go_4green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By go_4green

Fallout: The Courier

“You had a speedy recovery, considering you took a bullet to the head,” explained the doctor, “are you sure you’d like to leave so soon?”

Still hazy from the chems given to me, I replied, “I would like to find the men responsible as soon as possible.”

Those men deserve what they’ve got comin, but don’t leave without this; it’s the only things you had when Victor found you.” The doctor handed over a sack of things with a grin on his face, “and I thought you might need these, it’s some stimpacks I had laying around, and may I suggest talking to Miss Sunny Smiles over at the Prospector Saloon? She will help you get back into the habit of surviving in the gruesome wasteland.”

As I entered the door under the buzzing neon sign reading saloon, I was greeted by the barking of a large dog. The dog’s owner was a young woman about my own age. “Down !” she’d say to the dog, all the while apologizing to me, as if she were embarrassed.

“That’s fine; I was just looking for a girl named Sunny Smiles. Doc Mitchell said that she might help get me back on my feet,” I said observing the saloon. Many drinks lined the counter, of the smoke filled, dim lit room. With the fans on high, the room felt much cooler than the outside heat.

“Well that would be me,” she claimed with a sincere voice, “Doc told me all about you, and how you were shot in the head. Of coarse I can help you out. Just meet me out back in a few minutes while I grab a few things.” And with a smile from ear to ear, she left the saloon, with the dog close on her heals.

Out back i was overwhelmed by the stench of old, warm alcohol as I notice many empty bottles and glass along the fence. “Take this gun,” said Sunny, “and do as I tell you. That way you can recall your shooting skills. It’s a whacky wasteland, and you wouldn’t want to be caught off guard.” Handing me a long Varmint rifle, made from some of the finest wood and steel I had seen in ages, she said, “Now just hold the gun steady as you look down the iron sights to aim at the bottles.”

Raising the gun in the direction of the bottles, I could feel the sweat on the back of my neck as I tried to concentrate. Pulling the trigger, I felt the butt of the gun deep in my shoulder. The explosion of the gun powder within was quickly followed by the shatter of the bottle at the end of my sights. The adrenaline rushed through my body as I fired two more shots, with each bullet meeting its mark.

“Wow! Looks like you can still shoot, Sunny said in a soft but excited voice. “Would you like to join me while I clear out the Geckos from the Goodsprings watering hole? I could teach you a few more things about survival when we’re finished.”

“That sounds like a great idea,” I said.

Approaching the town watering hole, Sunny filled me in on how the mutated Geckos would terrorize the citizens trying to retrieve water. She claimed that since no one else would take care of the problem, it was up to her and . Not knowing what to expect I followed her as we rounded the massive cliff, and into the opening. It was there that I first saw the creatures. There was four of them, fighting over water and making a terrible scene. They were about four feet tall as they stood on their hind legs, with thick tails and slippery skin.

The bark of froze the Geckos as they looked our way with their beady eyes. BOOM went the sound of Sunny’s gun while a Gecko dropped down in the distance. We both opened fire as the Geckos ran at us with a waddle characteristic. Two down as a third bit at my feet.

Suddenly a sharp pain flushed through me as the creature’s jagged teeth pierced the flesh on my leg. I let out a loud shout of pain as I drove the stock of my gun into its head causing it to release its grip. Pulling the gun up I shot until the creature’s body was motionless on the ground below me.

put in her own efforts to stop the Gecko also, as she took the fourth Gecko down, ripping its neck to shreds and walking away as if declaring her victory.

After Sunny taught me to skin the beasts, she led me to a fire ring near the well. She lit a match and tossed it into the pit as I watched from a safe distance. “Campfires are good for not only warmth and light at night, but also, for cooking and crafting recipes that will help you in survival,” she explained. “These two ingredients,” she said while pulling two items from her pocket, “are broc flower and xander root. They are used in many recipes but in this case, both are mixed and dried to make healing powder. This powder is good for cuts like that one on you leg,” she said.

The smell of the dried powder was strong and sweet. She threw the warm powder on the cut as I winced in pain. “I’m sorry, but it soaks up the infection better when it’s warm,” she said reassuringly.

That’s okay; you just caught me off guard. The warmth of the sun is bad enough,” I said.

“Here are fifty caps for helping me clear the Geckos,” as she handed me a small bag of old bottle caps, “and you can keep the rifle as a gift.” Not sure why she gave me bottle caps I asked,

“What are these caps for?”

Those are Nuka Cola and Sunset Sasparilla bottle caps,” she replied, “they’re used as currency in most spots throughout the wasteland.” she continued on, “I suggest you stay in Goodsprings for the night. The next town is a few miles from here and you don’t have enough time today.”

“I agree, but, where can I stay?” I questioned.

You can stay with Victor, the robot that found you in the ditch. He might also know more about the people that shot you.”

As I lay down in the bed that night I had many things to think about. Victor hadn’t come back from his nightly rounds yet so I wasn’t able to ask about the shooter. Deciding it was best to wait, I went to sleep feeling exhausted.

go_4green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By go_4green
  • give me your thought and opinions please!