Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

My laziness has caught up with me! AGAIN! I give you

Ravager4

ABOUT Ravager4

Username: Ravager4

Languages: English and only English. I am seriously challenged when it comes to learning new languages.

Favorite fictional character: Rose Wilson, aka Ravager. But I think that was obvious, right? I could go on and on explaining why, but we'd be here forever. Haha. Of course, this refers to before the DC reboot. I still like her after the reboot, but not nearly as much, since they've yet to give her character a lot of depth. The fact that it looks like she's faded into the background for at least the next several months doesn't help much. So, if we're talking in the New 52, then it's Barbara Gordon. Unlike a lot of other people who hate that she isn't Oracle anymore, I don't mind it at all, and absolutely adore the way that Gail Simone has been writing her. She's younger (like most other characters in the DCU), less experienced, and still has a lot to learn, which I think is great. It lets me see a different side of Babs that I haven't experienced yet in comics, and I love it.

Taste in comics: My taste in comics varies quite a lot. While I do stick to mostly superhero comics, and mostly from DC, I have strayed elsewhere in genre (Fables comes to mind), and company (I think Runaways is the only Marvel comic I've ever read. I read Grimm Fairy Tales for a while, too, and am currently reading The Boys). Basically, if a comic has a story and characters that I'm genuinely interested in, I'll read it. I usually require both (as well as artwork that is at least bearable. I have stopped reading a comic because the art became nausea inducing, but that's very rare), but I have been known to follow a great story even if I don't love any of the characters, and on the flip side there are some characters I'll follow no matter what horrible story or book they end up in, because I love the character that much.

For example, I greatly dislike the current run of Teen Titans, not just because the story has been pretty meh overall, and most of the dialogue comes off as stilted and weird, but I'm just generally not interested in any of the characters. Tim is the only one I even mildly like, the others I've found to be pretty boring and uninteresting, with Cassie even as one of my least favorite characters. However, since Raven has been revealed to be coming again to Teen Titans... I'll end up buying it again, because Raven happens to be my second favorite character and I'll follow her anywhere.

Of course, that's only if they don't butcher her character to a point where it makes me physically ill to read read her. Case in point, I loved Power Girl pre-reboot, especially in her solo series run. I instantly jumped onto Worlds' Finest, expecting to be able to once again follow one of my favorite characters in exciting stories. What I found was an essentially completely different character using her name, and a slow, uninteresting story that I couldn't bear to drag myself through. Add all that together, and I dropped it after three issues. My only hope is that they just don't ruin Raven in the same fashion.

Some of my favorite past books include: Teen Titans, Titans, Secret Six, Gen13, Power Girl, Runaways, Outsiders

As for books I'm currently reading: Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Earth-2, Wonder Woman, The Ravagers, Ame-Comi Girls, The Boys. I've recently dropped a couple, too, so I'm looking for a couple new series to pick up. I plan on picking up Batman once the whole Joker story starts in October, but until then... any suggestions?

THE QUESTIONS!

So, how did you get into Fan-Fic?

Well, I've always been a writer at heart. I believe I discovered my passion for writing when I was about... 12 or so, and really got into it at about 14. So I've been writing for almost 11 years. After getting into comics, I'd think up little stories in my head with the characters, though I didn't start putting any of these down on paper for a long time. Once I came to the Vine and saw the fan-fic section, I started to wonder if maybe it was something I could do. So I thought about it and came to the conclusion that, you know what? I loved Rose Wilson before the reboot and would have loved to see her stories continued. So, I got the idea of writing out stories for her as though Flashpoint never happened, which resulted in my Ravager series.. It really took off in a way I never expected, as I quickly grew to love writing about Rose and her adventures, and watching her grow and develop as a character. If you told me several months ago that I'd be writing a chapter a day for almost a third of a year, I'd have laughed in your face. Lo and behold, though, that's exactly what happened.

What do you like most about CV’s Fic board?

I love that it offers you a place to write fan fiction about comics where it can be read by other people that enjoy comics. You go elsewhere on other fan fic sites and they have dozens of different genres and categories, and if you were to write about a lesser known comic character (like Rose), you'd be hard pressed to find any feedback. Here, you can write a story about whatever and chances are someone will comment on it, because it's what the community is build around, a love of comics.

What was your first Fan-Fic?

My Ravager series is my first and only fan fic.

Have you ever written any original characters?

Why yes, as a matter of fact. I created numerous original characters in my series, many of whom I grew to love. These include Rebecca Chavez (a Silverstone City cop and love interest), Holly Sanders (an orphaned girl who Rose took in), Gerald Palmer (Silverstone City police chief and eventual father figure), Jeremiah Belmont (Rose's biggest enemy throughout the series), Michael Kubrick (another frequently occurring enemy), and Zaria (Kubrick's partner, in multiple senses of the word). Of course, there are many more than just this handful. You'll have to read all about them in the series to find out more!

