marvel or DC, it's an entirely different thing that requires a lot of thought and effort.

In that group, writers were told to create their own original fusions of DC/Marvel characters. Of all the Amalgam characters created by yourself and others, which do you like the most and why?

As much as I love Super-Spider, Silver Flash, Green Panther, the Creep, Nightdevil, etc., I'd have to give my favorite to Thunder Woman, a combo of Thor and Wonder Woman. For why, Thor and WW are my favorite characters.

What draws you to write Fan Fiction—or, I should say, post content in the Fan Fiction section of the site?

It's pretty much just something to do that I enjoy. I love to write about comic characters. I would even make comic books when i was younger starring my own characters.

So, when did you start making stories to be published here on CV?

My first fan fiction was posted in March 10, 2012.

And what was, pray tell, that story titled? And what was it about?

It was Marvel Genesis: Luke Cage #1. It was the beginning of my re-imagined Luke Cage, with him going to fight in the Vietnam War and being recruited into Heroes for Hire. The series lasted 11 issues until I left Marvel Genesis and retired the series.

Very cool. Leading into my next question, is there a story here on CV either published by you or someone else that you would call your favorite?

There are too many greats for me to decide. I do love the Corporal America series written by batkevin74.

Cool. What would you say is your favorite of the stories you have written?

The Marvel Genesis: Luke Cage series. I loved working on that and I feel it's my best work.

What is the most unusual story/series you have ever written?

I'd probably say DC 5th World Order: Wonder Woman. I am not a fan of that and pretend it never existed.

Don't we all :P

What are you working on now?

Right now, I keep trying to finish my third issue of Marvel Re-Imagined Origins: Captain America so I can finally move on to Marvel Re-imagined: Fantastic Four. Other than that, I am working on Marvel Infinite, which is basically me re-imagining the Marvel Universe. I have given consideration to doing one for DC, and I know I will at least make a Batman one. I am also doing a couple continuations of cancelled TV shows (Avengers: EMH, Wolverine and the X-men, and Justice League Unlimited) with some other writers. And there is one special thing I'm planning that I don't want to spoil.....

Cool. As you know, there are so many other sections of this site (RPG, Battles, Artist-Showoff, etc.), so I have to ask: why should someone visit the Fan-Fic section? Why should we care about this section?

Someone should visit this section because there are so many great writers and stories. If you're bored, pull up some sort of fan fiction library and read. Or even write if you're good enough. It's a perfect way to let your imagination run wild and improve writing skills.

Yes, stupid answer. All I could come up with.

Seems like a fair answer to me...

Now, you’ve said in your Q&A thread that your username was derived from “a nickname in real life” (to quote you from 6 months ago) which really isn’t important for my question, but I felt that, as this is the final question of the interview, I needed some long introduction. Now, what I going with this? Oh, right! Fun final question: If you had a cannon (this is assuming you do not own one already) who/what would you shoot out of it and who/what would you be aiming at?

I'd want to shoot Hulk Hogan out of it. I'd send him flying into Vince McMahon, and both would crash into a brick wall. Eliminate the two worst people in the Professional Wrestling business at once.

And I do own a cannon, though it is for display only. I have no ammo for it, and I'm not even sure if it's in proper condition to be fired.

And that about raps things up. Thanks for a wonderful interview!

No problem. I enjoyed finally being interviewed.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

it's up.

your interview will be published tomorrow...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

@The Poet: pic is awesome.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet@TheCannon: said:

Very cool. Leading into my next question, is there a story here on CV either published by you or someone else that you would call your favorite?

There are too many greats for me to decide. I do love the Corporal America series written by batkevin74.

Aww shucks! Thanks. Nice interview

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine

You interviewed Cap? Can't wait to see how that went....

Cool interview dude.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

@wildvine: Thanks.

@batkevin74: You're welcome and thanks.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@TheCannon said:

Glad you like it.

@batkevin74: thanks

@wildvine said:

I had to blackmail him for that interview...so you know right from the start be Cap-level weird...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@The Poet

@TheCannon said:

Glad you like it.

@batkevin74: thanks

@wildvine said:

I had to blackmail him for that interview...so you know right from the start be Cap-level weird...

Is that possible?
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Poet said:

@wildvine said:

Nice to know I'm loved. Thanks guys!

In my defense, I didn't think it was weird until you asked about Gah! Which was your own downfall.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By lykopis

Nice getting to know more of the fanfic contributors on CV. Great interview. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I've been wanting to check out some New Amalgam stuff, but this makes me want to even more. Cannon, nice reading about you.