Fan Fic Review: Psycho's Judges.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Edited By wildvine  Moderator

What is fan fiction? Its taking established characters or universe and writing them your way. Taking something and showing it from a different angle. I think the idea behind the Psycho series embodied this concept better then some. So this week (by request) I reviewed the Psycho mini-series "Psycho's Judges."

The story of Psycho is about a meta human with a vendetta against crime and environmental baddies. (Think Captain Planet/Batman.) To meet his goals he gathers an odd band of characters together. Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Jason Todd, Bane, and an original character called Sean Luthor, AKA Doomhound. Its a decent enough idea in concept.

Unfortunately I found several issues with the series.

Bad:

Characters act out of character. The dialogue feels off a lot. And various plot holes, misspellings, and punctuation issues distract from the reading experience.

Good:

The original character Sean Luthor is mostly solid and stays pretty well in character. He shows emotion better then any of the other characters and is fairly well written.

Over view:

This series needs a some editing and some polish, but could be great with a little work.

Based on the various issues I have with the series, I can only offer two and a half stars out of five.

Further reading:

The complete Psycho/Doomhound saga (to date) can be found here. Psycho/Doomhound: Revolution Library

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Hey could you review Sharpshot?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wildvine  Moderator

Hey could you review Sharpshot?

I was actually thinking of tackling him next. Gimme a few days though to catch up other stuff.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wildvine  Moderator
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Great review, nice one ^___^

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@bumpyboo said:

Great review, nice one ^___^

~_o <3

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@wildvine: It is nice to see a review that has been given some thought and doesn't just say "This is awesome and you should totes read it!". Very refreshing :)

<3

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am so happy you've found some time to get back to reviewing fanfiction on the site! Nicely done (of course -- it's you) and I am off to read it.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

I think I'll be rebooting/remaking the series, as I kind of wasted some massive potential. Meaning I will ABSOLUTLEY be rebboting/remaking it. In the mean time...Maybe you could review my Wolfman series? I feel that was way better than this mediocre waste of time.. Link is here for the library.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wildvine  Moderator

I think I'll be rebooting/remaking the series, as I kind of wasted some massive potential. Meaning I will ABSOLUTLEY be rebboting/remaking it. In the mean time...Maybe you could review my Wolfman series? I feel that was way better than this mediocre waste of time.. Link is here for the library.

Dude.....just reread and edit what you have here. Its not bad, it just needs some polishing.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TommytheHitman

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Why don't you just get to a point in your series and then just start Doomhound in a new title? Just that one title and then have it expand off that? Also here's issue 11.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Dude.....just reread and edit what you have here. Its not bad, it just needs some polishing.

In that case, I read that I kind've was OOC with some characters...Any specific examples you've noticed, as there's nothing I hate more than writing characters that I'm a fan of (Ivy, Red Hood, Bane, Harley) OOC.