Do you read much work from other writers?

On occasion, when I have the time. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time lately on top of work and a lot of other things going on. I think my favorite right now would have to be Gotham Hearts, by @Joygirl. I love the way she writes Harley and Selina together.

Who are your favourite writers on the vine?

@Joygirl, @batkevin74, @Time_Phantom

Most of us have read your Ravager series (if you haven’t, go do it! Now!), what do you think is the easiest thing to write about Rose?

Really, most of you have? You'd never know that by the amount of comments I get xD To be fair, though, I think it's because I've written so much, it scares people away, and then they have so much to catch up with... but the series has been completed, so now's the time to catch up! Haha, anyway.

The easiest thing to write about Rose... well, her total badassery comes to mind. I mean, no matter what you're writing Rose in, you be sure to show her kicking ass with her fists or her swords and you've got one part of her done. But other than that, I found her deep personality much easier to write as time went on. She doesn't typically wear her emotions on her sleeves, preferring to keep them locked up inside to the point where she can't even admit them to herself.

But she does care, and she does have a heart. She really does want to do good with her life, no matter what kind of person she is otherwise and no matter where she's come from. That is most important to her. Granted, over the course of my series her personality has evolved a great deal (which is a given. If you have a main character that doesn't grow and develop over the course of 100+ chapters, you're doing something wrong), but those are the basics.

What can we expect to see in the future from you?

Nothing in the immediate future. I've been wanting to take a break for a while now, after working so hard over the past 100+ days. But eventually I'll churn out something else. I do plan on writing a brief one shot or mini series detailing the past of Michael Kubrick, one of the characters in my Ravager series. It will explain how he came to the point in his life that we find him at in the series. He wasn't always a bad guy! It will also show how he met Zaria, the one person who showed him how to live with himself and accept who he was after he was turned into a werewolf (spoiler!).

What do you think the Fic board needs more of?

Interested readers unafraid to comment! I can't recall how many times I've seen something on the board have like 80 views but only a few comments. Please, if you read something and have thoughts on it, leave a comment. It means a great deal to the people who have taken the time to write their stories.

Why should other people view and get involved on the fan-fic board?

It's an absolutely wonderful place to read interesting stories about many different comic book characters, stories that you're unlikely to see anywhere else. If you're a writer, then it gives you a place to tell your own stories about your favorite characters. You might just find/create something amazing!

Well, there you have it! Comment more, or we'll send a badly-trained Fic'r with daddy issues round to your house! Look for the next Fic'r interview (whenever that is) soon...or later. I have a terrible work ethic...

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Project_Worm

Woo! great Interview Col.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CapFanboy

@Project_Worm said:

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Project_Worm

@CapFanboy: You're welcome... Way to take a compliment...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@CapFanboy said:

@Project_Worm said:

Something that pisses Cap off? Do share.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy

@AweSam said:

Something that pisses Cap off? Do share.

Know what does annoy me? If you nominate people seriously on the Fan-Fic awards Summer nominations thread...

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By rav4

@CapFanboy: hey, you forgot to keep the spoiler tag that was around that certain section of text in one of my answers... lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Wait Ravager's a guy!? I always thought you were a girl!

I usually think people are the genders of their profile pic.

Anyway, another great interview!

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rav4

@primepower53 said:

Wait Ravager's a guy!? I always thought you were a girl!

Oh dear, this problem again...

I mean... nope, always been a guy.

*slowly backs away*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ravager4: *creepy smile*

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53 said:

He does this when he finds he you have a package

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

He does this when he finds he you have a package

hush, child

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53: 2 years older than you kid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CapFanboy said:

hush, Col.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

hush, Col.

Hush, Baby Prime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

hush, Col.

Hush, Baby Prime.

hush, Gah! writer.

That in itself is insult enough

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rav4

I'm not sure whether to be concerned or... okay, just concerned.

ColFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ColFanboy

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

hush, Col.

Hush, Baby Prime.

hush, Gah! writer.

I know. Gah! sucks. I mean, what straight guy loves booty?!

@Ravager4 said:

Be concerned. Cap sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ColFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

hush, Col.

Hush, Baby Prime.

hush, Gah! writer.

I know. Gah! sucks. I mean, what straight guy loves booty?!

@Ravager4 said:

Be concerned. Cap sucks.

Gah! sucks due to horrible and overused jokes that are only funny when high or drunk.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53 said:

Gah! sucks due to horrible and overused jokes that are only funny when high or drunk.

F**k. He knows.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Great Interview!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By batkevin74

@Ravager4: Good interview, I like that we have the same feeling on if you read it, comment on it! Speaking of which, of to Rose Wilson I go :)

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#24  Edited By Joygirl

Nice interview! I only just realized that these exist.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

100+ chapters? That sounds like something to keep me busy! I'll start on it soonish... Nice interview.